Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:06:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors
| |-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Problem with Coin comparitor in IGT s+
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Problem with Coin comparitor in IGT s+  (Read 10482 times)
Silencedk
« on: August 07, 2010, 08:51:48 AM »

Hi Forum.

I'm new to this wonderfull forum wich already gave so much new information about my new IGT slot machine.
I have come across a tripple red/white/blue slot machine that have been made for american dollars and 25 cents.
The story goes it was on some kinda cruise ship, and somehow this one enden up as far a way as Denmark :-)

Everything works fine, but Now i have a few questions and one minor problem.
First I wanna know if there is any chance of having the bill validator accepting anything else than dollar bills ? (i think i know the answer is no , but i have to ask.)
Dollar bills are pretty rarer around here, and having to put coins in for each spin can be a pain in the long run...
If not, is there a way to trick the vallidator to believe a $100 dollar bill was inserted (fast way to add 400 credit)

I have set the coin comparitor up for a dansih coin "2 kroner" andthat works just fine , its aprx. the size of a quarter anyhow.
But once every 3 or 4 coin I enter goes right into the hopper whitout beeing accepted?.  Its not beeing rejected as if I put in a total different coin in (that will be going directly to the payout tray)
Its like it is beeing accepted but still didnt add a credit. I have tried to setup the comparitor for some tokens I use in another machine, but this produces the same problem, so i kinda ruled out the coins as beeing bad.

I have tried adjusting the little screw in the bottom right corner (although I have now idea what it does) and that didnt help.

Any suggestions ??

Cheers from a Happy IGT owner in Denmark.
Nick Jensen

* 777-0006-.JPG (97.82 KB, 406x578 - viewed 647 times.)

* 777-0005-.R.jpg (199.35 KB, 600x800 - viewed 607 times.)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 11:47:03 AM by StatFreak » Logged
TZtech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 09:07:45 AM »

Welcome to NLG Nick.

Depends on which BV is fitted - Just recently had a thread from another member in Europe who got his ARDAC IBA4 working on Euro's. Check which make and model the BV is and let us know. If different coins are being rejected the coin comparator is working correctly and the problem is more likely to be the optic board under the comparator. My first guess is that the platic coin guide may be to big for the coins you are using.

Ian
Silencedk
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 09:45:16 AM »

Hi. thx for fast reply :-)

The vallidator has a tag that says DBV-145-SS-6031-B022 , does that man anything to you ?

if there is optic, could it be in need of cleaning, as like in a dvd or blue ray player ?

I dont have a quater so I cant really compare it to my local currency, the tokens I have tried was i bit smaller and still  produced the same problem...

Maybe the easiest was to get hold of a few one dollar bill, could I then change the nomination to 0.01 instead of 0.25 to add 100 credit ?
I suppose 1 coin is still one credit... ?

cheers...
TZtech
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 11:13:18 AM »

Hello Nick

You have a really old JCM. I have had those accept South African notes so there may be software for other international currencies but cant be sure. Maybe wait for some other european owners to chime in (There are a few here). With the optics its the plastic spacer that seperates the 2 boards that needs to be changed.
You could also tokenize your machine so that 1 coin would give you 100 credits. This depends on your SPxxxx chip version.

Ian
gordy
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 24

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 08:12:22 AM »

It's called a 25c encoder IGT  In a pinch maybe you could shim the sides to make the coin see the optics consistently, but I've never tried it.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 10:04:49 AM »

A quarter is 24.26mm in diameter

Hope that helps you out.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 11:54:06 AM »

Welcome to NLG Nick wave

Your machines was upside down. I turned it over for you. propeller

It looks like you've got plenty of help with the coin optic issue.

If you can't get the right international software for your DBV, and if you have at least one $1 bill that you can use, you could set the machine denomination to 1 cent. That would get you 100 credits for the single bill.

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 12:51:30 PM »

As Ian stated above, You could also tokenize the game for 1 coin to 100 credits by replacing the Game Chip, if you post the current Game Chip installed in the board we could tell you if possible to either set the game at 1 cent or tokenize the game for coin =100 credit, either way you would need an uncommon Set chip, we can help with that though

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 06:54:51 PM »

Hi Nick.  Welcome to  nlg.

if there is optic, could it be in need of cleaning, as like in a dvd or blue ray player ?

No.  If the optics were dirty enough that they weren't seeing coins, the machine would tilt and give you an error message.

I dont have a quater so I cant really compare it to my local currency, the tokens I have tried was i bit smaller and still  produced the same problem...

As TZTech mentioned, below the coin comparator is a set of three enclosed optics that the coin passes through.  There is a plastic guide inside the optic enclosure that guides the coins past the optics.  If the coins or tokens you are using are smaller than a US quarter, it is possible that the guide is not pushing the coins over far enough so that they break the optics each time, telling the machine to give you a credit.  As gordy suggested, you may be able to shim that guide to force the coins over into the path of the optics.

Maybe the easiest was to get hold of a few one dollar bill, could I then change the [de]nomination to 0.01 instead of 0.25 to add 100 credit ?
I suppose 1 coin is still one credit... ?

Unless you use a chip that supports tokenization, one coin equals one credit.  I agree with the others who have said that the easiest thing you could do is simply change the denomination to 1 cent, then the $1 bill you have would give you 100 credits every time you put it in.

Although unlikely, your game may already have a chip in it that supports tokenization.  If you can let us know which SP (Game) chip you have in there, we can tell you if it does or not.  You can determine your SP chip by following the instructions found here.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.