Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:52:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Other Reel Games
| | |-+  Need help with a Jubilee Supreme
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help with a Jubilee Supreme  (Read 15756 times)
Smokin
« on: September 28, 2009, 07:38:46 AM »

Hi All,
Its Smokin from Australia, i have just received a Jubilee Supreme made 11/01/1982 the Theme is Top Gear. All the lights wok when turned on but that's as far as it goes. When you switch it does make a sound. The area for cedits, reserve, play now however does not light up. All seems in tact. The red button for display does not do anything when press. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Smokin
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 03:02:28 AM »

Hi, Smokin' from Australia. I may be wrong, but I don't recall that kind of machine being mentioned here before - I think it's new to us. Can you post pictures, so that we can see if there's anything familiar about it?
Smokin
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 05:54:02 AM »

Hi Op-Bell, a couple of pics for you

* pokie 003.jpg (696.06 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 377 times.)

* pokie 002.jpg (704.12 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 335 times.)
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 08:26:31 AM »

Welcome to NLG smokin wave and K+ for posting those pictures. applause

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Smokin
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 08:56:19 AM »

Thanks Starfreak, have you seen this type of machine??
SMOKIN
StatFreak

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 09:24:34 AM »

Thanks Starfreak, have you seen this type of machine??
SMOKIN

No I haven't. It's always a treat to see something new.  yes

I would suggest posting detailed pictures of the inside. Our members will need as much information as possible to help you get your machine up and running. If anyone here can help you, it will probably be Op-Bell. propeller

You can post more than two pictures simply by posting consecutive replies.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Op-Bell

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 08:33:55 PM »

I may not be much help, I've never seen one of these, but always willing to do the research and learn. I thought it might be like an Aristocrat, but this is a pre-Aristocrat Jubilee. I imagine there's a huge dirty PCB inside covered in small chips and rotting batteries, and of course no schematics available online anywhere. Single coin, but pays on 3 lines? That's a first. But there's a meter for credits played last game, so it may take more than one credit per game even though it doesn't say so on the glass. I see tin reels, so probably not a stepper, but too wide to be mechanical.. Oh heck, I'll wait for a picture of the inside.

Smokin
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 06:56:30 AM »

Thanks Guys, couple more pics,  Hail

* pokies 006.jpg (652.58 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 369 times.)

* pokies 003.jpg (711.48 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 379 times.)
Smokin
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 06:59:28 AM »

some more

* pokies 004.jpg (680.88 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 334 times.)

* pokies 002.jpg (687.5 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 323 times.)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:25:40 AM by StatFreak » Logged
StatFreak

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 10:27:00 AM »

Smokin, you uploaded two of the pictures twice, so I removed the duplicates.

SF garfield
nlg Global Moderator

Op-Bell

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 01:45:15 PM »

I was wrong about the reels - they're both plastic and mechanical  Duh!   I see more than a passing resemblance to Bally E series. Smokin', my gut feeling is the problem is on that big green PCB, but that's like saying your car won't go because there's something wrong with the engine.
Smokin
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 08:10:05 AM »

Hi Guys, Pull the machine completely apart and replace some other globes. All lights now work including the insert coin, play now and reserve. The only light that do not work are the press to collect and credits. The green boatd does light up in red. In the second pic on the bottom left there is a plug that goes nowhere seems to be blanked off this does however cone fron the green board. When the machine is turn on and off it does make a sound. Does any one know of a manual that could be used for this machine??
Thanks in advance
Smokin
Smokin
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 12:32:09 AM »

Hi guys, sorry still new to all this, what else could I do to fix this machine?? Really would like some help.

Smokin
Op-Bell

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 12:46:32 AM »

I wish I could help you, but that machine is completely new to me. If it wasn't widely distributed in the US, there won't be any manuals floating around over here. Have you tried calling Jubilee in Sydney? They're part of Aristocrat now, but they're the red-headed step child and all their business is refurbishing old games. The guys in the Jubilee division are enthusiasts and I'm sure they'll help you if they can.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 02:06:40 AM »

Holy crap! Those are big caps!
They should almost be on my telephone pole!
Please, don't you ever put your hands back there when the power is on...
the shock from those things will throw you out the window!

* pokies 006.jpg (16.18 KB, 350x262 - viewed 1006 times.)
tye3333
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 07:30:36 AM »

hi mate, i just done one of these systems, do you still need help ?
Smokin
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 09:07:32 PM »

hi, help would be great still can't get thrlights  for insert now play or press to reserve, that whole part does not work.
Any help would be great
tye3333
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 11:22:54 PM »

ok then, dose the game boot and run? and if so dose the display work ? (credit meter and win meter)
Smokin
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 12:03:49 AM »

The only things that work are the lights and when it is turned on the 3 lights (play now, reserve, insert coin) on the display board light up and then they go off. Same as when you turn the machine off the 3 lights go on for a second and it makes a noise then turns off. The credit and win meter do not work at all. As far as I can tell the machine does not boot up!!

tye3333
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 01:26:47 AM »

ok the problem i was having was that it would not boot, it would just sit beep with the 3 lights on. after about half hour it would boot and say "ram corrupted".  i though for so long it was a problem with the main PCB but it was ALL the power supply.  first was the largest cap on the power supply PCB was goon but still looked good.  the other thing was that power supply has a 5v lock out, it will hold the reset on the main PCB high untill 5V settels.  the resistance was to high so it would not drop reset to low so to over come this i just joind pins 1 and 2. (plug pins).
i'll try and get some pics up of the work i done if you need it.  if it come it with ram corrupted you need to turn the auld key once then push collect, resets the ram and away you go.
Smokin
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 02:11:21 AM »

Thanks, pics would be great, ,mine will only beep when turning it off. Where is the auld key?
tye3333
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 06:23:14 AM »

Ok so you can’t really see the work I have done but, on my power supply a fue mods have been made and they look pro, I would say jubilee made the mods or released a service bulletin, to see if your PCB has the mods there should be 4 resistors on the back of the PCB and about 7 missing components missing on the front , if you are missing the mods we will have to work on that first (or it could be your model is different and we might not have to worry).  So the first thing to do would test D1 to D7 and REG2 (this is a 5V regulator for the 2 IC’s on the PCB) with a multi meter, I found that D7 and REG2 was bad. Test C1 and mine was bad as you can see i replaced it.  The schematic i attached accounts from most of the other parts that detects an unstable 5v.  Here are the 2 Data sheets your need, HEF4528BP: http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/philips/HEF4528BF.pdf  74C14: http://pdf1.alldatasheet.co.kr/datasheet-pdf/view/53706/FAIRCHILD/74C14.html
The problem I had was R8 (that is a part of the mod) was to high resistance so I just closed pin 1 and 2.  After this everything worked fine.  If you can’t test anything try replacing parts in this order – join pin 1 and 2 or jump R8 mod –test- REG2, D7 and C1 –test- C6, IC2, IC3 and Q2 –test-
Good luck, If you need more help just ask.  garfield

* PS.jpg (48.54 KB, 693x482 - viewed 352 times.)

* PS2.jpg (30.19 KB, 470x365 - viewed 336 times.)
Smokin
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2009, 05:12:50 AM »

Thanks for this could you tell where the auld key on the machine
tye3333
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2009, 08:16:24 AM »

Thanks for this could you tell where the auld key on the machine

hi mate, the adult key switch is on the left side near top and jackpot reset key on the right side near the top.  if you dont have to key you can just take out the key switch and replace it with a on/off switch.  i think i can see the wires for the reset switch above the power syply (in the crom reflection).

How you going with it any way?
Smokin
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2009, 02:18:37 AM »

Hi, yea its not going the best, cant find any keys anywhere
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.