Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:02:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Some newbie I+ game questions
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some newbie I+ game questions  (Read 16049 times)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 03:43:39 AM »

Maybe I should do the same for my S2000 problem is I only have 3 or 4 base chips so far.
Most of my kits are originally S+ and I haven't dug into which games i need base chips for until I decide I really want get the base chip for a theme.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 05:56:27 AM »

17" GK/I-game cabinets have a service lamp in them behind the bill validator.  It will light up with the power switch off and the door open making it easier to see the socket on the backplane. Have fun!

And, that bulb gets VERY HOT!!!

It will burn the you-know-what out of your arm when you reach in there... frying pan Duh! yes muted

Thanks,
Bill
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 08:07:15 AM »

17" GK/I-game cabinets have a service lamp in them behind the bill validator.  It will light up with the power switch off and the door open making it easier to see the socket on the backplane. Have fun!

And, that bulb gets VERY HOT!!!

It will burn the you-know-what out of your arm when you reach in there... frying pan Duh! yes muted

BAD BULB BAD BULB!!!  Spank Spank Spank

hot hot hot hot hot hot muted muted muted muted muted muted hot hot hot hot hot hot

Has anyone used those chips on one of the 19" or 17" Game Kings that are the earlier models with the huge I/O board above the MPU board??? The reason why I ask is that the eeprom in mine is a 24LC16B/P, which I assume is compatible??? My I-Game uses the one that everyone has been discussing. Just need to figure out if I need to buy both???

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 09:46:39 PM »

CH
You would be safe using either one,
The only difference I could spot is one can go down to a lower voltage of 1.7
I do not think IGT drops it that low anyways.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Tilt
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2010, 12:34:38 AM »

Maybe I should do the same for my S2000 problem is I only have 3 or 4 base chips so far.
Most of my kits are originally S+ and I haven't dug into which games i need base chips for until I decide I really want get the base chip for a theme.

You can do it, but it's a real pain to get to the EEPROM on the S2000 backplane.
Tilt
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2010, 12:44:08 AM »

Captain,

It'll work then.  Just watch the chip orientation.  On newer machines pin one is on the upper right (looking straight at it), on older ones it's on the lower left.  Just make sure you install the notch on the chip to match the notch on the backplane socket and you'll be good to go, and be aware there are differences.  
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2010, 02:42:59 AM »

Thank guys for confirming exactly what I thought! yes yes yes

I have wanted to do this for some time now, just never got around to it!

I am not going to bother doing it on the S2000's like others have mentioned it would be a pain to get to! It is not that big of a deal for the game change on them, but on the GAMEKINGS and IGAMES it takes much longer, especially on the multi hand multi game multidenom pokers. frying pan

K+ all around! Clap Clap Clap

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.