Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 11:41:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  Venting...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Venting...  (Read 10211 times)
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 440

« on: April 07, 2010, 02:23:34 AM »

Some times I hate people...   slap Spank

And no, they didn't even leave a note. frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan

* 0406001149.jpg (605.56 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 239 times.)

Thanks,
Bill
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 02:27:40 AM »

Is that your bike down, brichter?
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 02:57:09 AM »

yup.

Thanks,
Bill
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 03:29:30 AM »

Aw man...sorry to hear that.
Believe me - I didn't do it!  arrow

Once I got done golf coming off the 18th hole and going back to the parking lot -
someone put a huge scratch all alongside the rear panel...man I was...  ttth
But that was just about as bad as finding a golf ball dent on my trunk of the car...jeesh!  hissy fit

I hope it wasn't damaged too bad...rotten luck there  bawling
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 04:06:40 AM »

Man that sucks...sorry to see that. That happened to my bike once except I was still attached and ended up sliding 160 feet and then wedged up and under a pick-up.   Duh! The insurance company's appraiser declared "both myself and the bike were a complete loss and totaled"  bust gut laughing

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 07:49:28 AM »

Bill,

That  muted muted $%^*() SUCKS!!!  bawling bawling bawling

Was your Rocket OK???

Dare I ask if you checked for Video Cameras in the lot??? Some places are more than happy to help if it was caught on camera....

Bad Karma will strike them regardless!!!! lightning bolt lightning bolt lightning bolt lightning bolt lightning bolt lightning bolt lightning bolt lightning bolt

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 07:56:19 AM »

Bike is unimportant now, I just got back from the hospital.

Linda and her boyfriend were involved in a traffic collision about 10:30 last night, they both wound up with some stitches and bumps, bruises, etc., but nothing more major than that.

Her car (or what's left of it):

* IMG_0005_resize.jpg (378.94 KB, 2000x1500 - viewed 192 times.)

Thanks,
Bill
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 08:03:41 AM »

Bike is unimportant now, I just got back from the hospital.

Linda and her boyfriend were involved in a traffic collision about 10:30 last night, they both wound up with some stitches and bumps, bruises, etc., but nothing more major than that.

Her car (or what's left of it):
Bill,

HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!!  Batman You are having a couple bad days!  muted muted muted

I am just so Happy to hear that Linda is OK, oh yeah her BF too. Cars can be fixed or replaced, but your loved ones are the important thing!  yes yes yes

I think you might want to get your special bottle out and have a glass or two!!!  bottles2

Mark CaptainHappy

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 08:06:29 AM »

No bottle present at this time, or I'd be hoisting one... drinker

Pretty stressful 24 hours, I'm off to bed. TTYL, and thanks for the good thoughts.

Thanks,
Bill
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 08:47:31 AM »

I know CH said this, but I said it out loud before reading his post, so I feel entitled:  Holy crap Bill ! Shocked  I didn't even have time to say anything about the bike and more bad things happened! I'm glad that Linda and her boyfriend are alright. yes

As bad as the car looks, it's precisely why they weren't seriously hurt. Modern cars are designed to absorb the shock and crumple so that the force is not transmitted to the people inside the vehicle.

Two claims in as many days... your insurance agent is going to LOVE you, but hey, that's what they're there for. Take care of your daughter first.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Brianzz
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 09:57:27 AM »

Bill, I don't see any damage to your motor scooter, are you sure it wasn't an aftershock that knocked it over? Mother nature never leaves a note.
ashyron
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

RIP Dad. I love you. 5-26-10

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 02:45:11 PM »

Bill, I finally have a chance to chime in and let me say the first pic I seen I just had to say 'crap!!!  stupid people' but then I scrolled down to see the auto accident and now I have to up that one to 'HOLY H E double toothpicks!!!' (since I can't actually say that here).  It's a bummer to see the bike on the ground but so sorry to hear about the accident.  StatFreak is right when he said that modern cars are built to absorb the impact.  That is one of the main reasons cars aren't made of steel anymore and more plastic goes into them.  I hope everyone is OK.

Well, it's been almost 2 years.  I'm kinda back. Undecided
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 03:34:43 PM »

The kids are ok, still no word on the other driver... but she was talking,etc as they took her to the hospital.

Brian, all the damage is on the side next to the ground... Tongue Out Tongue Out Crazy

They can also thank air bags for surprising lack of serious injury. A few stitches here and there and some X-rays as a precaution. Linda's most severe injury was from the seat belt, she's got a big bruise on her chest from where it kept her in her seat.

Thanks,
Bill
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 03:38:09 PM »

now I have to up that one to 'HOLY H E double toothpicks!!!' (since I can't actually say that here).

What the hell are you talking about?   Tongue Out

Bill, glad to hear that everything's okay -- sorry it's been a tough couple of days.  It's behind us now, but a few weeks ago we got burned out of our apartment building (the fire wasn't in our apartment, but close enough that we had significant water damage to the apartment).  Thankfully we weren't hurt, and most of our stuff survived unscathed.  At the same time, though, I kept saying, "we're okay -- the other things are just that -- things, which can be replaced."  The car can be replaced.  Linda can't, so I'm glad she's okay.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
ashyron
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

RIP Dad. I love you. 5-26-10

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 04:01:35 PM »

It's great that her and BF are OK.  Yea I can bet she/they had bruises from the seatbelts and possibly a bruised nose from the face impacting on the air bag or vise-versa.  I can't say my most recent accident the end of February was nearly as bad as Linda's accident but I suffered a bruise on my chest and man it hurt for a long time.  The car will/can be replaced and the bike can be fixed.  Between things like this and what I see my father going through on a daily basis now, I don't take anything for granted.

now I have to up that one to 'HOLY H E double toothpicks!!!' (since I can't actually say that here).

What the hell are you talking about?   Tongue Out

Scratch Head So this forum must be like what George Carlin would explain as being the 7 words you can't say on tv??  Don't make me quote them   bust gut laughing

Well, it's been almost 2 years.  I'm kinda back. Undecided
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 04:23:35 PM »

It's behind us now, but a few weeks ago we got burned out of our apartment building (the fire wasn't in our apartment, but close enough that we had significant water damage to the apartment). 

Thanks, Kevin.

That's the bad part about apartment living: If you're high enough to escape the water damage, the fire probably got to you. Duh! At least you weren't trapped in the apartment... yes

Thanks,
Bill
Super Joker
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 37

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 04:38:23 PM »

As a person that rides a bike as well (Yamaha cruiser), one question that immediately comes to mind from looking at the pic you posted is; where exactly was the bike parked? From the pics, it looks like you were trying to double-tap two parking spots. That is, if the bike was just tipped over.

Damaging someone else's things is a no-no, but even I know that taking two spots (especially on a bike) is asking for some low-life to get pissed at me and do something.

Super Joker is Wild! Anywhere!
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 07:17:22 PM »

As a person that rides a bike as well (Yamaha cruiser), one question that immediately comes to mind from looking at the pic you posted is; where exactly was the bike parked? From the pics, it looks like you were trying to double-tap two parking spots. That is, if the bike was just tipped over.

Damaging someone else's things is a no-no, but even I know that taking two spots (especially on a bike) is asking for some low-life to get pissed at me and do something.

I would be more inclined to guess that some stupid ass was speeding through a parking lot while eating and talking on their cell phone when they sped into a "what they thought was an open" parking space "pushing" Bills Bike into its resting position! Homer Insane Homer Insane Homer Insane

CH CaptainHappy

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 10:17:26 PM »

That makes more sense but still sucks!  hissy fit
Super Joker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 12:38:03 AM »

I would be more inclined to guess that some stupid ass was speeding through a parking lot while eating and talking on their cell phone when they sped into a "what they thought was an open" parking space "pushing" Bills Bike into its resting position! Homer Insane Homer Insane Homer Insane

CH CaptainHappy

I could see that happening, the bike getting pushed off and over. Especially if it was someone backing in.

KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 02:16:41 AM »

CH CaptainHappy

I could see that happening, the bike getting pushed off and over. Especially if it was someone backing in.

There are some winners out there. I had one on the freeway once come up behind me in the #2 lane. I was doing the speed limit on my Harley, minding my own business. The BITCH comes up so close to my rear end , i cant see the plate! Then she comes around me, cuts me off and turns on her windshield washer. I back way off, but follow her. her kids are laughing like crazy. ABout 4 miles later she gets off the freeway and gets caught in traffic. I pull up on her right side, stop by her window, snapped her right hand mirror off and hand it to her thru the window. Told her to have a nice day and split traffic and got off the next street...
Her kids were NOT laughing, I'm sure her husband KILLED her. I bet that BMW mirror was EXPEN$IVE to replace. I was ready to trade her a Malicious Mischief charge for assault with a deadly weapon charge... Smiley

Kirk

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 03:07:21 AM »

where exactly was the bike parked? From the pics, it looks like you were trying to double-tap two parking spots. That is, if the bike was just tipped over.

Not sure what gave you the idea that I was trying to take 2 spots, but the reason the bike is in the position it is because it's equipped with a steering lock, same as every other modern motorcycle.

The steering lock activates when you take the key out of the ignition, and it locks the steering head all the way against the left steering stop. According to the witness, a white Infiniti FX35 pulled into the parking space at a high rate of speed, jammed on the brakes, and still hit my bike hard enough to punt it the length of the parking space and into the bushes. If you look at the front wheel, it's still turned full left.

My motorcycle was parked on the left side, all the way to the rear of the parking space. We (the motorcyclists at work) park 2, sometimes 3 to a spot. One on the left in the back, one on the right in the back, and one at the front in the middle if they're comfortable with the close quarters. The reason motorcycles park in the rear of the spot is so cars can see from a distance that the spot is occupied.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 03:13:32 AM by brichter » Logged

Thanks,
Bill
Super Joker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 03:55:22 AM »

where exactly was the bike parked? From the pics, it looks like you were trying to double-tap two parking spots. That is, if the bike was just tipped over.

Not sure what gave you the idea that I was trying to take 2 spots, but the reason the bike is in the position it is because it's equipped with a steering lock, same as every other modern motorcycle.

The steering lock activates when you take the key out of the ignition, and it locks the steering head all the way against the left steering stop. According to the witness, a white Infiniti FX35 pulled into the parking space at a high rate of speed, jammed on the brakes, and still hit my bike hard enough to punt it the length of the parking space and into the bushes. If you look at the front wheel, it's still turned full left.

My motorcycle was parked on the left side, all the way to the rear of the parking space. We (the motorcyclists at work) park 2, sometimes 3 to a spot. One on the left in the back, one on the right in the back, and one at the front in the middle if they're comfortable with the close quarters. The reason motorcycles park in the rear of the spot is so cars can see from a distance that the spot is occupied.

If it was simply tipped over, from looking at the picture, it would have originally been occupying two slots. Tipping my bike over from wherever it's sitting wouldn't move it a half-space away.

LOL, as a long-time rider, I'm very aware of what a steering lock is. I personally never use my steering lock. Most modern bikes have the ability to turn off the bike and remove the key with the steering unlocked, as well as locked. I also double-up when I park. But I've also seen people double-park, on both bikes and hoopties (crappy cars, not even expensive cars).

Not trying to add salt to your wounds, my apologies if it came out that way.

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 03:58:18 AM »

If you look at the picture, it can't have been tipped over, as almost half of the motorcycle is in the bushes over the curb and the rear is pointed towards the rear of the parking space.

Thanks,
Bill
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 05:49:30 AM »

Did I read the word WITNESS? So, you have a description and a witness. What about video tape? If this was at work, you should be able to find the suspect employee through the description of the car (white Infiniti FX35) -- or at least narrow it down quite a bit.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.