Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:35:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Changing Belly Glass in an 809
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Changing Belly Glass in an 809  (Read 3118 times)
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« on: February 20, 2010, 02:59:18 AM »

I opened the door to my 809 and didn't see an easy way to remove the belly glass in order to switch it out with another. So I refered to the complete service manual for Electro-mechanicals 1964-1980 and didn't get any help from that... and so I turn to you.
I'm sure someone has done it and knows the easiest way. If you could show me how, I could get a nice change of scenery from my slot machine.
Pics would be nice if you have them.
Thanks, Jim
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 04:52:45 AM »

There are two screws on the inside of the door, one each side, lined up with the sides of the chrome frame and about an inch down from the top of it. If you remove these screws, the belly glass assembly can be tilted forward from the top and lifted free. It can't be removed entirely, as there are wires attached for the belly glass lamp. It may be stuck in place if it hasn't moved for a long time, but those two screws are the only fastenings and you should be able to free it by pushing from behind. Be careful, as it may come free suddenly. The chrome trim can then be removed, allowing the glass to be replaced.

Marshall Fey's "complete" manual book is nowhere near complete. The Mead "Owner's Pictorial Guide" is much more comprehensive.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.