Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 09:35:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  Top 5 Frequented NLG Forums
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Top 5 Frequented NLG Forums  (Read 2394 times)
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

« on: September 05, 2010, 01:17:54 AM »

There are a LOT of forums and a LOT of great material to sift through out here on NLG!  We have our favorite forums, forums that we skim from time to time, and some forums that we probably didn't know even existed!!

What are YOUR top 5 forums that you religiously hit every day?  Those that participate will get free beer tomorrow.   Cry Laughing

I've created a poll for this topic, because I'm somewhat of a data nerd.  StatFreak will probably dig this too.  bust gut laughing

Thanks,
Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 07:06:34 AM »

Hey Jason, I have a couple of tips that might interest you. wave

You can go to your profile (or anyone else's) and click on the "Show general statistics for this member." link. It's at the bottom of the box below the signature -- just above the "My Buddies" box.

The "Most Popular Boards by Posts" list will show you the boards that you (or the member you're viewing) have posted in the most. That's probably the quickest way to see what boards you most like to participate in. Of course, it doesn't show your reading  preferences.  arrow

The "Most Popular Boards by Activity" is not quite as straight forward. What that shows are the boards in which your (or the other member's) posts comprise the highest percentages of all of the posts on that board. It can be misleading. To use myself as an example: Hardly anyone else has posted in the "Emulators for Other Game Platforms" board, so my posts comprise a whopping 70% of all posts on that board! It's not that I have that many posts (I have seven), but that there are only ten posts on the entire board!  Tongue Out

------------------

Another place you can look is the stats page (click here). It has all kinds of cool information. Don't forget to expand the stuff at the bottom!

To get there on your own, go to the forum index page and scroll down to the bottom section called "Forum Stats". It is the fifth blue section from the bottom, just above the colorful "Users Online" section. You can either click on the link that reads "[More Stats]", or you can just click on the pretty blue/turquoise ball.

Keep in mind that some of the data have wide margins of error, or are dependent on member accuracy and participation or software design. Examples of the former would be the total number of posts and the member count, because deleted posts sometimes don't get subtracted*, and because sometimes someone will start to create an account and then fail to complete the process. Examples of the latter would be the male to female ratio and the "average online per day", because members don't always report their sex, and because the average online statistic includes all guests, including spiders and other web crawlers.

*That's also the reason that many members have post counts that don't match the number of actual posts. There also appear to be some other software issues that account for some of these anomalies.

Enjoy!

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 07:22:58 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 12:02:08 PM »

Nice!

I'm the #5 topic starter and my SNK thread is the #5 top topic by views!

I guess my repair logs are pretty popular. Cheesy

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 12:46:14 PM »

lol...I'm the #1 "Topic Responder"... arrow Duh! Cry Laughing rotflmao bust gut laughing
StatFreak

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 02:14:15 PM »

lol...I'm the #1 "Topic Responder"... arrow Duh! Cry Laughing rotflmao bust gut laughing

As long as we're bragging, I've wasted err ah - "spent" more time on here than anyone else! Weird Eyes  Crazy
(That's 84 3/4 days I'll never get back!  Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing  ...and THAT's only since 9/08. frying pan Help bust gut laughing)

SF garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 02:23:55 PM »

As long as we're bragging, I've wasted err ah - "spent" more time on here than anyone else! Weird Eyes  Crazy
(That's 84 3/4 days I'll never get back!  Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing  ...and THAT's only since 9/08. frying pan Help bust gut laughing)

SF garfield

Cry Laughing                          Cry Laughing                               Cry Laughing                                Cry Laughing

I think some people on this forum needs to get a life.

Opps that probably means me too. rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Ron (r273)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 08:39:58 PM »

I like the story about Jay's teenage kid calling this website "No Life Games"... rotflmao
StatFreak

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 08:57:21 PM »

I had a life, but I had to give it up because the hours were killing me. Crazy

©2010 David garfield

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.