Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:46:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Reel-touch top monitor set-up
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reel-touch top monitor set-up  (Read 3033 times)
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 246

« on: March 27, 2010, 08:27:12 PM »

Here is something that is has been bafflling me.  I am working on some reel toch machines here and have built the top box monitors.  The first one I built works no problem-(bucks ahoy).  The other three have me pulling my hair out- Duh!.  some of these have parts/componets as far as the top cpu/lcd goes from others.  They all come on and respond.  Some had dead batteries and threw cmos errors.  that was corrected.  At this point I believe that all the proper settings must be keyed in for this to work.  i have guessed at all these settings to no evail.  I could as well be dealing with some faulty main boards in the top but it does not seem that is the case to me.  If anyone has any data on the correct settings for this it would be greatly appreciated.  I tried to axcess bucks ahoy with the keyboard but it would never throw a f1 del prompt etc. as the others do so I could see what "good" looked like on settings.  Here is a few pics of the screens on the other monitors I can axcess by pushing del before it goes to wanting whatever and the axcess at that point is not there.

* reel touch axcess screens 001.JPG (119.46 KB, 640x480 - viewed 230 times.)

* reel touch axcess screens 002.JPG (123.81 KB, 640x480 - viewed 222 times.)
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 08:27:56 PM »

Two more pics

* reel touch axcess screens 003.JPG (123.89 KB, 640x480 - viewed 212 times.)

* reel touch axcess screens 004.JPG (120.28 KB, 640x480 - viewed 217 times.)
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 08:28:45 PM »

last two for now-Thanks-B.

* reel touch axcess screens 005.JPG (121.23 KB, 640x480 - viewed 209 times.)

* reel touch axcess screens 006.JPG (120.97 KB, 640x480 - viewed 201 times.)
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 10:33:29 PM »

What happens when you start the game?  I think the cmos settings are just plain old default.    I've reset the cmos settings on mine to the default settings and the game booted without a problem.    Scratch Head

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 12:57:39 AM »

From a computer standpoint I agree with munch. I am not lucky enough to have a reeltouch to play with to tell you any better.

I would first try hitting F7 and then saving to load the optimal defaults, if that does not do it, maybe try the failsafe defaults with the F6 key??

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 07:56:24 PM »

The problems with these are in the main processor boards.  The monitors I erected/built themselves are fine as are all the light rings.  I had bought a bunch of this stuff in a as-is deal but now know that is were the problems are at.  Worked on all these for over a month now and rest assured all has been tried and attemted on these parts. Probably some processor chips failing on them.   I am putting all this stuff up now and have a just a few more main processor boards to chk but to be honest I am tired of them for now.  At least I know quite a bit about these and what to look for.  Most out there just "pop" a harddrive in and configure and go on about there business.  The first one I built worked well-It was new in static bag and missing a couple parts-Guess that is why I had success with that one.  My problems where never in the base soft-ware etc. as they never made it that far.  I have a few more gunnie pigs on the way for testing.  B.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.