Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:20:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S+ power problems?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ power problems?  (Read 13663 times)
polybius
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 01:23:05 AM »

Ok, I swapped boards. The defective DD, showed a game mismatch code. The good machine did the same, so when I switched them back to the right machine, the good machines bill acceptor quit working.  hissy fit
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 01:29:14 AM »

The good machine's bill acceptor needs the proper SET chip to "enable" the bill acceptor.
No big deal there. If you don't have one,  place an ad in the Classifieds"
section of NLG and hopefully a vendor will contact ya!

The defective Double Diamond machine -
You said it showed a "Game Mismatch" code.
Exactly what number was displayed?
Put it back in and get that number to pop back up again.
Doesn't hurt it...I want the exact numbers on your display.
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 62

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 11:55:02 PM »

I am going over to his house when he calls me to  use my clear chip on his board, and use a set chip to reset his bill validator.  I have a spare SP1271 I can loan him
if that will help fix things up,  Which set chip will i need for that in case I need it for his good machine??  Help

Anything else you guys can tell us to try will be appreciated...

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2010, 12:11:05 AM »

SET088,
SET089,
SET090,
SET091,
SET101,
SET102,
SET116, or
SET121
is required
to configure options
for this SP1271 chip.
Good Luck!
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2010, 12:30:45 AM »

You can turn the bill validator on and set denomination ONLY... with a set 15. Not the correct chip but will work for those 2 items. If thats all you have handy.
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 12:34:30 AM »

Hail  Hail  Hail  Thanks for the help guys, I dug through my goodies, and I do have a Set90 for the SP1271  yes
If nothing else, I can get his other machine back up and running correctly....now as to the problem child  Spank

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 04:22:57 PM »

I am going over to his house when he calls me to  use my clear chip on his board, and use a set chip to reset his bill validator.

Spectacular.  K+ to you.  Always great to see members going out of their way to help other members here.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
polybius
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2010, 12:29:49 PM »

I put the good board in the DD...
When power up, code 65-2...Pressed reset button for 3 seconds...Manual says, "error code clears from display-close door." It did not clear, closed door, same code 65-2 flashing fast. Candle is fast flash lower, medium flash top. Turned reset key, Winner paid- 0006... Credits- 5535...Coins Played- alternates 0 and 1 still flashing fast. Spin reels button lit, 25cent denomination light blinking fast.
Pulled handle, and Winner paid- 50... Credits- blank... Coins Played- 4, flashing fast.   Pulled handle again. Winner Paid- 49... Credits blank... Coins played- 4

Put the correct board back in machine. Winner Paid- 61... Credits- blank... Coins Paid- blank. Candles the same as above. I let it set turned on, and noticed intermitant digit section flashes.

This is the most complete description I can give. If there are any specific things, please advise. Thanks guys.
polybius
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »

Magicslots here at his house.  Trying to reset his dbv on his 3cm Blackjack.  SP709, and SS3670, neither my set026 or my set 90 will work with SP???
Did I miss something? 
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2010, 03:52:17 PM »

You've Got Mail

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2010, 04:02:56 PM »

You've Got Mail   I messed the first one up,    forgot to attach PSR

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2010, 11:46:34 PM »

Finally got the Blackjack S+ up and running again!  Duh! I loaned him a SP1271, because the SP709 wouldn't work with either of my set chips.
Did a ram clear on it, and got the WBA11 working normal again, so at least he has one good machine to play.   arrow

Now for the problem child...Its an SP731, i cant recall the SS # ...Anyway, performed a Ram clear on this machine as well, it ran through the count-up procedure
like it should, but the led displays are still flickering heavily  hissy fit 

When powered back up it goes to a 61, that will not clear, still flickering. There is no response from the self-test button  hissy fit
Reels are powered up, all lights etc still  working, just the remaining flickering of the led display.  I took a voltage reading from the back of the denom light, this should be around 6 volts?
I got a reading of 10.4vdc.

Power supply problems???
Suggestions??   Scratch Head   Help

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2010, 02:37:36 AM »

You could try pulling the power supply from the working machine and installing it in the problem machine and see if the problems persist or are resolved.  They're not too difficult to remove from the machines.

If the problems persist, you'll likely want to try a known good MPU board and a known good motherboard.  If the flickering continues, try a known good LED display panel.  There's really no telling what got zapped with voltage it shouldn't have after the initial blast.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2010, 01:29:45 PM »

1) you don't have the same machine power supply in your Blackjack  as you have in the Double Diamond, so you can"t swap it.
2) you can put the Blackjack chips in the DD board and see if you can get the program to load,(put this board in the Blackjack machine)  don't even worry about the bill acceptor at this time. if the program loads and displays don't flicker then you have determined that the board is good.
3) I don't think it is the power supply, all that power supply does is convert the incoming 120 vac to the lower levels of ac needed for the game,e.g. 6.3vac to run all the lamps (denomination lamp), etc.

I think that you probably blew the E-Squared eeprom on the motherboard, usually when you can't clear a 61 code or a ram clear doesn't work then its usually bad.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
polybius
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2010, 05:14:49 PM »

Ok, I pulled the transformer, EMI filter, and the little red box. (Looks like some kind of disribution block). The trx is a Basler Electric p/n BE 23035 001. I checked their website, and they do not sell onsies and twosies to the public. I could not find one on the internet to get the specs off, to cross reference it to Advance, or Acme. Here is the question, is what I need, contained in the power supply that I see readily available? My trx, etc, is exposed, not enclosed in a box. Thanks.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2010, 06:36:22 PM »

hopefully you only removed the four screws and the two nuts  that hold the entire platform in the machine.  for your purpose you can actually test it out of the cabinet. Why are you wanting to order something if you don't know if it is bad??  Unfortunately  we are dealing with a force we cannot see,therefore we need help. that's why when you are working with a electronic device you need a meter, to test voltages and check continuity. then you can rule out certain items as being you problem.  If you would go to page 74 in the S+ repair manual in the submit a file section you will see the power input to the transformer and its outputs. All this can be tested with a meter, set to measure ac voltages. the transformer output is  24 vac and 8vac and 7vac.  these are sent to the motherboard via the plug that causes all the problems ( the one that gets brown and causes the intermittent connections). from there they go into the main logic board and are converted to the d.c. voltages that are required to run the game. If your denomination lamp is on then the transformer is indeed working and providing 7 vac  to the lamp. yes you have to measure this voltage on the ac range not the dc range or you will get a wrong voltage. I would try this first before placing a order for any parts.  the little red box is actually a Solid State Relay (SSR), it turns on the hopper when its told to!  All the power supplies are located on the board.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
polybius
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2010, 07:28:50 PM »

I replaced the power supply, and the DD is doing the same thing. Flickering 61. Anyone want to sell a complete board, with the correct chips installed? Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.