IGT S+ reels won't stop spinning

(1/2) > >>

slackly:
I have an IGT S+ 3 reel slot machine.

It was working fine for several months, then I started getting a motor grinding sound after the reels stopped spinning, win or lose. I believe it was coming from the coin comparator area. I was told it could also be one of the reel motors. I started fiddling inside, unplugged the reels, and plugged them back in. I was then getting a 43 error - 3rd reel tilt. I played with it some more, and now, when I turn the machine on, the reels start spinning, and do not stop, even when I close and lock the door. I am still getting the same error code.
I tried swapping reel 2 and reel 3, and I still get a reel 3 tilt error code.

My first repair project is to clear the 3rd reel tilt, and reset/fix the reels, so they work properly.

I'm planning on addressing the grinding sound after that.

Anyone have ideas what would make the reels continuously spin, or how to fix it?

Thanks so much for any help!

Neonkiss:
Sounds like a bad optic switch on the reel.
It's looking for the zero position, but the optics are not picking it up when it passes by.

knagl:
Are they all spinning slowly or at "normal" speed?

stayouttadabunker:
Open the door, and turning the reset key for a second will stop the constant spinning.
However, if the error keeps coming back , you might want the shop around for a spare MPU board...

Remember, before removing any wiring connectors from anything in the machine,
please turn the power off...NOT doing that will only give you more problems than you bargained for...okay?

Finally, do a "search" on top of the webpage dialog box and type in "noisy reels"...
you will see some excellent fixes in those topics that were performed recently by our fellow members...! :89-

slackly:
Thanks so much!!

The reels stopped continuously spinning when I used the reset key with the door open.
I've been trying the reset key with the door closed.

So, the next/last issue:
The grinding sound after the reels stop really sounds like it's coming from the front of the door, perhaps under the coin comparator?
The location feels like it's between me and the coin intake slot. Not the coin intake slot and the reels behind. Does that make sense?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page