Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:19:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  65-4 error code ?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 65-4 error code ?  (Read 14478 times)
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2009, 02:24:36 PM »

SET086 supports setting token values, the other ones you listed do not.  There's another SET chip that also support token values, I think it's  58, but I'm not 100% sure as I don't have that PSR.  The 1137/086 is the set I have personally tested, so I cannot verify 1st hand the use of others.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2009, 09:21:55 PM »

Did you ever try pressing cash out again after the first payout? Scratch Head

I did, and nothing happened.  I even tried the jackpot reset key for kicks and it just entered its typical accounting/whatever mode.  I could never get it to lockup for a handpay with a partial token value.  The only way I found I could get rid of the credits was to play them off.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2009, 10:25:44 AM »

The PSR isn't much help. I've never played with one of these SP chips, but it looks like one has to select "Token credit" (option 7 in selection <0>[5]) to get tokenization. It's not really clear.

I'm going to have to put this chip through its paces one of these days and see just what it will and will not do in these various mode combinations. stir the pot / get cooking

Token Value
Selection <0> [15]   Tokens can be set to a value between 2 and 99 credits.  Credits window = token value.  Press the Spin Reels button to step through token values.  Turn the jackpot reset key to select a value.
:
Selection <0> [5]   The credit type can not be changed if credits are accumulated or if the tournament option is enabled.  Options are Standard Euro credit {1}, Euro noncredit {2}, Nevada-style credit {3}, Nevada-style noncredit {4}, Lottery-style credit {5}, Semi-Euro credit {6}, Token credit {7}, or Semi-Euro credit II {8}.
:
Display <0> [15]   This page is not displayed if the tournament option is enabled.  If the credit type is Token, {1} appears in the Winner Paid window and the token value is shown in the Credits window.  The set chip is required to modify the token value.
:
Credit Limit
Selection <0> [3]   This page is displayed only if the credit type selected is Standard Euro credit, Euro noncredit, Semi-Euro credit, Semi-Euro credit II, or Lottery-style credit.  Determines the amount of credits that can be accumulated before winning amounts are paid by the hopper.  If set at 0000, the limit automatically defaults to the highest nonprogressive win amount in the paytable.

Credit Limit
Default <0> [3]   This page is displayed only if the credit limit is set at 0000.  Displays the default credit limit.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2009, 10:06:50 PM »

it looks like one has to select "Token credit" (option 7 in selection <0>[5]) to get tokenization. It's not really clear.

You are correct sir.  You set the token value (in my "penny machine" for a quarter example I used "25"), and then set the credit type to Token Credit.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2009, 02:12:27 AM »

it looks like one has to select "Token credit" (option 7 in selection <0>[5]) to get tokenization. It's not really clear.

You are correct sir.  You set the token value (in my "penny machine" for a quarter example I used "25"), and then set the credit type to Token Credit.

Do you know the differences between these?
Standard Euro credit, Euro noncredit, Nevada-style credit (I assume that this is the "normal" mode that other chips have), Nevada-style noncredit, Lottery-style credit, Semi-Euro credit, and Semi-Euro credit II. (Is that the sequel? ..because I heard that the first movie sucked! arrow Tongue Out)

Have you ever tried entering a country code other than US 37 to see how it affects these modes and bill acceptance?

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2009, 06:53:53 AM »

It's been about a year since I tinkered with that machine and the 1137, so my memory is hazy.  I know at least one of the other settings permitted it to just accept coins at one coin = one credit.  Beyond that, though, I'm not sure how much I tinkered with those settings (as my goal was to tokenize it to make it a penny machine).  I also had a tournament chip installed so the new owner could play in tournament mode or standard coin-in coin-out mode.

Finally, if I recall correctly, I was not able to select anything other than 37, at least using the set chip I had (I remember trying for kicks).  I don't know if different set chips enable different country codes?

StatFreak

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2009, 05:35:38 PM »

Thanks.  propeller  One of these days I'll have to experiment. stir the pot / get cooking  Bart Terminator/BORG  rotflmao rotflmao

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2009, 07:00:25 AM »

I just came across this in a different thread -- it was originally posted by Ozzy III on the old site, and offers some explanation of the different credit type settings:

Standard Euro Credit
Coins to game first then extra coins to credit

Euro Non Credit
Seems to be same as above

Nevada Style Credit
Max coin only and wins paid from hopper

Loto Style Credit
All coins to credit

Semi Euro Credit
Max coin only, wins to credit

Token Credit
Think it's an option when machine is tokenized, did not check as option does not show in setup {7}

Semi Euro II
Max coin then extra to credit

cheers

nilgaming
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2009, 07:12:29 AM »

thx !
 wave

StatFreak

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2009, 03:00:45 PM »

Good find. yes There seems to be a bit of duplication in the settings. Scratch Head 2

onesell

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2009, 07:09:13 AM »

Hi guys just been reading this so thought i would let you know how i do it and what i use.
1.   Turn Machine Off.

2.   Remove the GAME Board

3.   Locate and remove the SP (Game chip)

4.   Fit an SP1003

5.   Move the jumper just above the SP chip from E16 to E15 if needed

6.   Place the GAME  board back into the machine and Power ON

7.   Error code 61 appears, press and hold the test button to clear it the machine should start up

8.   Turn Machine Off.

9.   Remove the GAME Board

10.   Remove the SP (Game chip)

11.   Fit the SET 19 chip in place of the SP *ensure the grove is facing the correct way*

12.   Place the GAME  board back into the machine and Power ON

13.   With the door open press the test switch once which will take you into the Token Value Selection Menu :-
Winner Paid window shows ‘15’

14.   In credit window digit will be flashing. Press the Spin Reel button to scroll through numbers 0-9. Turn the reset key to alternate between the 2 digits to set the value required.
In this case 25

15.   Press the TEST switch repeatedly to scroll to the end of the menus to save the settings. A small chime should ring.

16.   Power down and remove the GAME board.

17.   Remove the SET chip and fit the SP1003 chip.

18.   Place GAME board back in the machine, and Power ON.

19.   Error code 61 appears, press and hold the test button to clear it.

20.   With the Door open press the test switch button 3 times to view the Credit Type Menu. In the Winner Paid window it should read ‘5     0’  we want this to read ‘ 5   7 (token
credit). To change this press the Spin Reels button, then repeatedly press the test button to scroll through the menus to save the settings.

21.   Close the door.

22.   Machine should now be Setup to give the player 25 credits per coin.

nilgaming
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2009, 08:47:32 AM »

thx !!!  applause

rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2009, 01:25:35 PM »

For the record euro-style credits allow you to feed the machine coins past the max bet, the extra coins go to credit.  On nevada style credits, the slot locks out any further coins and the diverter then dumps extra coins to the tray.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2009, 01:32:02 PM »

I really like the "euro-credit" option chip SP1137...
I just keep feeding the crap outta my S+ 'till I run outta coins
(It's an excellent way to test the coin comparitor)
and run the machine on "Auto-Pilot" for testing purposes...LOL
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2009, 07:43:28 PM »

I really like the "euro-credit" option chip SP1137...
I just keep feeding the crap outta my S+ 'till I run outta coins
(It's an excellent way to test the coin comparitor)
and run the machine on "Auto-Pilot" for testing purposes...LOL

That's whats nice about an S-2000, you can change it in the options menu.

Ron
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.