Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 07:26:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Using set denomination programs to set up bill valuators?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Using set denomination programs to set up bill valuators?  (Read 8301 times)
Jackpot
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 124

I buy-Sell-Restore & have parts for older slots

« on: June 03, 2010, 04:31:00 AM »

Are there different set denomination programs for the S-Plus with embedded bill valuator? I can get this to go to 9 1 enabled, and then self test and set denotation at .25 cent, then self test and power off. But the bill valuator doesn't light or work. It does with a different MPU and mother board in this same machine? I was told that the mpu and mother board I was trying to set up did work with a bill valuator before in a different machine but now I can get it to work in this one. Anyone have any ideas like, are there a couple different visions of set programs?
Thanks
Jackpot  Scratch Head Scratch Head

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 06:26:19 PM »

Yes, there is more than one SET chip program for the IGT S+.  Certain SP chips require certain SET chips.  What SP chip number are you trying to enable the bill validator for, and what what SET chip number do you have?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 10:52:43 PM »

We have also seen in the past, (my case) that a clear was needed. But that is a last resort. Waiting for chip info as requested above.
Jackpot
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 12:20:22 AM »

Yes, there is more than one SET chip program for the IGT S+.  Certain SP chips require certain SET chips.  What SP chip number are you trying to enable the bill valuator for, and what what SET chip number do you have?

Well I been looking for these answers, but guess what, SP number is wore or riped off. So I loaded the SP into my buffer to see if I could find the SP number in there, but I don't see it listed in the buffer editor either. I don't know which set program I have, so I loaded it into the buffer editor also and in there the only thing I could find was a: SS + 000. I don't think this is a set denomination version number is it? The Reel eprom is a SS 3512 and this is a S-Plus "Triple Play" but I can't read the SP number it's gone, and I can't find it in the program burners buffer editor? Any ideas? Where can I find which set program I need for a certain SP program, in the PSR's for whatever SP number this is, is that how you determine which Set program to use?

Edited to fix broken quote tag. -knagl
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 04:52:41 AM by knagl » Logged

Jackpot
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 12:21:28 AM »

Well I been looking for these answers, but guess what, SP number is wore or riped off. So I loaded the SP into my buffer to see if I could find the SP number in there, but I don't see it listed in the buffer editor either. I don't know which set program I have, so I loaded it into the buffer editor also and in there the only thing I could find was a: SS + 000. I don't think this is a set denomination version number is it? The Reel eprom is a SS 3512 and this is a S-Plus "Triple Play" but I can't read the SP number it's gone, and I can't find it in the program burners buffer editor? Any ideas? Where can I find which set program I need for a certain SP program, in the PSR's for whatever SP number this is, is that how you determine which Set program to use?  Cry Laughing

Oh....I did run A RAM CLEAR in this but I still could not get the set program to take so that is would light up and turn on a known working bill valator.
Jackpot

coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 12:34:10 AM »

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm

follow these instructions and you can tell us your SS and SP chip
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 12:57:20 AM »

I think I got him fixed up with a SP1271 and a 90 set. 

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Jackpot
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 04:05:20 AM »

Thanks for everyones help, and interest on this one! Buzz worked his magic and got me all fixed up on it, and now all is well with a bill valuator that lights up the night! I don't know why I was haveing so many problems with this one, but a different SP and SS and set did the trick. I received some really good information and links here in the process. Super Good, Kind, Help, it brings tears to my eyes. OK-OK cool it, but thanks again.......................... I love a good success story, and it's it really wonderfull when its..... your success story!

Jackpot

Hail Clap yummy yes Hippo Dance magic magic

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 04:54:02 AM »

Great!  Congratulations on getting your bill validator back up and running!   applause

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
cfh
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 113

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 09:05:32 AM »

Any comments on this link? does it look correct?
http://www.pinballninja.com/?p=2269
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 12:03:04 PM »

It's a very good help pictorial CFH!
Who the heck is Ninja, you? ("Ninja says this, Ninja says that, etc, etc" )  bust gut laughing
I learned something new though, I didn't know pinball guys didn't like slots?? arrow
I like both kinds of machines really... yes
cfh

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 01:03:38 PM »

pinball guys HATE slot machines.
pinball is all about skill.
slots are all about luck.
and there lies the controversy.

also the image of slots as "old lady machines"
doesn't help the pin boys. and the "why would i gamble
with my own money" thinking again doesn't help.
"playing slots at home is like kissing you sister - where exactly
are you going with that?" 

And finally, when pinball was made illegal, it was
a time when pinball was considered gambling.
and ever since then, pinballs have tried to separate themselves
as a skill game. It's been a long road, and because of it,
slots piss off a lot of pinball guys.

anyway that's what i hear from a lot of pinball guys.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 02:37:24 PM »

LOL!! I must be a rare breed then because I love tinkering with both!  rotflmao
I find it really cool to create modifications to these machines.
It's especially exciting when the mods actually work!
For me, it enhances the playing experience.
Jackpot
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 02:53:35 PM »

If it's true that pin guys hate slots, I love them both, so I am afraid to see what my label is going to be? I have been into slots from back in 1969, but I do like a pin once in awhile also, but they are big and take a large foot print. My Pinball dude, sends me his slot people and I send him my pin people. He can concentrate on pins and I can concentrate on slots. It's all a good thing. I have never heard all this back and forth pin people hating slots and slot people hating pins stuff, but I guess I live under a rock out in the rain.
Jackpot

stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking ttth

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 04:42:36 PM »

Any comments on this link? does it look correct?

Good to see you back, Clay.

A few comments, since you asked:

- I have only had to use my clear chip once ever.  I've changed batteries more than once (completely removing the old battery and then soldering on a new one), and I generally have not had to use the clear chip, so it's not a given that removed battery = must use clear.

- I would move the sentence, "Install the Set chip into the Game PROM socket." AFTER the sentence, "Now that the clear is done, it’s time to do the Set procedures."

- "Picture of the game’s diagnostic/test button. Sometimes it’s hard to find on IGT S+ models. There’s minimal consistency in this switch’s location."  95% of the machines I've seen have the button where it is in your picture.  A handful have the self-test button sticking out of the back of the power switch (instead of the front).  On some early models the power switch is down near the hopper, but the self test button is always right next to the power switch.  I've never seen or heard of the self-test button being anywhere else.  Edit: see posts below

- Different SP chips support different denominations.  Newer SP chips allow for penny ("1") denomination, so you may want to avoid saying that it defaults to $0.05.

- At the 61 code, you must push and hold the self-test button for a few seconds to get the "ding" and the 61-1.  Just pressing the button once will not advance it to a 61-1.

Overall, that's a great guide to doing a battery change and clear/set.  It will be very useful for the newbies!   applause
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 07:20:45 PM by knagl » Logged

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 06:24:16 PM »

kangl  sorry to tell you this but on a early S+ that has the MPU mounted to the left side of the machine, The power switch is right behind the coin tray, ( To the right of center ) and the test button is mounted to the   left side of the machine right in front of the MPU

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 06:46:20 PM »

There's a few older S+ machines at work that have the test switch located right on
the MPU tray holder in between the connectors that go out to the door.
Again, these MPU trays are located on the left side of the machine and the
power switch is on the floor on the right side of the hopper slide guides.
Jackpot
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 07:16:00 PM »

After imbedded bill Acceptors showed up, they had to move the tray to the back wall, and move the reels to the left to make room for the bill valuator unit. Before that, S slots had the mpu on the back wall, and S-Plus slots had them on the left side wall.
Jackpot
 spam

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 07:20:01 PM »

I knew that the power switch was on the "floor" of the machine on those early ones -- I didn't realize that the test button wasn't with it, though.  I stand corrected.

(That said, the majority of the S+ machines have the power switch, and the test switch, in the upper-right corner.)

cfh

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 09:01:53 PM »

Most changes made. The diag/test switch position is hard to word...
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 09:11:49 PM »

I hated the test switch being behind the power switch box under the tray on an old S+.
So...I un-plugged the machine from the wall outlet, then took off the
power switch box, drilled a hole into the left front of it, moved
the test button to the new hole and re-installed the power switch box.
The Test switch is now in front where I want it!!!!  rotflmao
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.