Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 04:08:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  Bill Validator Question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill Validator Question  (Read 7636 times)
sputterbutt
« on: December 11, 2009, 01:40:25 AM »

Newbie here - Just got my (first) machine.

It's a double five times pay machine that currently takes quarters but does not have a bill validator.  It looks like it has been removed as the front has a plate where the bezel would go.

How do I determine which validator I would need?  I read here somewhere that I'd need a chip or something to activate it but I'm completely in the dark.

The plug in the back of the shuttle thing doesn't seem to have a home either - just terminates as a plug.  Is this where a power supply would go?

Any gurus out there?

* DSCF3355.jpg (584.01 KB, 2136x2848 - viewed 292 times.)
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 01:45:51 AM »

Is this an S-plus or an S2000?

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 02:11:24 AM »

It's an IGT machine for sure...
It may be an S+, but I don't recognize the DBV connector though...
I see an orange 3rd reel sticker... Sherlock Smiley
The real kicker is this though...there's money in the cash can!!!!! Cry Laughing

American money toooo!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 03:04:32 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 02:19:24 AM »

See that little brass colored handle on the right?
Pull it up and grab the handle on the cash can and watch all the money fall out!!! Crazy

* Cash Can.jpg (40.08 KB, 262x350 - viewed 681 times.)
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 02:22:29 AM »

The real kicker is this though...there's money in the cash can!!!!!

LOL...I wonder if it came this way...or maybe he is just hiding money from his wife !!!  Cry Laughing

How do I determine which validator I would need?  I read here somewhere that I'd need a chip or something to activate it but I'm completely in the dark.

This is an S2000...you don't need a special chip.  Just pick up an UPDATED WBA 12 or WBA 13 off of Ebay and throw it in there.  Turn it on, get an error, open and close the door one time and your good to go.  In the rare instance it does not start up, then go to the menu under I/O test and do a NetPlex config and then it will start up.  Easy Peasy.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 02:56:20 AM »

Looks to be an S-Plus.   The connector in the picture is a WBA 10/11, although the harness could be upgraded to a WBA12/13.  This would give you 4 way bill acceptance.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 03:14:11 AM »

That machine is a S Plus, and has the plug for a WBA-10/11, and S Plus used orange decals on the reels as well as S-2000, pics below, and to the original Poster, we can hook u up with a working BV and Beak as well as a Set Chip to activate the BV if needed, the WBA-10/11 will only go up to the New $10 and only accepts it one way, but that is a limitation to the S+ anyway, the shelf tells that it is a S+

* NLGPICS 007.jpg (109.97 KB, 640x480 - viewed 229 times.)

* NLGPICS 008.jpg (131.35 KB, 640x480 - viewed 232 times.)

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 03:14:48 AM »

Looks to be an S-Plus.   The connector in the picture is a WBA 10/11, although the harness could be upgraded to a WBA12/13.  This would give you 4 way bill acceptance.

Thanks,
Wayne

Damn you Wayne, you are quicker to the post!

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 03:29:45 AM »

Jim,
   You were too busy offering great deals on iGame sets.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 12:58:26 PM »

I like the bill acceptors as a person could add credits fast and play them out. But some who sell think that they are a PITA to have from a legal and operational standpoint and so remove them before the sale...........

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 01:43:13 PM »

The Question of the Day...how much money was in the cash box? 

I'll bet he has enough to buy a bill acceptor, set chip and a couple of game kits too!  rotflmao
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 02:55:44 PM »

If you find it.............well...........you should send it back. But send it to Stout first so he can inspect it!!!

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 05:28:03 PM »

If you find it.............well...........you should send it back. But send it to Stout first so he can inspect it!!!

rotflmao bust gut laughing
sputterbutt
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 10:23:12 PM »

Thanks for the replies and advice - I think I need a WBA 10/11 head, a transport, power supply and a bezel. 

That's real American money alright - I'm using the machine as a sort of glorified piggy bank (or until I feed it enough to afford some other machines..).

Do I need any programming knowledge/insight for installation of the bill validator or just the standard hammer and crowbar?

* DSCF3358.jpg (49.54 KB, 640x480 - viewed 259 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 10:50:46 PM »

See all those little white plugs....
They are all different sizes so we can't stick a square peg in a round hole.
When your DBV comes in, shove it in the slot, and plug it all up.
The SET chip will be a different story but I'm sure we can help ya when it comes in!
Explain to a vendor what you need and show them pictures of your slot and
plugs and I'm 100% confident they will know exactly what you need!
There are tons of vendors listed with their advertisements/phone numbers right on the top of this page!
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 12:16:32 AM »

Would this be the time to ask how much money, time, and effort it would take for him to upgrade to a WBA12/13?  stir the pot / get cooking  Just a thought... 

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 12:21:26 AM »

Blueridge made a good suggestion similar to yours Stat... yes
I think he's just waiting for a PM from Sputter. Scratch Head 2
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.