Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:51:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  **Reel Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Jackpot Availability
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jackpot Availability  (Read 4346 times)
dale
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 60

« on: September 25, 2010, 02:14:21 PM »

Is the Highest award or Jackpot available to hit on every single play? It seems odd that as fast as Max Bet can be played that ALL the reel positions are available between each play. Thanks in advance.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 11:40:12 PM »

The RNG (Random Number Generator) chooses the reel stops AFTER you push the MAX bet or SPIN button.
It only chooses 3 stops on a 3 reel machine from the reel chip's paytable.
Believe me - it doesn't take very long for a MPU board to figure that out!
It probably picks the 3 stops before your finger releases the button!
The reels spinning and stopping on symbols are just eye candy...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 11:38:44 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
edski
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 123

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 12:17:09 AM »

I thought that if I pulled the handle fast or slow, the reels spin accordingly, then each reel stops randomly, then the payout is determined.
I'm confused. Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking

Spoiled Rotten Birds
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 02:32:48 AM »

Read this thread and you will be even more confused

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=6011.0

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
dale
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 03:42:27 AM »

I understand that the RNG is picking the stops but are the stops for the top award available each time you push the bet button? In other words between the micro seconds that the button is pushed is the top award a possibility on each and every spin? Thanks.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 03:45:35 AM »

I understand that the RNG is picking the stops but are the stops for the top award available each time you push the bet button? In other words between the micro seconds that the button is pushed is the top award a possibility on each and every spin? Thanks.

If we're talking about class III Nevada style gaming machines, the answer is yes.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 04:03:18 AM »

<ADD> The RNG doesn't directly pick the stops. It runs through tens or even hundreds of thousands of numbers every second that the machine is on.

When the player drops the first coin or presses the first button (S+ era), or when she initiates the spin (newer machines that let the player change the bet size before spinning), the computer polls the RNG for the next n numbers being produced at that instant (one number for each reel) and then converts each of them into an integer range that matches the number of virtual stops on each reel in an unbiased manner.

Stepper slots then map the virtual stop to the corresponding physical stop. Video slots generally don't have to weight their symbols since the size of the reels isn't hampered by physical limitations.

However, some video slots do use teaser strips that make it seem like there are more high-paying symbols flying by while the reels are spinning, and then draw the actual reel segment on the screen when they stop.

I've seen convincing evidence on my Bally Gamemaker eight-liner game "Wizard of Odds" that they not only use teaser strips, but actually use teaser symbols above and below the symbol that ends up on the payline for each reel. I would have thought that that was illegal, at least in Nevada, but my tests would indicate that they did this. I'm not certain, though, about the legality or of my observations.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 04:14:17 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
dale
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 01:21:35 PM »

Yes, home slots from Nevada. Thank you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.