Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 04:34:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S+ slant top conversion
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ slant top conversion  (Read 9043 times)
mborich
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: April 14, 2010, 01:30:33 PM »

looking to convert my 25c RWB Triple Slant top to a 5c machine, what do i need to do this.  the hopper is set up for 25c.  what is the difference between
a shelf wheel and a pinwheel.  do i need both of them??
reho33
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 03:14:27 PM »

You need a nickle shelf wheel. the agitator is the same. You might just want to consider getting a nickel hopper from one of the distributors on this page or put in Classifieds section on this site WTB IGT nickel hopper complete. Is it an S2000 or an S+? The hoppers are different

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
mborich

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 03:24:33 PM »

it is a S+ and do i need to change the escaltor out also?
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 03:27:14 PM »

I seem to remember reading here somewhere that the escalator is different. I think it was in the last thread about what tokens to use Scratch Head
ashyron
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

RIP Dad. I love you. 5-26-10

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 05:10:49 PM »

it is a S+ and do i need to change the escaltor out also?

Scratch Head From what I am to understand, you will need to change the escalator out also since quarters are a different size than nickels and I believe nickels are a smidge bit thicker than quarters so nickels probably wouldn't go up the escalator without some modifications to it. 

If it were me, I would just replace the hopper all together if possible and store the quarter one for  later use, just in case you want to go back to quarters.  And to properly do this right, you will need to change the coin head also.  Modifications can be made to that also if you are mechanically inclined. Tongue Out 

Oh and also, you will probably need a nickel black thing that goes under the coin comparitor so the machine can give you credit for the coin.  One of my machines had a quarter head but a 50 cent black thingy so it wouldn't always credit my coin drop.  Once that black thingy was replaced then I was good to go.

The black thingy I am referring to is in the second pic and that goes behind that circuit boad of the first pic.  If you look at those they have numbers on them and should also say the denomination it is used for.  The one I had in it said 50 cents and the one I have in there now says 25 cents.  So again, since quarters are a different size than nickels, the nickels might not always  be counted when the coin is dropped in.

* DSCN3715.jpg (127.27 KB, 1024x683 - viewed 274 times.)

* DSCN3716.jpg (191.38 KB, 1024x683 - viewed 280 times.)

Well, it's been almost 2 years.  I'm kinda back. Undecided
mborich

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 05:51:22 PM »

nickels fit in the escalator that i have, they do not stick
ashyron

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 06:01:21 PM »

Then you should just have to replace the quarter shelf with a nickel one and be on your way. applause applause

coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 06:02:56 PM »

And goto the bank and cash all your quarters in for nickels  Crazy Crazy Crazy
mborich

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 06:08:55 PM »

you talking about the nickel shelf wheel????  what is a nickel pinwheel then?   do i need them both?
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 06:32:54 PM »

Pin wheel should work ok, now if you were going to quarters with a nickel pin wheel that would not work. no

I borrowed Bunkers picture of a hopper. Quarter in this picture is sitting on top of the shelf wheel and lying on the pin wheel between pins about to travel to the left arcoss the knife. Hope that helps with the terms

* S+_hopper_shelf_and_pinwheel_(0_25)_02.JPG (526.3 KB, 2576x1932 - viewed 298 times.)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 06:39:54 PM by coorslight115 » Logged
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 06:44:19 PM »

nickels wont work in a quarter hopper --its that simple --they will jam and wont trigger the actuator on the top end of the quarter escalator to credit payout depending on the type of hopper used  !!

the coin com just needs a nickel --replaced instead of quarter thats easy ----the optic black thing >>you call<<<they do make them for nickels you will get skips on nickels if you have a larger one in there !!

your best getting a nickel hopper with escalator installed .. plus a nickel coin head for the top lid of machine

MODIFIED: WITH NICKEL ENCODER FOR COIN OPTICS
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 07:16:26 PM by ROCKET » Logged

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
mborich

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 06:50:40 PM »

so, right now i have a quarter pinwheel.  all i need is a nickel shelf then?
ashyron

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 06:52:44 PM »

the optic black thing >>you call<<<they do make them for nickels you will get skips on nickels if you have a larger one in there !!

That was the exact problem I ran into with mine.  I had a 50 cent one in and not a 25 cent so it would/could cost me $1.50 for it to register 75 cents.  I know there is a name for that part but I'll be damned if I can think of it right now.  Is it called a 'coin reducer'??   Help Scratch Head

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 06:54:50 PM »

the optic black thing >>you call<<<they do make them for nickels you will get skips on nickels if you have a larger one in there !!

That was the exact problem I ran into with mine.  I had a 50 cent one in and not a 25 cent so it would/could cost me $1.50 for it to register 75 cents.  I know there is a name for that part but I'll be damned if I can think of it right now.  Is it called a 'coin reducer'??   Help Scratch Head

hit the books---- I always called it the coin denomination  optic card ??

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
ashyron

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 07:03:20 PM »

hit the books---- I always called it the coin denomination  optic card ??

Last time I hit a book I got a migraine.  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 07:12:51 PM »

hit the books---- I always called it the coin denomination  optic card ??

Last time I hit a book I got a migraine.  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

READING IS THE BEST THERAPY !!

BLACK THING LOL==COIN ENCODER

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 07:19:56 PM »

personally I would just leave the machine .25 cent ??
or if a switch was done ??

Do  all slant tops in 1.00 token   parts are less expensive you dont tie up piles of nickels or quarters

just buy the same 1.00 token when you buy

a 1.00 slant top hopper is cheap money and coin head and coin optic aka >>black thing <<

i did it to 15 SLANTS ---- I have -- its a lot easier then money does not walk away if nickels or quarters .. are there for me or kids to crab for coffeee money

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 08:09:57 PM »

The quarter shelf wheel, the pin wheel, the coin optics, the coin head, and the hopper optics will all work just fine when changing to a nickel. the escalator will not work, a nickel is just enough thicker that it will jam close to the top. I would suggest fill your quarter hopper with some nickels, with one hand release the brake and rotate the pin wheel with the other hand, watch and see if the nickels travel up the escalator ( take note where they jam ) If they don't jam your escalator is well worn and you are in good shape, if they do jam you have two choices remove the coin counter at the top and with a file remove the obstruction material, second option take a grinder and remove the weld on each side of the escalator, with a hammer and small chisel spread the sides wide enough for the nickel to pass. Thrid and best option stay with quarters.  Duh! Duh! Duh!

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 12:23:33 AM »

Or just buy a nickel hopper and be done with it, Nickel Slant Hopper, Coin Head, Encoder and Denom Insert $45 plus shipping, hopper cleaned and tested, or $35 if just put in a box, and if you have a BV and need a Set Chip we can do that as well

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 12:39:05 AM »

I am all for putting the stuff in a box.  ----
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 09:04:20 AM »

Or just buy a nickel hopper and be done with it, Nickel Slant Hopper, Coin Head, Encoder and Denom Insert $45 plus shipping, hopper cleaned and tested, or $35 if just put in a box, and if you have a BV and need a Set Chip we can do that as well

not to start fights but once i heard the grinder come out ?? i figured the next post was going to be the oxy acetlene tanks come out to burn a a wider path up the escalater

as i said in begining !!

buy a complete nickel hopper with escalater or convert to 1.00 if you have multiple slant tops -less coin jam problems over all with heavy coins
but the guy did not know diff bwtween pinwheel and shelf wheel ..thats ok he is learning --but to srat grinding welds lol i would have to be desperate
to convert that hopper .. its like putting a FORD engine in a CHEVY going that rte .
good thing Jim stepped up and offered a super price !!

nickel slant top hoppers were scarce for awhile .. but the part i mentioned about tying up "'real" "  money" applies still !! if you have machines with quarters -----nickels --etc -- they do walk away for the coffee shop !!

i never found the 1.00 tokens to go to coffee shop
SIDE NOTE : the smaller the coin nickel -dime -quarter you are more proned to have hopper jams vs .50 or 1.00 denominations . not in the escalator just in the hopper itself .
plus on coin drops >> on fast feed coin >>>>>> you will get jams in the comparitor more frequent with small coin than larger heavy coin this applies to slant top and upright ..

good going Jim ! good to see your back posting !! -- MAG-7 AWARD SLANT TOP S+   ??????its been almost 8 yrs since i started the search ..

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.