Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:15:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Bally Game Maker Touch Screen Help Please!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally Game Maker Touch Screen Help Please!  (Read 12923 times)
MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 153

Wild Thing!

« on: August 04, 2009, 10:37:22 PM »

Hi all,

I have a nice Bally GameMaker with the 14" monitor and touch screen. The touch screen is a MicroTouch system.

For the life of me, I can not get this touchscreen system to work. When I first got the game it was intermittently working. Some times when I turned in the game it would work, other times it would not. Lately, it will not at all. I have checked every connection, ran wires direct to bypass the plugs, etc..., but nothing is helping. I can tell you that the little green light is on and the other night the touch screen did start working for a few minutes, but then nothing. I know when the touch screen is working because the little red arrows disappear from the screen (see picture). So, somehow the game knows when the touch screen system is on or off (working properly). If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rob

* IMG_3067.jpg (791.46 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 1240 times.)

* IMG_3068.JPG (352.23 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 365 times.)
MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member

Wild Thing!

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 10:38:08 PM »

More pics

* IMG_3070.JPG (262.41 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 413 times.)

* IMG_3071.jpg (617.51 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 351 times.)
MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member

Wild Thing!

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 12:24:25 AM »

I thought I would add that I have tried the Safe Clear a few times as well and the touch screen configuration never appeared.   Help Help Help

Thanks,

Rob
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 12:55:12 AM »

Nice machine rob! yes
how many games on it? yummy
Someody once said your feet have to touch the floor when using touchscreens...
might be a bad ground somewhere?

At least, I remember on a different topic about keno pens and feet on the floor seemed to work better?
MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member

Wild Thing!

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 01:14:18 AM »

I wish it were that easy. The game itself does not know it has a touch screen installed. The touch screen system and the game are not communicating for some reason. That's where I need the help. Everything I have checked "checks out", but it doesn't help...   Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

Any other suggestions?  I'm racking my brain trying to troubleshoot this issue.  Weird Eyes

O,h and I think I have 10 games on it.

Thanks,

Rob
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 01:53:16 AM »

Are the touch screen alignment and test options present in the setup menus but grayed out, or are they missing completely? Which mains are you using?

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member

Wild Thing!

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 05:47:25 PM »

Are the touch screen alignment and test options present in the setup menus but grayed out, or are they missing completely? Which mains are you using?

The menu options are there, but when when it asks to touch the screen to test or calibrate, it does not respond. I'm not sure what you mean by mains??? I do know that after a safeclear you are supposed to be prompted to calibrate the touch screen, but it never does.

Rob
StatFreak

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 02:27:48 AM »

...I'm not sure what you mean by mains??? I do know that after a safeclear you are supposed to be prompted to calibrate the touch screen, but it never does.

Rob

What are the chip numbers in locations M0 and M1 on the board?

While you've got the board out, make sure that DipSW 2, switch 6 is turned OFF. That switch tells the machine if a touch screen is installed or not. If this is on, it indicates that there is no touch screen.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 02:35:12 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member

Wild Thing!

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 02:35:16 AM »

Well, that's a damn good question... You tell me...  Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Rob

* IMG_3094.JPG (376.83 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 378 times.)
StatFreak

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 02:52:52 AM »

Well, that's a damn good question... You tell me...  Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Rob

Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out

Turn on the machine and enter the setup menu (door open). Under Diagnostics, select Memory Test (bottom option). Then select EPROM Checksum (top option). The first two chips will be your Mains (M0, M1). Their numbers are the concatenation of "SMI" & "Other" (e.g.: SMI = "M1000B" Other = "0604-17". Chip is "M1000B0604-17")  You can write these numbers down on your chip for later reference. All I'm looking for are the last two numbers after the dash (e.g.: 17) That indicates the version of your mains.

Did you check your DIPSW2 SW6? That would be the simple answer if it is currently turned on, although you would probably need to do one more clear to have the new setting take effect if you have to turn it off.

MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member

Wild Thing!

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 08:20:52 PM »

Just to follow up. The main versions are 24...

In complete frustration I tore the touch screen assembly completely apart this morning. I re-flowed solder, re-straightened pins, etc...

I put it all back together and it now works. I have swapped processor boards, turned that game off and on a dozen times to see if the touch screen would stop working, but it still works!  The Wave

So, I'm still not sure what the issue was, but I'm very glad I have it working.

On a side note, the games I have on it are Wake the Genie, 007 Goldeneye, Black Jack plus, Black Jack, Deuces Wild, Pick'em Poker, Keno, Wizard of Oddz, Goldmine Bonus Poker and Double Bonus Poker.

Am I missing any other cool games?

Thanks everyone for your help!

Rob

* IMG_3133.jpg (638.03 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 776 times.)

* IMG_3134.JPG (296.49 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 820 times.)
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 07:40:01 AM »

Congrats on solving your touchscreen issue.  applause

As for 'other cool games' - I like the goldmine slot game, triple trouble keno, and the elusive "Pay the Aces" game.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 10:19:05 AM »

I second the nomination for Goldmine Slot. I also recommend Triple Trouble Bonus Poker.

I've had three 16000+ hits on Island Wins in the re-spin bonus, but I think that I'm ahead of the curve, statistically speaking. I wasn't enjoying the game until I hit my first big bonus, but it has since become a favorite. I've hit 4000-5000 coins several times as well. Of course, I'm playing 90 coins per spin. arrow Your mileage may vary.

I noticed that you have both BJ and BJ Plus installed. Personally I have had terrible luck with BJ Plus -- in all of my playing I've hit a mixed seven's bonus once or twice, and nothing else -- not a single decent bonus. hissy fit Without those it just sucks my money. I do like the "let it ride" feature, though. In theory, that top prize can get huge.

What's your opinion of Wizard of Odds, Wake the Gene, and 007 Goldeneye? I haven't tried them yet.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 10:24:15 AM by StatFreak » Logged

MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member

Wild Thing!

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 10:12:19 PM »

I like 007 and Wake the Genie. Multi line, 5 reel games with bonus.

Not crazy about Wizard of Oddz...

I read that there is a Roulette game for Game Maker. I would like to try that as well.

Rob

* IMG_3136.JPG (264.86 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 422 times.)

* IMG_3139.JPG (220.56 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 410 times.)
Destro333
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 01:08:07 AM »

My GameMaker is having a very similar problem.  I can power it up and play for a while with no issue at all.  After a random length of time (sometimes minutes, sometimes hours) it will lose touch screen functionality.  If I open the door and use a mirror I can see the little light on the touch screen controller is lit and brightens when I touch the screen.  But none of the games or menus react to screen touching.  They will work with the deck buttons

Sometimes if I reset the machine the screen will have those arrows that point to the deck buttons to indicate which ones are in use for that particular game.  Sometimes if I power the machine completely down the touchscreen will work again.  Always if I let the machine rest for a while, the touchscreen will come back.

I thought maybe it was a heat issue as the vent fan on my GameMaker was not working.  I just replaced it and now have air blowing out the cabinet but still the issue with the touchscreen.

Every once in a rare while the machine would reset itself.  As in I would be sitting across the room and suddenly hear the bill validator cycling.  When I went over to see what was going on the machine was rebooting.  Always in this circumstance the touchscreen would be inoperable and the arrows pointing to the deck buttons would be present.

I might try reflowing the solder on the screen controller board and hope for a bit of luck.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 02:36:03 AM by Destro333 » Logged
Destro333
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 02:39:21 AM »

No luck.  I reflowed some of the solder joints on the board and nudged the rows of pins so the cable would fit a bit snugger.  Machine worked perfect for a while.  I left it alone for an hour and when I came back the red arrows were on the screen pointing to the deck buttons.  Touch screen was unresponsive.  I can still see the light on the controller board and it does brighten when I touch the screen.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.