Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:39:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Other Arcade Games
| | |-+  Touchscreen on megatouch responds wrong
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Touchscreen on megatouch responds wrong  (Read 3532 times)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« on: December 22, 2011, 12:09:32 PM »

I have a megatouch maxx game that when it comes up for ready to play, I touch the game I want to play but it does not repond. Now if I come closer to the bottom right of the screen, it selects a game but it is the wrong game. I have changed the touchscreen contrlloer but still have the same problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

David
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 12:13:43 PM »

My reel touch does this occassionally and I go to the calibration screen in the menu under LCD settings and reset it. Does your game have this option?
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 12:31:22 PM »

it does, but on the calibration screen when I put my finger on the screen to move the curser, it also responds wrong.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 12:45:36 PM »

Do you just touch the screen where the Xs are or do you slide your finger across the screen? On mine it has an X in each corner and one in the middle. I just touch each one as it highlights them and then save the changes. I'm not at all familiar with your type of game, so just guessing here. Could be that you have a bad touchscreen I guess. What's the temperature in the room where the game is? Cold temps will have a huge effect on operation too.
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 01:27:59 PM »

on mine, you have to touch the X, then you have to do so again one or two more times. After that you touch the X and move it across the screen.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 01:56:58 PM »

Hmmm, if it"s warm enough in the room for normal operation I guess I would suspect a bad screen or connection between the screen and controller, but like I said, I have no experience with your particular type of machine. Hopefully we'll get other opinions here soon
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 03:14:05 PM »

One hand on some metal part of the machine, other hand for touch screen and see what happens.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 06:58:22 PM »

Also make sure that the bezel around the monitor isn't pressing down hard on the edges of the screen -- you can get some weird results when it is.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
RECROOMGUY
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 01:17:25 PM »

If you are using a used touch screen, after calibrating it still is not right, you more than likely have a bad touch screen. The controllers do not have anything to do with the actual spot on the screen you are touching. That is all in the touchscreen glass itself. A bad controller is more than not no response from touching. If your inaccuracy in touching is consistent, like always a half inch left of what you want, I found a way to correct that. If that is the case, when you go to calibrate, touch the X to the opposite distance you are off. Say it is  half inch too far left, when you calibrate, touch the x half inch to the right. Other than that you need to change the touchscreen.  I'm less than an hour from where merit was in philly, so I work on these things a few times a week. Scott
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 07:57:41 PM »

make sure you have a good ground on the game
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.