Sircoma IGT A brief History

(1/2) > >>

Thor777:
victory

Sircoma IGT A brief History
« on: August 26, 2005, 07:22:35 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thought I would start this one off with a brief history on Sircoma video poker machines. Founded in the late 70's by William "Si" Redd who started the SI Redd Coin op cOMpAmy. See the caps? thus SIRCOMA. Si tried to get his machine to fly with Bally, however Bally just didn't see a future in Video poker and scraped the project ( some of the first Sircomas actually have Bally boards in them (late 70' to early 80's). Si went on to form his own company and called it IGT...WoW! If Bally only knew then what it knows now...the story of my life. Si passed away just a few years ago (2003). I have high hopes that this forum will help some  collectors like myself to restore these awsome pieces of history. Happy Trails to you....Victory 

Thor777:
Ron

Re: Sircoma IGT A brief History
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 01:37:09 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any idea where I can get manuals/schematics on
a Sarcoma SG-202 video poker machine?

Ron
morris@jps.net

Thor777:
belbenchtech
NLG Member

Belbenchtechs Repair Logs.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 03:23:29 PM »   

Ron,
Have you looked at belbenchtech repair logs...under IGT Fortune I Boards...a Sircoma is the predecessor of the Fortune I...I believe the MPU boards are twins, correct me if I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time...)  :25-
Admittedly, the Fortune I schematics aren't the best quality, I guess you can't expect too much from a copy of a copy of a copy...

Hope it's of some help.

Mike><>

Thor777:
BuddmanTx

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 12:17:54 AM »   

Hey there,
    I am not sure about the sg pokers however the sg kenos had as many as 4 full sized boards in them which are diffenatly different form fortune 1. Where  the main board located is the key....over the monitor it will be the same as fortune 1 with maybe a few exceptions. if there are 2 to 4 boards in a cage along side the hopper they are not the same as fortune 1..I do have a complete unmolested manuel for fortune 1 games, and i believe it has main processor board as well as io board sechmatics in it. let me know if i can be of assistence. About 80% of failures I have seen over the years with SG games was power supply related.
BuddmanTx

Quote from: belbenchtech on November 21, 2005, 03:23:29 PM
Ron,
Have you looked at belbenchtech repair logs...under IGT Fortune I Boards...a Sircoma is the predecessor of the Fortune I...I believe the MPU boards are twins, correct me if I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time...)
Admittedly, the Fortune I schematics aren't the best quality, I guess you can't expect too much from a copy of a copy of a copy...

Hope it's of some help.

Mike><>

Op-Bell:

Thought I would start this one off with a brief history on Sircoma video poker machines. Founded in the late 70's by William "Si" Redd who started the SI Redd Coin op cOMpAmy. See the caps? thus SIRCOMA. Si tried to get his machine to fly with Bally, however Bally just didn't see a future in Video poker and scraped the project ( some of the first Sircomas actually have Bally boards in them (late 70' to early 80's). Si went on to form his own company and called it IGT...WoW! If Bally only knew then what it knows now...the story of my life. Si passed away just a few years ago (2003). I have high hopes that this forum will help some  collectors like myself to restore these awsome pieces of history.

Actually the history is a bit more complicated than that. I think this was the first modern poker machine, in that it was the first to deal and draw from a single 52 card deck and pay off automatically (1967 Dale Pokermatic). The microprocessor hadn't been invented in 1967, nor had the first video game (Pong), so it would have been too complicated to use a video monitor even if it had crossed Dale's mind, which it probably didn't. Si Redd at the time was running Bally Distribution Co, the main sales outlet for Bally in Nevada, and making a freakin' fortune at it. He used the money to start buying up small gaming companies, like Raven Electronics in 1971. Dale wouldn't sell, though, so he did the next best thing and bought Dale's design engineers, who produced the Bally Computer Poker in the early 1970s. Note the external resemblance, though internally the Bally Distribution design is way different from the Dale.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page