Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:27:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally S5500 Bill Validator Control Problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally S5500 Bill Validator Control Problem  (Read 3527 times)
jimsjunkie
« on: December 27, 2009, 07:02:03 PM »

I have two machines, one is a two coin Rich and Famous and the other is a three coin California Dreamin.  The three coin machine stopped working.  I believe it's the power supply.  It has a BV that had been disconnected and the wiring removed.  I tried the MPU board in the Rich and Famous machine and it ran fine.  So I moved the reels and the glass to this machine to make it the California Dreamin machine because it had a working BV.  The problem is, the BV will not work with this MPU board.  I've set both boards side by side and they seem to be identical.  The switches at position 5 & 6 are set correctly. The two coin MPU board still works the BV but the three coin will not.  I read a post about replacing the chip at U34 so I swapped that chip in both boards and then even the two coin board would not work the BV so I swapped them back.  I notice that the two coin board that works the BV has three red leds lit inside the opening of the BV and the other one only lights the two outer ones.  The bill validator is the DBV-145.  U3 & U4 are SE9A and U12 & U15 are ME90.  Both boards are AS-3356-201.  It's got be something simple but I can't find it.  Someone tell me what it is.
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 11:45:37 PM »

On a 5500 when you swap boards in machines you need to do a reset for the validator to work. If the reset button doesn't work you may have to do a ram clear.

jimsjunkie
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 12:30:18 AM »

I've done the reset and the ram clear using the jumper method.  I think I'm going to have to break down and buy the chips to do a complete Saferam Clear.  Jim
jimsjunkie
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 12:40:34 PM »

A correction and update to my initial post.  I do have three red leds in the BV with both boards.  It was suggested I move the personality chips, U18 and U20 from the board with the working BV to the board I want to use.  I tried that and even did a Saferam Clear again before testing and the result was the BV still did not work and the board was changed from a three coin to a two coin board.  So I changed the chips back.  I'm still open to more suggestions.  Jim
jimsjunkie
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 07:57:11 PM »

I went the wrong way last time.  This time I moved the U18 and U20 chips from the California Dreamin MPU board to the Rich and Famous MPU board and everything works as it should.  I now have a fully functional three coin California Dreamin machine with a working Bill Validator.  Something on the board controls the Bill Validator and something in those two chips controls the game and number of coins.  I knew I'd figure it out, I just didn't know when.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.