Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 12:56:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  3802 board programming error for Triple play poker software
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3802 board programming error for Triple play poker software  (Read 4634 times)
azvictorigt
« on: August 14, 2010, 03:31:18 AM »

Good evening, i would like to know if someone can help me with this issue that I just ran into for the first time.  I have three IGT Triple Play poker games on 3802 MPU board platform with 13 inch touchscreen CRT monitors.  When I turn the machine on, it seems like the board is going through its initial boot up process, but i am only getting scattered lines and square pixilation on the screen in different colors. Ive tried all three boards and a few different monitors in case I had defective software or monitors, but I am getting the same results.  So ultimately, I am assuming this is normal to see and it probably requires initial programming.  There is a key switch on the 3802 board that I don't have the key for.  Don't know if I am suppose turn that key to do the initial set up?  This Older Game King platform issue is new to me.  If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it.  HELP..... Help
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 09:54:53 AM »

If they are known good MPU boards, then itt is probably corrupt software. I had the same type of screen with a corrupt PXL Simm with the 3902. Its strange that all three sets would be like that unless of course, the master file was corrrupt before the eprom burn.

Dan (tacman)

azvictorigt
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 04:01:21 AM »

Thanks for the info.  Here's a pretty stupid question.  Heres's a picture of the 3802 board and game chip set.  The 40 pin socket has no chip. I should safely assume this is the base chip and I am missing it?  And if so, is there any way to identify what 40 pin base chip I need. All three boards are missing this 40 pin chip.  This is the Triple Play Draw Poker software. 

4 Chips
1 of 4 c0000517
2 of 4 c0000517
3 of 4 c0000517
4 of 4 c0000517

2 Game Chips
Game 1 1 of 2 G0001783
Game 2 2 of 2 G0001783

Thank you for any help

* 3802 board.jpg (1437.57 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 262 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 07:15:07 AM »

Yes, you're missing the BASE chip -- without that, I wouldn't expect to get anything on the screen as the game essentially is missing its operating system.

I don't know what chip number you need, but I'm sure someone here will chime in to help you with that.  The good news is that the Triple/Five/Ten play chips are generally pretty easy to come by.  You could also try posting a Want To Buy message in the classifieds section to grab the attention of one of the vendors who can hook you up with the right chip.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 10:12:42 AM »

My list shows the base eprom to be M0000764. Check with the vendors above, someone should have it.

Dan (tacman)

azvictorigt
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 10:43:47 PM »

Thanks, for the help from both of you.  I really appreciate it the input.  I will look for that base chip and try it. Out of curiousity, I ve been reading back and forth conversations on the IGT e22 chip working on the 3802 board. Will it work?   Ive got one, but I have not tried it yet.

Thanks again
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.