Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:13:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  16Mhz board to 10Mhz board
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 16Mhz board to 10Mhz board  (Read 4406 times)
HOGCAT
« on: November 20, 2009, 12:32:01 PM »

Can you take a 16Mhz board from a machine and put a 10Mhz board in it and use the game and reel eproms from a 16Mhz board in the 10Mhz board???? Scratch Head
cp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 12:57:35 PM »

The Reel eprom  can be used...but you will have to get a different (SP) Game  eprom... suggest   1271 or ? depending on the kit installed in your slot machine.
HOGCAT
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 02:10:11 PM »

Its a RED WHITE & BLUE 3 line 25c machine
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 02:32:44 PM »

Hogcat,
What SS and SP chips are running your game?
You can go to this link to get help in finding out what your chips are>>>

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm
HOGCAT
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 11:24:12 AM »

I will try and post what SS & SP chips are in my RW&B machine today.  But I read a bunch of info on the different chips for S-Plus games.  It seems by reading that it does not matter if the board is a 10Mhz or 16Mhz.  Would it damage anything if I took the game and reel chips off the 16 board, put them on a 10 board and put it in my RW&B machine???

Here are the numbers on the chips.

The game chip says.....
                                 16Mhz,   SP1272     0/1/4/5

The reel chip says
                                  RWB  3-line         SS3501

So will the 10Mhz board work if I get a different game chip???  And who has the chip I need????
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 11:40:04 AM by HOGCAT » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 12:24:12 PM »

Any chip designed for the 10Mhz boards may work on a 16MHz board.
The SP chips designed for 16Mhz boards may not work on a 10MHz board.
The SS chips designed for 16MHz boards may work on a 10MHz board but everything will act slower.
Think of this whole thing in speeds...IGT designed the later 16MHz boards to speed up things.
Throwing "faster" chips in a slower board" makes things act funny,
...it won't hurt anything, but won't work right either...
It is highly recommended to get compatible boards and chips.
The boards are fairly cheap on the market at the moment...get spare boards for both MHz's! yes
HOGCAT
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 02:33:16 PM »

Well I put both the game and reel chip from the 16Mhz board on a 10Mhz board and cleared the board of memory with a clear chip first.  It works fine except when I try to put a dollar in the "insert coin" light blinks off 4 times real fast every second while the dollar bill is in the validator and spits out the bill after a few seconds.      Scratch Head   

The main reason for all this in the first place was I spent almost a hour on the phone talking to a guy who knows the S-Plus machines and he seemed to think the 16Mhz board was bad cause it would not accept bills, even with the light saying it was ready for bills.  And the validator and transport is a known good system.                     
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 02:58:54 PM »

Did you try a one dollar bill?
If it still doesn't work I'd do a complete clear and SET to re-enable the DBV and try a one dollar bill again.
You can only do this if you have the correct SET chip and a 123 CLEAR chip which you can get from Ben Fannini ,for example.
OR
Get check the bill transport carrier in the DBV and see if there's something in there that's making the bills spit back out.
Like I said earlier, things act funny if you're putting chips onto a board when it's designed for something else.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 08:08:05 PM »

Just to clarify, if the SS chip is fast enough to run on your 16MHz board, it will have no issues in the 10MHz board. The SP chip is another story. You will want to replace it with a proper 10MHz chip. SP1271 is the replacement, and it's probably the most common chip in use by our members.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 08:39:57 PM »

Well I put both the game and reel chip from the 16Mhz board on a 10Mhz board and cleared the board of memory with a clear chip first.  It works fine except when I try to put a dollar in the "insert coin" light blinks off 4 times real fast every second while the dollar bill is in the validator and spits out the bill after a few seconds.      Scratch Head   

The main reason for all this in the first place was I spent almost a hour on the phone talking to a guy who knows the S-Plus machines and he seemed to think the 16Mhz board was bad cause it would not accept bills, even with the light saying it was ready for bills.  And the validator and transport is a known good system.                     

I am the one that spoke with you. Since your machine displays the 9-1 it would seem that your machine should recognize the DBV.  We set the IDO on a DBV 200 from 22 to 23 which did not make a difference. We also  checked a lot of other settings on the machine which didn't make a difference. Since the DBV has been pulled out and reinstalled several times with the power on I believe that the machine is not really recognizing the DBV. That being the reason I suggested running a good know working set chip through it. Once that is done then and it still does not recognize the bills since the machine is correctly set up, then I believe that your software update you had done at another vendor is not correct.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 12:10:01 AM »

Excellent prognosis Ohio!!! applause
I love your insights on stuff like this...!
Please keep up the excellent work! yes
OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 12:21:18 AM »

Thanks Mark .. Ken
HOGCAT
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 12:37:47 AM »

Ken, just sent ya a PM!!!
                            GARY
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.