Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:20:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Game King identification
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game King identification  (Read 20185 times)
sfrench
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 11:54:22 AM »

Make sure there's no bent pins on the connector that goes to the back plane also check to make sure there are also no bent pins on any chips. also check the voltage on the 2 batteries on the board. if that doesn't fix your problem i would clear the machine with a key 22
mgobyman
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2010, 08:33:08 PM »

It locked up because someone hit the cash out (after telling them three times NOT TO) :')

Hopper test was sat ask it to dispense 10 and it did!
mgobyman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2010, 08:42:50 PM »

Checked all pin connections on both boards. Reset EPROMs to ensure contact (All good)

Noticed the lights on the DBV were not green, however, it did pass the function test! and recognized the values

Looking for my multimeter to check the HUB battery..  Will post results later...  The reset chip i believe is the Keychip17????
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2010, 09:55:31 PM »

It locked up because someone hit the cash out (after telling them three times NOT TO)

That would have been good information for you to have provided about 25 messages earlier in this thread.

Hopper test was sat ask it to dispense 10 and it did!

It correctly counted up on the screen as each coin came out of the hopper, and the hopper stopped turning as soon as the 10th coin came out?

When you close the door, can you hear the hopper turning and trying to spit out coins to finish the cash out?  Your game will remain 'locked up' until it completes the cash out and pays out all of the remaining balance of the credits on the credit meter.  Until it does that, you won't be able to play any games, insert bills, or do any player initiated actions.

A clear chip will eliminate the credits, but you will have to reconfigure everything about your machine.  It's not something for a novice to do, and should be a last resort.  If the machine is trying to pay out the remaining credits, your easiest and best bet is to just keep recycling coins into the hopper until it has finished paying out.

After that, you may want to consider pulling the cash out switch out of the button from inside the machine, to prevent future accidental cashouts.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
mgobyman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2010, 11:22:18 PM »

Absolutely familiar with recycle the payout till all is paid.  At this point the hopper is not cycling for the payoff. The system is locked up for some reason other then the cashout payoff!  I know it seem as if this was the error.  I'm knowledgeable of the recycle game.  i will remove the buttons now, 2nd time this has happened.  This machine is having another type of problem other then that (So i assume)  Thank you for the continued support.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 02:44:51 PM by mgobyman » Logged
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2010, 08:21:16 PM »

Am I correct that the machine spit out $37.75 in quarters before it locked up?  What caused it to stop at $37.75?

Can you confirm that it did count up to 10 coins in the hopper test and stopped as soon as it spit out the 10th coin?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2010, 08:54:14 PM »

I would perform a clear.  Do you have a clear chip?

w

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
mgobyman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2010, 05:47:07 PM »

Knagl,
 Yes you are correct it locked up...I opened the door knowing the hopper would not have enough quarters in it.  It locked up from there

Forgot how to find the hopper test (feel like an idiot now :')

a69mopar,
I do not have a clear chip
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2010, 06:48:22 PM »

I could be wrong with this but the normal thing to do is just
throw some more quarters into the hopper, close the door
and it will attempt to pay off the credits on the display?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2010, 06:58:57 PM »

Mark It should say hopper empty on the screen  much like your 3300 on a S+   You know that's a idea Chris make sure the hopper is plugged in all the way!!

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2010, 07:07:34 PM »

Betcha he pushed a pin out of the hopper connector somehow.
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2010, 11:01:52 PM »

The lack of a hopper empty or hopper error message makes me think there is a logic error.  If you're going to get a clear chip, you might as well just get an all in one chip instead.

w
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 11:22:40 PM by a69mopar » Logged

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
mgobyman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2010, 11:03:42 PM »

I checked it once, will check again.

Pins were good all is well..

DBV test again (Good)

When i mess with the DBV and turn it on, the options on the bottom of the screen pop up for a fraction of a second (More games/Speed)

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 12:01:12 AM by mgobyman » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.