Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:01:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Source for Ballly EM llightbulbs?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Source for Ballly EM llightbulbs?  (Read 5172 times)
golflover
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« on: June 07, 2010, 03:31:51 PM »

HI All:

I have a Bally Big Win 1 cent EM slot. I am in the process of bringing it out of a 1 year hibernation due to remodeling. It came back on line with several blown light bulbs. Does anyone have a good source for lightbulbs for the EMs? i was able to pick up the 63 series at the auto store and they are working fine. The coin indicator lights (there are 12) I thought were N44's and I got those at Radio Shack but they were on for a few spins and then burned out.

Also for the inside of the machine can anyone recommend good cleaners? From sitting the inside coin mechs and slides seem a bit discolored. I sprayed Contact cleaner on the coin mech and the coin switches. That loosened them up and the coins are going in and registering with only a few getting stuck.  On occasion the coins hang up and a slight tap makes it drop and advances the coin indicator light. As this is a 6 coin machine it can get frequent and I don't want the guts to get damaged from the tapping on the machine.

The coin entry coil chatters on occasion all so. I have the Mead book and it states to hit it lightly with a small hammer to demagnetize the coil. Doesn;t sound like a good idea to me although the book has been helpful so far.  Any  one have a better way to prevent the chatter?

Thanks to everyone in advance.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 05:54:30 PM »

I'll betcha Foxsslots has everything you need!  yes
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 09:05:28 AM »

One cent machines are hard to get a good coin acceptance rate. The problem is the weight of a penny. Same issue with the dime.
Usually people convert them to nickle or quarter machines.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
golflover
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 10:36:44 AM »

I kind of figured it was due to the weight of the penny. When i got the machine years back I stock piled a whole mess of "old" pre- 1975 pennies. Since the new ones are no longer all copper and mostly zinc. The lighter weight I knew then would be a problem.  My goal is to get a nickle and a dime EM so i can loose all my pocket change in my "banks".. Cry Laughing
max bet
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 12:33:39 PM »

I also have a BIG WIN penny machine.  I have not had any difficulty with it accepting pennies (although I had to tweak the 10 cent coin acceptor slightly).  
My coin divertor assembly also chatters sometimes.  It is a combination of the the divertor plate (hinge) worn loose along with the old vibrating coil.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 05:40:32 PM by max bet » Logged
Jeff99
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 08:04:04 PM »

I buy my lights from http://www.centsibleamusements.com  .  He seems to have good prices and if you want LED substitutes he has those; though they seem to be a little too white for my taste.  Kinda odd our perception of a correct looking play field is in the yellow spectrum.
Jeff

Jeff
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 01:26:26 AM »

You can pull your coin lockout armature out, and hit the rough spots with a file to clean it up.  Loosen the 2 screws holding the 'holder', and pull off the spring, and you can remove it fairly easy.  You can smack it with a hammer then, without doing damage to the machine.
You can often temporarily stop the coil chatter by just pulling the handle forward an inch to open the dashpot, and that kills power to the coil.  When you release handle often that stops the buzzing, and you're good to go.
markb
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 07:27:05 AM »

gameroomguys ebay
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.