Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:55:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Olympic OA2 Help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Olympic OA2 Help  (Read 12702 times)
Mazwreck
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: September 12, 2009, 08:45:11 AM »

I have 3 Olympic machines that i just cant get going at all no matter what i try.

I have a few spare pcbs and also a few spare shell eproms for each machine but no matter what i try changing pcbs, roms anything i cant get one to boot past the Olympic boot screen. Power into each machine to pcb are fine and also i have replace the battery on each one.

Can anyone help me out at all with these machines? I do have a manaul for a OA2 (Thanks Ian) but its for a newer model machine and isnt the same as mine (Mine doesnt have a bill accpeter coin only and the logic cage is older). I will take a few pics of the inside of the cabinet and also PCB/IO Card.

On the PCB i have the numbers OA2 Logic Board DEC 23 1993. The PCB uses 12 eproms on the pcb which 6 of them are shell chips 2 of them are whats called hopper fonts and 4 for the game. On the IO Card it has one eprom.

I just hope someone might be able to give me a idea of what i can do/try next before i give up.
TZtech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 10:08:55 AM »

Hello Mazwreck.

Have been looking around but have not found ny additional info. Can you maybe post a picture of the boot screen and the error it displays. Unfortunately i have only worked on the newer model so dont really know where to start looking. On the newer model if you cant get past the boot screen it is a software issue or faulty processor board. Also on the newer model there is a wire coming from the power supply board to the processor (Not the power this is something like PSU watchdog i think) If this in not plugged in it will boot up into a red screen and just get stuck.

Another thing to bear in mind is that most of these machine came from OZ and NZ pubs and clubs. From my experiences these had to be connected to some kind of management system for the machine to be operational. All the Olympics that I have worked on have a dummy box that emulates whatever system they used to be connected to fool the machine into thinking that they are connected to a monitoring system. Although this does not cause the game to boot up it may be differnt for earlier version SW.

Lastly on the 6000 model there is an additional switch on the power switch box. This places the machine in power saver mode which also prevents it from booting up into the main game screen.

Hope any of this helps
Regards
Ian
Mazwreck

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 10:20:23 AM »

Hello,

Thanks for looking around for me Smiley

I will get some pics for you tororrow. Well that cable you talk about from power supply is plugged in. On one of them i can get it past the boot screen and all i get up is credits in the top right hand coner and at the bottom of the screens says 1993 Olympics Amusments ect ect and thats about it. Somtimes it will boot up past screen and other times it will just watch dog and keep resetting back to the Olympic boot screen. This machine did work fine (Well i was told it did) but after being in storge for awhile stopped working. On the game pcb i have a LED that goes out and somtimes will blink when i get that black screen with credits up and 1993 olympic ect up if that is any help? I think this model is before 5000 and 6000 series i think its the one just before that as this is a Non comms machines as in no communications ports.

Regards Matt
TZtech

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 06:04:04 PM »

Hello Mazwreck

Dont know if these guys will help but its woth a shot. They are the only sources i have been able to find so far for Olympic parts

www.indo.com.au
www.diamondtechgaming.com

Regards
Ian
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 06:07:11 PM »

TZtech, I gave you a K+ for all of the research that you did for Mazwreck.  applause

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 06:09:55 PM »

Me too! Great job TZ! applause
TZtech

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 10:25:04 AM »

Thanks for the karma gents applause

Pity these never made it to the states. They are actually very nice machines (Although i have only worked on the later model)

Mazwreck - Also try http://www.starburstgames.com.au/

Regards
Ian

nhuckle
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 10:56:10 PM »

Hi,

just acquired one and it is not working  Scratch Head and wanting to know where you got your manual and i could have a copy by any chance.

Thanks Hail
TZtech

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 01:22:00 PM »

Hi

Did you get the 4000 or 6000 model ? Post some pics if you  can.
Please PM me your contact details for manual.
nhuckle
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 09:07:46 PM »

here is a pic.

Thanks

* poke.jpg (87.77 KB, 480x640 - viewed 467 times.)
nhuckle
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 01:12:45 AM »

Need the manual to see if working and also where can i get parts from mainly this little pcb that slots onto the OA2 board.

Thanks for all your help.

* P9211586.JPG (146.73 KB, 640x480 - viewed 470 times.)
TZtech

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 03:33:47 AM »

Hello NChuckle

Manuals sent. Ok its 6000. Normally they would come with Entron monitors. Parts and info for these are even scarcer than for the machine. Its my understanding that any other cga monitor will also work but have not tried this.
You can try all the links i posted previously to see if they can assist.
That little PCB I have not seen before but from the connectors i would guess that its the interface board to whatever system this machine was hooked up to.
Once you source a monitor you should be able to fire it up without that PCB. You will probably get some kind of error message but it wont not starts because of that board.

Regards
Ian
nhuckle
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 06:29:48 AM »

Hi and thanks got manual yes

But do you have better copies on the circuit diagrams was hoping for labels for page 109 monitor wiring loom, need it to work out what wires go where and what for.

Thanks again
TZtech

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 07:19:58 PM »

Hi

Give me a day or 2. Theres is a hardcopy at my previous employer let me see if i can get it scanned.

Regards
Ian
nhuckle
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 09:29:58 PM »

thanks applause, not wanting to push but is it possible to get the other circuit/loom pages or not, if not no problem really need that monitor page.

Thanks again.
chemstar

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 11:55:57 AM »

i have a machine doing the same thing anyone know of how to bypass the link system? it goes past the boot up screen then straight to the credit and Olympic 1993 on screen. there is a cable that comes out of the back with the power cable. im assuming this is the link sys cable. it has a three pin socket
chemstar

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 10:08:34 PM »

Hi guys

first id like to thank maz for sending me the bin reset file

i want to post some pictures to see if anyone knows exact model and if there are any obvious faults.

also i rang Olympic in Australia and there was no answer  Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

* IMG_1572.JPG (81.69 KB, 306x408 - viewed 397 times.)

* IMG_1573.JPG (270.97 KB, 612x816 - viewed 433 times.)
chemstar

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 10:09:37 PM »

game board and the board below displaying AO

* IMG_1574.JPG (259.1 KB, 612x816 - viewed 483 times.)

* IMG_1575.JPG (225 KB, 612x816 - viewed 444 times.)
chemstar

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 10:14:37 PM »

i received the manual from tz tech a few months back only problem is that although very similar the reset proceedure for the game board wont work due to it being a diferent board and all the game chips in different locations and the micro switch to reset is also missing,

man these machines are a massive piece of crap give me an aristocrat any day! almost ashamed to have the made in Australia stamp on it  loser
Gaming1

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 09:34:38 PM »

You need clear chips
chemstar

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 10:01:03 PM »

Cheers already fixed

I received oa2 game board reset chips from a nlg user as well as I/O reset chip.

The game board reset chips are place in the eprom Symbols socket
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.