e4 error

(1/1)

rjpohl:
I have a pachislo with a stubborn E4 error.  I've performed the reset procedure dozens of times.   It did clear one time for a short period of play but then returned.  Do they batteries like IGT's that need relplacing from time to time.

thanks for any help.
Bob

StatFreak:
I cannot see a battery in my machine, but then again, I've never broken the seals and pried open the plastic boxes that house the circuit boards. There could be one in a location that I cannot see.

The error might depend on the manufacturer of the machine. From what I've read, E4 could be a RAM error or a hopper error, or possible something else.
My first thought would be to check and replace the cheap transformer that they tack on to these machines to adapt them to 115VAC.
If this problem seems to happen when coins are being paid out, then look at the hopper.

After that, I'd check the pachislo forum, http://www.pachitalk.com/
Their search doesn't allow two characters, so use Google instead:

Go to Google and type this:

E4 site:pachitalk.com

You will get about 21 hits.

Hope this helps,

Stat :31-

StatFreak:
Here is one answer from their board. Note that it only applies to this particular manufacturer.

Have you tried to reset the machine with the key and set the difficulty level again? Maybe it is the memory. Machines made by Yamasa have very weak capacitors and the difficulty settings memory can reset within few days if the machine is not used. If this fixes the problem you don't have to worry about the capacitors. Memory reset does not any harm to the machine. The error can be just little annoying if you play the game only a once a week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index