Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:03:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Jukeboxs
| | |-+  Homemade MP3 Jukebox
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Homemade MP3 Jukebox  (Read 38431 times)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 05:31:27 PM »

Well you better get your honey to be the camerawoman and
let's see this game in action! yes smiley drool obsessed drool
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 10:48:26 PM »

Well you better get your honey to be the camerawoman and
let's see this game in action! yes smiley drool obsessed drool

Agree with Post  Tim, what he ^^ said.

Dan, Tim and Paladin, it's inspiring to read about creative projects like these. You guys make me wish that I had more fingers and fewer thumbs.  Hail Hail

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Thor777
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 415

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2009, 02:33:36 AM »

Dan-

K+ and thanks for the info in this thread -- I bought two of them ($80 + $18 shipping).  I just looked and as of the time of this post, there are 42 remaining from that vendor -- just an FYI to anyone who is interested but hasn't pulled the trigger yet.  (If you add the item to your "watch" list, the quantity available will show up in your "My eBay" summary page.)

I just bought 2 of them and now there are only 2 left!   yes

Boy do I have some ideas for these baby's  yes This will definitely give me something to do over the winter...  Now I have to start researching touch screen software and see just what my limitations are (or not!)  propeller
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 12:32:39 PM by Thor777 » Logged

My CAT is smarter than your honor student  !!!
Abe Froman
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2009, 02:23:27 AM »

did the touchscreen you bought off Ebay come with the drivers ?

Hello Tim!

Can someone help me here - I bought two of these screens and I've tried a bunch of the drivers but with both screens the cursor is backwards !!!  move your finger right, the cursor moves left....same with up and down...cant figure it out..

any help would be....well....very...uhh....helpful  !

cheers
That's one reason these screens are such a good deal - they are a big name brand - ELO - not some off brand chinese thing.  You can download the drivers right from ELO's webpage http://elotouch.com/support/Downloads/dnld.asp.  Also they are USB and the power supply is built in - so no walwart kind of thing...

ALSO - these monitors do not come with any cables - so you will need 3 - the 15 pin male to male VGA cable, the USB cable and a standard 3 pin computer/slot power cable.  I work in IT so I had all of these cables laying around...lol.

Dan #2
Abe Froman
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2009, 02:24:16 AM »

Can someone help me here - I bought two of these screens and I've tried a bunch of the drivers but with both screens the cursor is backwards !!!  move your finger right, the cursor moves left....same with up and down...cant figure it out..

Paladin
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 63

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2009, 02:38:10 AM »

Are up and down reversed as well?  Perhaps the touch screen panel has been placed on the monitor upside down.  Did you run the calibration?
Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2009, 01:34:16 PM »

I agree, I bought 4 of the ELO screens and one of them gave me a bit of a problem like yours...  I ended up running the initial calabration 3 times to clean it up, also if you switch the same computer between screens you will most likely have to run it again as the calibration is specific to each screen.

DID THIS HELP?  (yes) (no)  <click here

channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2009, 01:45:59 PM »

I agree, I bought 4 of the ELO screens and one of them gave me a bit of a problem like yours...  I ended up running the initial calabration 3 times to clean it up, also if you switch the same computer between screens you will most likely have to run it again as the calibration is specific to each screen.

Fixed!

Cheesy

In all seriousness... anyone know of an easy to use DOS based MP3 player that will work with a touchscreen? I have an extra Megatouch XL cabinet with a touch screen monitor and I can pull off the touchscreen drivers from the other Megatouch system's hard drive.

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2009, 02:02:59 PM »

I agree, I bought 4 of the ELO screens and one of them gave me a bit of a problem like yours...  I ended up running the initial calibration 3 times to clean it up, also if you switch the same computer between screens you will most likely have to run it again as the calibration is specific to each screen.

Fixed!

Cheesy

anyone know of an easy to use DOS based MP3 player that will work with a touchscreen? I have an extra Megatouch XL cabinet with a touch screen monitor and I can pull off the touchscreen drivers from the other Megatouch system's hard drive.

I know that there are ELO DOS drivers out there for these screens but the MP3 DOS player I will have to research, actually I have to test DAMP v0.97 WIP 8,  which can be found at : http://www.damp-mp3.co.uk/

Front end for this is at :  http://www.jukebox.btinternet.co.uk/

This might work.
   If anyone can help I am also very interested in finding a decent DOS based player.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 02:14:24 PM by Thor777 » Logged

knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2009, 01:33:04 AM »

I had the exact same problem -- simple solution, though:

I restarted my computer and after the Windows XP log-in screen (depending on your setup), the touchscreen did start working.  However, it was backwards!  If I clicked in the lower left corner for the Start button, the mouse moved to the upper-right corner, and vice versa.  I plugged the mouse back in and was able to use the ELO icon that got added to the tray to get to the "Align" feature.  Once I followed the alignment procedure, all was right with the screen!

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
paul
paul
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2009, 12:11:20 AM »

Dan do  you know how i could get the touch screen to work on a CDS machine I installed one in a bandit machine and game comes up great But the touch screen dont work. I installed the monitor on my computer and everything works great touch screen and all. put it back in slot screen works great but no touch screen. Scratch Head
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.