Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:31:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Slot kit swap problem. s2000 Hundred or nothing
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slot kit swap problem. s2000 Hundred or nothing  (Read 5332 times)
U.S.AutoService
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1470

Wild thing !

« on: December 07, 2009, 10:21:20 PM »

Got a new slot kit in today, had a working machine with a few credits on it.  Took off the reel strips and change a few burn out bulbs.  Put on the new reel strips and played a few times with the old chip set in. Everything worked fine.  Cashed out and pulled the board and looked at the chips, only had to change the 2 GME chips and the stepper base, the others were the same.  So I changed the GMS chips and used a 97 ram clear and waited for the 2 amber lights, they came on and I powered down and put in the stepper base in (of course with the notch in the right direction) and slid the board back in and left the door open and all I get is a dimming of the reel lights and a slight buzz/humm then the reel lights blink on and off slowly (dim)  Nothing  else happens, NO checking memory, no bill acceptor power up , nothing...  Put all my old chips back in and did a ram clear 97 and when I put my original stepper base back in I get the same thing, buzz/humm, blinking reel lights... no alarm ......     Didn't rush anything, expected a normal game swap.

one thing I did notice , the Stepper base chip seemed heavy and not original, so was the version chip.  They are brown, not black like IGTS original

what did I do wrong ?   Help

waving flag U.S.Auto Service
     Dan
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 11:53:38 PM by usautoservice » Logged

waving flag  U.S.Auto Service
      Dan
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 10:28:11 PM »

Nothing...what speed is your chips...they sound "slow".
Put the other back in and see if the problem's still with the board...
if not, then it's the chips.
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 12:24:59 AM »

Got a new slot kit in today, had a working machine with a few credits on it.  Took off the reel strips and change a few burn out bulbs.  Put on the new reel strips and played a few times with the old chip set in. Everything worked fine.  Cashed out and pulled the board and looked at the chips, only had to change the 2 GME chips and the stepper base, the others were the same.  So I changed the GMS chips and used a 97 ram clear and waited for the 2 amber lights, they came on and I powered down and put in the stepper base in (of course with the notch in the right direction) and slid the board back in and left the door open and all I get is a dimming of the reel lights and a slight buzz/humm then the reel lights blink on and off slowly (dim)  Nothing  else happens, NO checking memory, no bill acceptor power up , nothing...  Put all my old chips back in and did a ram clear 97 and when I put my original stepper base back in I get the same thing, buzz/humm, blinking reel lights... no alarm ......     Didn't rush anything, expected a normal game swap.

one thing I did notice , the Stepper base chip seemed heavy and not original, so was the version chip.  They are brown, not black like IGTS original

what did I do wrong ?   Help

waving flag U.S.Auto Service
     Dan

I KNOW this sounds "stupid" but check the power supply and make sure it's FULLY seated in it's socket (behind the reels)

Kirk

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 02:55:18 AM »

what did I do wrong ?

1) You changed the GME's (it has been stated several times as reply's to your other post you don't need to do)

2) You ran a Clear 97 Chip, WHY? you had a working machine configured the way you wanted it, Clear Chips are extremely over used here

Just change the SB Chip, clear error codes, install the strips and glass and play the game, now I would look for bent pins on the CPU Board Edge connector if doing the suggestions the other 2 members above stated doesn't help

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
U.S.AutoService
Contributing NLG Member

Wild thing !

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 04:05:55 PM »

UPDATE: today I took a second look and found I made a stupid beginner mistake, maybe two of them.  The big one is I put the GME chips in the wrong places..  I put GME1 in GME2 slot and vise versa.  I did find a slightly off center leg pin on one of the GMS chips, but not sure when that happened.  

So I have it up and running..  

All the replys were helpful

waving flag  U.S.Auto Service
   Dan
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 08:57:17 PM by usautoservice » Logged

Dan
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 05:15:34 PM »

I KNEW something was wrong with your chips!!!!!  rotflmao
thanks for verifying that usautoservice!
U.S.AutoService
Contributing NLG Member

Wild thing !

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 10:15:50 PM »

Just a little info on this game (hundred or nothing).  When I went to set the game up I was able to select a game that had 99.03 percentage.
  I thought was really high.   I played a few dozen times and won the jackpot 3 times...   Another side note, I have a Wild Thing sound card in it,
and it is really funny to hear it play wild thing ..  Did this game have a sound card of it's own ?

waving flag    U.S.Auto Service
     Dan

Dan
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 10:25:04 PM »

Just a little info on this game (hundred or nothing).  When I went to set the game up I was able to select a game that had 99.03 percentage.
  I thought was really high.   I played a few dozen times and won the jackpot 3 times...   Another side note, I have a Wild Thing sound card in it,
and it is really funny to hear it play wild thing ..  Did this game have a sound card of it's own ?

waving flag    U.S.Auto Service
     Dan

Probably just worked with the standard DSV00042 SIMM, I don't have a list handy right now. If someone esle does not confirm for you, I will try to find the list later on the other computer.

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 10:30:23 PM »

DSV00023 according to my list is 100 or nothing.   Thanks B.
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 10:34:27 PM »

DSV00023 according to my list is 100 or nothing.   Thanks B.

Thanks, K+ for answering so that I don't have to look for the list!

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
U.S.AutoService
Contributing NLG Member

Wild thing !

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 10:39:24 PM »

Wow , that's a fast answer . Is a DSV00023 a generic simm or might it have special sounds for the hundred or nothing slot ?

thank you  Hail

waving flag      U.S.Auto Service
     Dan

Dan
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 10:41:50 PM »

From the looks of Barry's post -
I'd say it's sound card specifically tailored for your enjoyment of your machine! yes
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 10:42:43 PM »

Well,  I would say it probably has diff. sounds as it is categorized as a themed simm.  The 42 is the generic simm of preference.  Maybey someone here has one (game) that they can shoot some audio/veido of it in action-Joey-- stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking.  B.
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 02:29:31 AM »

Here's one

* NLGPICS 005.jpg (199 KB, 640x480 - viewed 239 times.)

* NLGPICS 004.jpg (196.49 KB, 640x480 - viewed 245 times.)

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.