Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 02:21:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Chang game from .25 to .05
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chang game from .25 to .05  (Read 2386 times)
IFFV68
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« on: April 23, 2010, 12:48:38 AM »

What is the easiest way to change your game from .25 to .05 on a S+ 1994 machine?
Is it, change the coin head to .05 7 replace the hopper from one that gives out .25 to a hopper that gives out .05?
If this is true, then I will have to post on Want to Buy.

Renee
IFFV68
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 01:00:17 AM »

i just saw another post on this topic.

Looks like i need a .05 hopper & coin head
renee
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 02:34:08 AM »

You don't need a whole nickel hopper but it would make denomination changes much easier. propeller
To change a hopper from a .25 cent to a .05 cent hopper - all you need is a nickel shelf
and adjust the knife so it sits on top of the shelf to pick up the nickels that travel over it.

Quarters are thinner than nickels so the slot needs to be changed.
They won't slide in...I've seen people stick a thin washer in between
with the screws holding the back plate a touch loose.
I remember someone selling a nickel conversion kit on fleabay but I don't know who. Scratch Head 2
I'd place an ad in the classifieds section of NLG for this stuff!  yes

Finally, you need the proper SET chip for your SP game chip to set the denomination to a nickel.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 04:16:14 PM »

If your machine is a slant top, you'll need a new escalator for the coins, too.

Also, you need the SET chip that Bunker mentioned if you have a bill validator -- you don't need it if there's no validator.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.