Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:44:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  DIY Slot Machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DIY Slot Machine  (Read 5525 times)
rumjar86
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 19, 2014, 10:39:58 PM »

Hey guys... I have ben [playing with the idea of building my own slot machine from bits and pieces such as a coin mech, a I.Pac usb interface and a Mini ITX motherboard. Now all I am thinking about is the software/OS to run it. I would love one of the newer looking type game would be great but happy with what ever I could find, Free would be even better. I have played with the AllJ slots software but don't want to pay $400 bucks for the software if I can build something simple. Thanks for any help guys
Josh
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 11:39:07 PM »

Just use one of those packaged slot software games for the PC.  Masque sells IGT and some bally slots simulations and Phantom FX sells the wms kind.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
rumjar86

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 12:47:38 AM »

would you think a MAME setup ?
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 02:15:43 AM »

mame has limited slot support other than Players Edge games.  If you want the modern video slots, those programs are the way to go, they are like $20 and have well over 15 games each.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
rumjar86

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 02:44:43 AM »

do they have the hopper or payout support cause I would either payout coin tokens or printout token ect
dcpyatt
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 6

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 10:29:11 AM »

No they don't, but if I understand correctly there is an interface for the Player's Edge under MAME emulation.

I am actually in the process of writing a few of my own video poker and slot programs, but the project has been on hold... I will keep you up to date as it progresses... I will have multi-machine player's tracking and coin support.

DaveP in Ohio
rumjar86

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 06:21:45 PM »

Thanks for that Dave. that would be much appreciated.
Josh
JR73

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 01:47:24 PM »

I am also interested in doing this but just haven't had the time. There is a program called MAME Hooker that might help you out with this. Somehow it allows you to trace the signal for different features. I have heard of other members using this program to make their own video poker machines. Good luck with your project !
rumjar86

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 04:54:24 PM »

Hey JR73 thanks for that didn't hear about that. would you think I could use the Hooker to interface with my topper? try and get the scrolling LED sign to work..
rumjar86

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 06:13:56 PM »

on a bit of a side note. does anyone know of a usb or serial/parallel controller that would work with the polygon LED sign in IGT toppers?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.