Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:11:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  IGT Game King Plus Multi-Denomation
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Game King Plus Multi-Denomation  (Read 10873 times)
freebird4
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 109

« on: July 11, 2009, 08:31:51 PM »

This video on You-Tube shows this machine with two row of buttons is this correct?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/R9R3zCO0qeM&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/R9R3zCO0qeM&rel=0</a>

Thanks,

Freebird4
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 09:07:56 PM »

freebird, usually the double row bet deck is used for the I game + and enhanced slots, one row of buttons for the number of lines played, the other row for coins bet. I'm pretty sure but not positive, especially for the 044 games that they are game/cabinet compatible meaning if you have a game king multi-game setup in a double row bet deck, probably only the front buttons will work. If you have an I game + software in a single row bet deck machine than some of the options would have to be selected on the touchscreen since you would not have that row of buttons available on the bet deck. If I am mistaken, someone please jump in here since I have not put a GK set in my I+'s yet. Of course the previous comment about 044 boards also depends on you having all boards needed for the conversion.

Dan (tacman)

kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 02:56:07 AM »

nope you are correct Dan.  we have several single hand poker games on our floor that have the 14 button panel and only the lower five hold buttons are active, along with the cashout, service, max bet, etc...

Now You're Techin'!!!
Forrhouse
Manufacturing Equipment & Parts to Keep Slots that are No Longer Supported by the Manufacturer running.
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 252

Life is too short, live, love and have a good time

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 04:14:28 AM »

GameKing and iGames are the same machines. Their are only 2 differences. 
1) iGame software is single game software and GameKing software has mulltiple games available per software set. 
2) So, software and glass are the only differences.

Thanks,
Eric
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 04:36:40 AM »

GameKing and iGames are the same machines. Their are only 2 differences. 
1) iGame software is single game software and GameKing software has mulltiple games available per software set. 
2) So, software and glass are the only differences.

Thanks,
Eric

Scratch Head  Aren't there also hardware differences? Different MPU boards, SIMMs vs. EPROMs? etc.. Scratch Head  I've been trying to get up to speed on GKs now that Buzz has one, but I'm still unclear about a lot of the details.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 06:59:16 AM »

I know that my older MPU board can only do Game King games -- I'm under the impression that if I were to buy a newer board (which fits into the same backplane) that I could then do I-Game stuff.  I know that the newer I-Game games use SIMM cards.  I don't know if there were ever any EPROM-only-based I-Game titles.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 10:09:48 AM »

Kevin, you are correct that the 3802 board is eprom based, but it would not surprise me in the least if there were I game sets for dedicated slots that were all eprom and could be used in the 3802 as well. Seems the next step up was the 3902 board and an upgrade to Simms,, the nice thing is that the 3902 board will also accept the 3802 eprom sets if you have the first MMLB you can use the sound eproms as well. I have several GK multi-sets that are Simm based as well so the platform evolved for both GK and I Game to use the new tech. I don't know about 044 though, are there GK games on those flash boards? I don't see why not.

Dan (tacman)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 03:27:04 PM by tacman » Logged

Slotmaster

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 12:39:26 PM »

Kevin, you are correct that the 3802 board is eprom based, but it would not surprise me in the least if there were I game sets for dedicated slots that were all eprom and could be used in the 3802 as well. Seems the next step up was the 3902 board and an upgrade to  Simms,, the nice thing is that the 3902 bord will also accept the 3802 eprom sets if you have the first MMLB yoouu can use the sound eproms as well. I have several GK multi-sets that are Simm based as well so the platform evolved for both GK and I Game to use the new tech. I don't know about 044 though, are there GK games on those flash boards? I don't see why not.

Dan (tacman)
The 044 supports all (Flash and SIMM including eprom)   The I+ Enhanced games are the ones like Texas Tina etc.     Rquires the extra board that sits ontop (Flash or Eprom)  no MMLite board used or needed

The 3902 supports all I+ games, I games and GK games (either SIMM or Eprom)  Uses 2 different MMLite boards  (one SIMM, One Eprom)    Square board that sits ontop or really plugs into the 3902

The 3802 support all eprom based games,this includes GK and I games.  The early I games (before I+) were all erpoms.    Uses one type of EPROM sound board if needed (L shaped)

hope that helps everyone.

TZtech

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 12:46:50 PM »

Hi All

IGT has confused the issue a bit as Game King can refer to the Multigame sw or the actual gaming platform

Game King Platform

These use the old 3802 boards and have the IO board in another tray above the main processor board - EPROM based.
The ones i have only have one row of buttons - not sure if they can accomadate a second row

Game King Enhanced Platform

These can use the 039 boards or the 044 boards - The IO boards are small plug in cards - Usually come with 2 rows of buttons

With 039 board
EPROM and SIM based. As Tacmans stated EPROM only games will work on this platform from the earlier Game King range

With 044 board
To upgrade to 044 you need a new processor and mother board. 044 boards have a daughter board that goes on top of the main board. There is a legacy board that takes EPROM/Sims. This was designed accomadate 039 based sw.
Alternatively it can use a card with flash memory - These can be programmed via a PC or with a special flash card programmer.

PS - Slotmaster beat me to it with some details but to lazy to edit post :>

Regards
Ian

Slotmaster

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 12:49:56 PM »

thats ok, more info the better!

To note that only the 044 requires the backplane change. 

TZtech

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 01:13:26 PM »

Hi Again

The backplane board (or mother board) is different between the Game King and the Game King enhanced.
However the 3802 and the 039 processor boards have identical connectors so i would assume that they are compatible ? - will check up on this tomorrow as i have both types in the shop at the moment.

Also note that the 039 backplane is also used in the older S2000 machines.
Slotmaster

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 01:17:55 PM »

Hi Again

The backplane board (or mother board) is different between the Game King and the Game King enhanced.
However the 3802 and the 039 processor boards have identical connectors so i would assume that they are compatible ? - will check up on this tomorrow as i have both types in the shop at the moment.

Also note that the 039 backplane is also used in the older S2000 machines.

correct same backplane between the 039 3802

The S2000 was the same but the enh version of the s2000 is not.

freebird4
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 109

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 03:13:09 PM »

Thanks to all for the great information! As always I learn alot from the Pro's here on N.L.G.!!!  applause applause applause
I look forward to learning more about the Game King Plus.

Freebird4
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 08:26:56 PM »

Thanks guys! That helps to clarify things. applause

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.