Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:53:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  Member's Pets
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Member's Pets  (Read 39393 times)
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2010, 05:54:53 AM »

Oh man, so sorry to hear about Oreo... Linda will  be sad, also.

Condolences to everyone.

Thanks,
Bill
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2010, 10:18:51 AM »

yes very sorry for your loss ..the unexplained is hard to deal with ! -I was just at a friends house yesterday with a 15 year old lab on her way out.
at 5 years is the prime yrs . of the dogs life .. MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU - I KNOW THE FEELING OH SO WELL -THEY ARE PART OF THE FAMILY

Rocket

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
golflover
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2010, 10:25:47 AM »

It is never easy to loose a loved one. Here is a copy of the story my vet sent me when I had to put my favorite lab down due to cancer. It still hurts to this day. My prayrs are with you in this time of sadness.

Tom

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together

JOHN42355
Rudys Gaming And Electronics LLC.
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 168

RudysDeals.com Gaming and Electronic Parts

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2010, 11:39:10 AM »

I'm So Sorry to hear this bad news. I really understand how you must feel about loosing a best friend and a family member..... I still am not over of my best friend "RUDY" .MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU. BLESS, JOHN

* image_7121.GIF (92 KB, 208x199 - viewed 473 times.)

Discount Gaming Supplies And Free Manual Downloads At RudysDeals.com
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2010, 11:41:59 AM »

Sorry for your great loss of Oreo. I know he will be in the hearts of you and your children for a long time.
It is good to think of the good times you all had with him and you were lucky to have such a good dog.

Ron (r273)
tjkeller
NLG Translator
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 374

What???...Where???...Huh???

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2010, 02:25:09 PM »

Very sorry to hear of your loss.
Oreo will always be with you in great memories.
My condolences to you & your family.

TJ

Thank God for Friends!!!
delma
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2010, 04:09:26 AM »

Tribute To A Best Friend

Sunlight streams through window pane onto a spot on the floor...then I remember,it's where you used to lie, but now you are no more.

Our feet walk down a hall of carpet and muted echoes sound....then I remember, It's where your paws would joyously abound

A voice is heard along the road, and up beyond the hill then I remember it can't be yours....your golden voice is still.

But I'll take that vacant spot of floor and empty muted hall and lay them with the absent voice and unused dish along the wall

I'll wrap these treasured memorials in a blanket of my love and keep them for my best friend until we meet above.

Ozzy
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 254

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2010, 05:17:54 AM »

Sorry mate, and all others.

Well here is the Mans Best Friend I had in Prague, he went to a great home with a girlfriend included, not forgotten, but due to the slots business I am in, you have to make sacrifices. I used to sacrifice the wife but am getting to old to replace that "need" in life.

cheers

Ozzy the man

* Picture 467.jpg (77.82 KB, 640x853 - viewed 319 times.)

* Picture 476 (2).jpg (62.51 KB, 640x480 - viewed 319 times.)
Ozzy

Total Karma Storms: 254

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2010, 05:25:42 AM »

And her are my latest two I brought from the DR to Mexico, crazy mothers are these two boys.

OZZY on the Left and Osbourne on the right, a French Bull dog (i doubt with this one's intelligence..........and a Yorkshire Terrier that is like a Tasmanian Devil) I do beleive in L after D and my choice to come back in this world is def. a dog. preferably male. Will not go in to detail why I picked that sex. Cut me short if I am going over board......but will ty to be more active on site. See you guys in Vegas for def.

cheers

RIP all pets

OZZY

* VSCN1352.jpg (97.15 KB, 640x480 - viewed 311 times.)
tacman

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2010, 09:35:40 AM »

I found this after I lost my first guy a long time ago.

Dan (tacman)

Oooops, please refer to the Rainbow Bridge ode already posted by golflover.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 09:49:44 AM by tacman » Logged

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2010, 09:39:21 AM »

That is a good one Dan -Golflover posted it also -you sent it to me last xmas or new yrs after my Sheps passing aug of 2009 .
pos. karma for that quotation  .

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2010, 11:52:15 AM »

Help Help Help Help Help Help Help
am i mistaken ?? is there not seperate thread for animals of forum members ??
or was that only on old forum ?? i swear it was carried over and started again --of course i did not look thats to hard !!

i seem to remember everyone posting pictures of there animals --or was that under members other hobbies ??

sight guru's can answer this... i have a pile of wild life --animal planet  rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

plus my dogs .. to post
i should do the wild life on BURR ITS COLD OUT . where i erased a pile of postings in june 2010.

when i was leaving the forum do to unforseen problems -that have been eliminated for good .
thanks to the powers to be !!

tacman

Genius in training.

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2014, 02:31:48 AM »

Well, as all pet owners know in the back of their mind, the day will come to say goodbye. Sunday was such a day for me. I had to say goodbye to Sable, my female Akita that I have had from 6 weeks old. My wife called me at work and said Sable had thrown up her food and just couldn't seem to get comfortable. When I got home, I noticed she was lethargic and dry heaving, so we rushed her to the emergency vet. After an exam and x-rays, it was as I feared, bloat, her stomach had twisted inside. My girl never complained once in her life, no yelps of pain, but she was whining on the gurney and that was even after they gave her pain medication and eleviated the gas buildup in her stomach. I had hoped for her to pass in her sleep, comfortably, because with her being such a loving part of the family, she had earned that in my book. Alas, it was not to be. Knowing her age and declining health, I made the decision all owners dread, I would have to make her pain go away the only way possible. My wife and daughter, with whom she grew up with were there as well. We gave her comfort and love and as I stroked her head and whispered loving statements, I saw her light fade away as the doctor gave her the injection. The take charge man I was turned into a babbling infant the second she was gone. I would be remiss not to say how great a member of the family she was and her instinct, intuition, calmness and unconditional love was a joy to experience. My Sable girl, I miss you and will always love you. With all my heart I hope we will see each other again when the time comes.

Daddy (tacman)

* Sable1.jpg (278.34 KB, 1110x888 - viewed 277 times.)

* Sable.jpg (672.59 KB, 1194x900 - viewed 286 times.)

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2014, 03:00:04 AM »

She's a very pretty girl Tacman, truly sorry for your loss
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2014, 03:03:26 AM »

Well you are not alone. I feel your loss/grief as we too lost a 4 legged family member. On 02/03/2014 we had to "put down" Bentley. He was a fantastic Pembroke welsh Corgi I got when he was 12 weeks old. He was 14 years and made it to Hawaii and back.Bentley was the kind of companion that would not let you out of his sight.He slept on our beds, got scrambled eggs on the weekend, went to the store with us.
Bentley was always willing to play when you wanted to, or be at your side if you felt like shit, somehow he seemed to know and always did the right thing.
Dogs can't TELL you when they feel bad or in pain, they just suck it up and keep going. us humans are clueless unless we know our animals very well.
Bentley's final blow was a really NASTY fungal infection in his nose.We tried everything, Anti-Fungal meds, Anti-biotics, Anti-Inflammatorys.We made progress, we battled this for 5 months. It got to the point where he would sneeze and start bleeding all over the place, his face swelled up....he was in pain and miserable.He would lose so much blood he would sleep for 2 days.On the last day he would not eat or drink...we all knew it was "That day". At the vet I held him until they said he is gone....
14 years, the perfect dog, faithful,loving and smart.I still miss my buddy.At least we were with him as he crossed the rainbow bridge....

Kirk & Annette

* photo (47) (1024x765).jpg (510.56 KB, 1024x765 - viewed 272 times.)

* photo (31) (765x1024).jpg (534.55 KB, 765x1024 - viewed 296 times.)

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2014, 03:09:47 AM »

But wait....there is some good news...
A few days after we had to say goodbye to Bentley, my wife checks on Craigslist for Corgis...
She sees one in Temple City California....he is ADORABLE!!! and 8 weeks old.
We call the people that have him, tell them to hold him for us..were driving down from Las Vegas, they think were nuts.
We explained what had happened, they completely understand.
Now I don't want anyone to think you can "Replace" a pet....that simply doesnt happen. They have personalities just like us and no two are alike.
Bentley will live on forever in my heart, never to be forgotten. But there was now a HUGE void in the household.
Introducing "Yoda" the 2 month old Male Pembroke Welsh Corgi.....The love affair starts all over again.

* Yodaface1 (1024x576).jpg (232.93 KB, 1024x576 - viewed 283 times.)

* Yodapose1 (800x450).jpg (190.2 KB, 800x450 - viewed 284 times.)

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2014, 03:13:00 AM »

I feel very bad for your loss Dan but you had to make the decision and do the hardest thing a person has to do concerning either a pet or human. It is just the correct thing to do when they are probably not going to get better. You will always remember the great friendship she brought to you and all your family and for being such a good friend to you and your other pup... again I am so sorry for your loss and hope you find peace in knowing she is not suffering even though I know you will miss her so much

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
Tilt

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2014, 03:32:47 AM »

Sorry for your loss Dan.  It's tough losing a pet, they really do become a member of your family.  Our dog was 14 when we lost her a few years back.  She had been with us from my first duty station in the Air Force until my retirement.  Still miss her.  Wish I had some had some words of wisdom that could ease your pain.  You will always have the fond memories to treasure forever.  My condolences to you and your family.
tacman

Genius in training.

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2014, 03:33:50 AM »

Thanks, guys. You know the head thinks differently than the heart, so I have to just ride out the grieving process.
Yes, Cowboy she was damn beautiful and very much a lady, as you can see from the crossed front legs (always did that) and no black mask and ears for her, no way, she had black around the eyes like eyeliner! Of course we named her when we got her and the first picture can explain why we named her Sable, no she wasn't having any of it and after her first year changed to fawn.I've had several Akitas (favorite breed) but she was my only female and the difference in attitude and temperment was definitely different from my males.

Dan (tacman)

KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2014, 03:40:26 AM »

This was December 2013 at HomeDepot in Kailua-Kona Hawaii. We were shopping for Christmas decorations.
The war was on, but he didnt show it, no one but us really knew. He tried hard, we tried hard.
He went downhill VERY fast.I was a complete trainwreck, one minute angry, the next sad, feeling ripped off and helpless to help my best friend at his time in need.
His mind was still sharp, trust me he KNEW what was going on, he knew he was in serious trouble, he knew I was right by his side.We will see each other again.
Be there for them, they worship you and understand a LOT more than people realize, they ask for little...so please..be thre for them, do something nice for yours....while you can.

* photo (23) (1024x765).jpg (498.83 KB, 1024x765 - viewed 306 times.)

CommTech

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2014, 03:47:40 AM »

My sincere condolences to you and your family Dan.  It's truly a very difficult decision, but also the most loving thing you can do to relieve her suffering.  God Bless!
CommTech

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2014, 03:50:41 AM »

Sorry for your loss as well Kirk.  Happy to see you found another to love.  God Bless!
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2014, 04:13:26 AM »

Thanks...and best wishes Dan.It takes a while, hurts like hell and just when i think I'm OK.it hits again.Yoda has been a wonderful distraction.
I see so many things in him that remind me of all the good times Bentley and I had, he make me feel a lot better and while I'm not a "Religious" man I somehow feel Bentley has some kind of a part in this.
Look up "The Rainbow Bridge"  it may make you feel a lot better about our 4 legged family members, past and present.
Yoda getting "Spoiled" as he prefers our bed to his.He stays all night, no mess, no accidents and doesnt chew up anything.He wakes us up when he wants to go out for a "potty" break....smart for less than 3 months old.

* Sleepydog1 (1024x576).jpg (395.36 KB, 1024x576 - viewed 278 times.)

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2014, 06:43:28 AM »

Kirk, I am very sorry for your loss. Both of your babies were sweethearts and I know how much Bentley meant to you and Annette. I hope your new member of the family is getting along with the old one.

My condolences to you and your family as well, Dan. Most of us here have been through what you're going through and there are no simple words or quick paths that can heal. Only time can do that. It's a hard decision that every pet owner has to make, but it's a small price to pay for all the years of love and companionship that we get from our four legged family members.

One of my babies has lymphoma and I thought I was going to lose him last year. The vet had given him three to four months. It turned out that the time frame was an overall average that no cat ever meets because they either pass very quickly or go into remission, and there's no way to predict. We got lucky. He responded well to the medication and he's doing much better than he was nine months ago. Even so, the cancer is still there and I have to prepare for the day when I'll lose him. He's sitting on my lap purring right now, actually.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
OhioGaming

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2014, 11:43:17 AM »

Dan and Kirk .. sorry to hear about your pets .. pets are always our best of friends.

We loss our cat that is posted on page one of this thread. Just seemed that one day everything changed and soon after we had to make that decision also.

Our newest pets since the orginal post .. Zoey, Jett and JACKPOT.

* zoey.jpg (319.12 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 254 times.)

* jett and jackpot.jpg (1251.84 KB, 2355x1570 - viewed 319 times.)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.