Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:45:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Monitor issue with IGT Draw Poker - Slant Top
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Monitor issue with IGT Draw Poker - Slant Top  (Read 3760 times)
tadornb
« on: March 01, 2010, 07:58:30 AM »

Hi,

I have an IGT Draw Poker (Model 37700) in the Slant top (sit down) format.  After I set it up after shipping, I think I blew the first monitor (it came with one installed and a spare) because I heard a pop when I plugged the machine in and didn't realize until after opened the top that the main board had worked loose in shipping.  First problem monitor...this one just hums when it is installed and the power is on.  The good news is that I was able to simply swap for the spare monitor, and it worked fine for about a week.  After running the machine for a couple of days, I shut the power off, and now, when I turn it back on, everything work except for the monitor.  This second monitor now hums/squeals, but no picture.  Other than no picture, you can play the machine just fine. 

Can anyone help me figure out if the monitors are out or if it is something else, and what needs to be fixed (if they can be repaired) or where I can get a replacement?

Thanks!

Tony
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 08:19:49 AM »

It sounds like the capacitors on the monitor board are bad.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 08:25:35 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Belbtech
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 11:47:35 AM »

If you can tell us who manufacturers the monitor it would help with suggestions on troubleshooting...if it is a Ceronix monitor, it would help knowing what voltage you have at pin 8 of your power supply IC (XRC5184)...use pin 9 of the same IC for your ground (anything other than V- ground will give you false voltages).  What you measure should be one of three states...0.0V, 7.5V (steady), or 7.5V (varying, sometimes there is a churp when P/S tries to restart).

Anyway, the more information the more help with troubleshooting...

God bless,
Mike><>

For God so loved the world...John 3:16!
tadornb
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 05:35:37 AM »

Hi, sorry, I thought that this posted before and I wondered why I had not heard anything, but now I see that the Post didn't save. 

The monitors are both Ceronix.  I tried the voltage tests on the plug that the monitor connnects to and got 3.79, but I am not sure that I had the right pins or if that is even where you meant to test. 

I don't have any manual of schematics for this machine yet, so if anyone has one that I could download, that would be very helpful.

Thanks again!

Tony
Belbtech
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 10:45:43 AM »

If your Ceronix monitor is a 1492 the board designation for the IC to check is 280...see attachment for placement of probes from your DMM.

Good luck & God bless,
Mike><>

* Doc1.doc (597.5 KB - downloaded 137 times.)

For God so loved the world...John 3:16!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.