Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:11:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  IGT S Reset switch
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S Reset switch  (Read 9812 times)
CUDA3134
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: March 05, 2010, 03:43:55 AM »

The reset switch on my Igt s flat top has no wires going to it. does anyone have any idea which wires go to it ? Either by harness count and color or from where do they originate so i can trace them down.I replaced the battery and when i turn it on the reels spin and then I get a code 12.Dale
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 01:13:31 PM »

S+ or straight "S" machine?
Can we see a picture of your reset switch?
If it's an S+, it should be a green wire and a green w/yellow stripe wire
going to the 2 tabs on the switch.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 01:46:47 PM »

The reset switch on my Igt s flat top has no wires going to it. does anyone have any idea which wires go to it ? Either by harness count and color or from where do they originate so i can trace them down.I replaced the battery and when i turn it on the reels spin and then I get a code 12.Dale

Did you check the voltage of the battery with a meter? I have gotten new dead ones before.
CUDA3134

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 01:59:06 AM »

As far as I know it is an S not s+ . here are the pictures of the inside harness two wires are laying there  one is orange the other  is an extension connected to two white with red striped wires both are from cut loose from the long flat connector. I will also attach a picture of the MDU.

* IMG_0709.jpg (188.14 KB, 379x551 - viewed 498 times.)
CUDA3134

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 02:02:38 AM »

Here are the piuctures

* IMG_0710.jpg (275.53 KB, 800x600 - viewed 377 times.)

* IMG_0707.jpg (358.02 KB, 800x600 - viewed 382 times.)
CarruthersIII
CyberTech Computerz
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 03:54:51 PM »

Anyone know the answer to this i am a little interested to see for my self.

Computer & Game Forum - www.ctcustomz.com/index.php
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 06:28:56 PM »

That board looks like an S-Slot to me.  I thought the jackpot reset switch on those was in the lower part of the cabinet below the handle?  maybe they moved it for later builds.  I'll look to see if I have anything that shows it's connections.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 06:49:14 PM »

Hmm. Does your MPU board plug into the motherboard just by sliding into place, or are there wire harnesses that you have to plug into the top of the board once it is seated in its holder?

That's not a typical S+ board you have there, but it almost looks like it's different from the S boards I've previously seen.

Finally, for the group, did S slots support haywire themes (Money Storm is a Haywire theme, if memory serves)?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 06:52:18 PM »

here's a pic of where I thought the reset switch belongs with it's wiring attached.  I found it in another post, supposed to be an S-Plus, but must be a really early one.

W

* blow up of reset switch inside_s+.jpg (36.92 KB, 451x404 - viewed 490 times.)

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 07:01:47 PM »

The blow-up shows a green and a yellow going to the reset switch like an S+.
However, that's an early S+ and it may not be the same machine as cuda's.
I could be wrong.
We need more pics of the insides of cuda's machine with the hopper removed.

I haven't answered to cuda's posts because I'm not familiar with the straight "S" slot.
That MPU board with the piggyback board on it really throws me off.
Even the wiring colors are different and it looks like it's been re-worked.
There's heat shrink wrapping and bare wires of different colors of not those I've seen on normal S+'s.
I've worked on early S+'s with the MPU boards placed in the left wall tray but not on a straight "S".
I'd have to try and dig out a reference wiring schematics for an "S"
and try to pinpoint what wires go to the reset
switch...however, that board is what throws me off...I've never seen a board like that.
What are the numbers on that board? And the piggyback one too?
a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 07:13:23 PM »

http://www.newlifegames.net/uploads/up/IGT_S-Slot_SERVICE_MANUAL.pdf

It appears that someone has uploaded a manual with schematics.

W

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 07:43:16 PM »

Look on the J1 connector on the edge of the MPU board,
see which pin is number 1.
The 10th pin is the "Jackpot Reset" wire.
Note the color of it and follow that and see where it ends...
hopefully it ends near the actual switch itself.
Click on this wiring schematic below to make it larger!>>>

* jackpot reset wire.png (220.94 KB, 780x369 - viewed 1021 times.)
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 11:33:45 PM »

As far as I know it is an S not s+ . here are the pictures of the inside harness two wires are laying there  one is orange the other  is an extension connected to two white with red striped wires both are from cut loose from the long flat connector. I will also attach a picture of the MDU.

I love that title - I hope you hook up that switch!
CUDA3134

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 01:34:16 AM »

First of all thanks to all for the help. The board sits behind the hoper NOT beside it and has three connectors that have two pins to each row. I looked at the wiring diagram also and J1 is easy to identify but not sure which pin is  # 10 since there is a front pin and a rear pin in each row. Of course the board sits in the machine in reverse of the picture I posted so J1  is on the top right side and I think pin 1 is on the right to the front ? And if so where is 10 and where does the other wire originate from. I took one of the boards from the two machines I own to One Arm Gambler in Phoenix and he said It was a S board. Weird I have two machines that have daughter boards one is the Money Storm and the other is a Nudge Dazzling Diamond Deluxe. Just my luck to get them.
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 02:47:47 AM »

The daughter boards must allow S-plus-like functionality (such as the Haywiring for Money Storm, and the nudging for the DD Deluxe) -- S slots aren't supposed to be able to support those features.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
CUDA3134

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 12:14:03 AM »

Since I guess no one has a old s slot machine that can check what wires go to the reset switch maybe I will just junk it.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 01:21:42 AM »

Hey cuda don't do that!
Give it to me! I'll take the parts! lol

Tell you what, PM a member that goes by the name of "JIM".
He's knows more about the old "S" than I do!
I am sure he'd be able to help ya if he finds a moment!  yes
Can you do me a favor, post up a good picture of the inside of your machine?
I know you posted the topbox, but the bottom half would be neat for historical reasons really!
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 01:54:03 AM »

AS your board is pictured in your post,  as you said J-1 is on the right side of the board. Pin 1 is the first pin on the top row(you will see a 1 directly behind the plug)  , pin 2 is directly below it (first pin on the bottom row, pin 3 is the second pin on the top row, pin 4 is directly below (second pin on bottom row) etc., etc.,  pin 10 will be the fifth pin on the bottom row. That is one side of the reset jackpot switch.

The other side is the common for the 7/8 vac, and it comes from fuse F-2.  pin 3 from the main power transformer secondary goes to one side of F-2 and the other side of F-2 is the common leg for the 7/8vac. All of those switches shown in the wiring diagram that Bunker posted have the same common point. This is the second wire on the jackpot switch.

Hope this helps

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
CUDA3134

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 02:54:15 AM »

Thanks so if I understand this right, if I enlarge the picture  of the board I posted, pin 10 woiuld be five over from the right on the bottom or closest to the actual printed board . So if I check continuity  with my meter I hook it  to the switch and the other is a 7 to 8 volt wire. i will try to add pictures of all the inside of it also.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 04:55:49 PM »

yes it will be the fifth pin on the bottom ,counting over from the right, pin closest to the circuit board.

Now the 7/8 vac line is another matter!!!!!    there are two connections from the transformer that are associated with the 7/8vac.  If you hooked up a #47 bulb (type in the candle) or the # 555  button lamps  across these two points , the bulb will lite.  there is a hot side and a common side, we want to make sure that you put the common side to the other side of the switch.
According to the schematic the common side comes from F-2 (fuse). you could verify this by checking what is hooked up to all the other switches in the wiring diagram posted by BUNKER.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.