Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:12:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  Member's Pets
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Member's Pets  (Read 39254 times)
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Topic Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2014, 01:10:50 PM »

That story touched my heart, tacman.  Sorry!   We too will be going thru this same thing with our sweet Muffy. She is now 13, diabetic with two shots a day, almost completely blind, skin allergies (scratches a lot no matter what you use on her), eye allergies, eyes are itchy a lot  (we  use Bausch + Loms  doggy eye drops). Has had 2 bouts of pancreidas. In spite of all this she still gets around the whole house, eats well, (but has to be hand feed sometimes so she can get her shots on time) goes outside when it's time. She knows everyone by smell. She sits up a begs for treats when she knows it's someone not living here. I know she has no real life but we can not let her go, not yet.  no bawling

Ron (r273)

proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2014, 09:17:07 PM »

I know the feeling as I lost my Red Girl  last May after 11 years.
I still have her four legged soil mate (Blondie) and he is getting
spoiled rotten in his old age.

* image.jpg (1728.63 KB, 1936x2592 - viewed 527 times.)

* image.jpg (1874.37 KB, 1936x2592 - viewed 607 times.)

One step at a time.
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2014, 10:04:19 PM »

Kirk sorry for the loss of your Bentley and Dan for the loss of Sable.
Such sad stories but try to remember the good times. I myself have been through the tough decisions many times and it never gets easier. For me I found comfort is knowing that the suffering had ended and soon after I only remember the good times.
For me and my wife they are our children. I believe it's one reason I still play with these slot machines since I have never had to grow up and take care of my own children. Like it was stated before, they have their own personalities but at times I find myself calling them by the wrong name. I'm sure that's just the old age and the CRS  arrow
Our newest is Bentley and he has liver issues from birth. We did the foster care thing for him and have now adopted him. To provide a fighting chance for a longer life we just sent him for surgery for around 6K I keep telling my wife at least we don't have to pay for collage for him.  Crazy
Hoping he lives a prolonged life, but I already know he will pass eventually of liver failure so we just enjoy each day and love him more.

* Doctors1.jpg (186 KB, 960x541 - viewed 534 times.)

* Bentley Christmas.jpg (69.06 KB, 767x960 - viewed 526 times.)

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
lindam1
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 168

When you're out of Quarters, You're done.

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2014, 10:51:18 PM »

That story touched my heart, tacman.  Sorry!   We too will be going thru this same thing with our sweet Muffy. She is now 13, diabetic with two shots a day, almost completely blind, skin allergies (scratches a lot no matter what you use on her), eye allergies, eyes are itchy a lot  (we  use Bausch + Loms  doggy eye drops). Has had 2 bouts of pancreidas. In spite of all this she still gets around the whole house, eats well, (but has to be hand feed sometimes so she can get her shots on time) goes outside when it's time. She knows everyone by smell. She sits up a begs for treats when she knows it's someone not living here. I know she has no real life but we can not let her go, not yet.  no bawling

Ron (r273)

[/quote
Ron,

We've been dealing with simular issues since our pooch was 3 (now 11). If you haven't tried "Dinovite" it's worth a try. we also bath with "Miconizole" shampoo from "Davis". they both are great for the skin issues. Hope this helps.
Lindsay

If it ain't broke....Stop trying to fix it.
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2014, 11:42:37 PM »

Kirk and Dan you have my sympathy. Losing a pet is tough. Kirk, glad to see you started a new chapter in life with Yoda.

My wife and her sister take time to visit the Nevada NSPCA dog shelter in Vegas. There they interact with and walk the small dogs who spend months there, sometimes they never leave. I encourage anyone looking for a new dog or cat to visit your local shelter and look there. So many nice pets without homes.

Our spoiled French Bulldog needed a buddy to teach her some social skills. The Mrs. brought home an older Chihuahua we named Jerry. He puts up with alota crap from the overbearing bulldog, but their still buddies.

Ohiogaming, your horses are beautiful! I once trained harness race horses (Standardbreds) and your pics remind me of them. My first race horse I kept until I moved to Nevada at which time I boarded him back in Mich. He passed on at the age of 32 years. Lot of great memories with that horse!

* SANY1202.JPG (879.25 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 575 times.)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 02:57:54 AM by uniman » Logged
machfelon
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2014, 12:08:59 AM »

My German Shepherd.  KONA

And cat. NEO

* 1503.jpg (1683.72 KB, 1958x1469 - viewed 580 times.)

* 1443.jpg (1437.44 KB, 1817x1370 - viewed 605 times.)
JOHN42355
Rudys Gaming And Electronics LLC.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 168

RudysDeals.com Gaming and Electronic Parts

« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2014, 12:19:27 AM »

Oh My! Dan And Kirk So Sorry! I hate to hear Sad news like loosing your BEST friend.. I Really no what you both are feeling and going through at this time. I hit Rock Bottom hard When I lost Rudy and had to seek professional Help for a long time to understand my loss. Also had All of you NLG members to help me too. My true condolences Are there for you Dan and Kirk and your family. And my Prayers are with you Both. If ever you need to talk to help you along feel free to call me. I does Help. God Bless , John and "The Rudys Staff"

Discount Gaming Supplies And Free Manual Downloads At RudysDeals.com
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2014, 12:12:29 PM »

Ron (r273)

Ron,

We've been dealing with simular issues since our pooch was 3 (now 11). If you haven't tried "Dinovite" it's worth a try. we also bath with "Miconizole" shampoo from "Davis". they both are great for the skin issues. Hope this helps.
Lindsay

Thanks Lindsay I will look into them.

Ron (r273)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.