Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 01:09:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  how to perform reel strip test???
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how to perform reel strip test???  (Read 4661 times)
rjpohl
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 103

« on: November 16, 2008, 09:13:18 PM »

I have a sp1271 game chip, all credits are off machine, I pressed test button until "5" was displayed in "coins played".  How do I get the reels to spin and perform the reel strip test??? 

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 11:22:51 PM »

with the door open, turn the reset key once.
Now, every time you click on the play button will give you a number on the 1st reel.
example: click the play button 8 times will put an eight in the box meaning you are one the eight'd symbol on the reel strip.
turn the reset key one more time after you set the 1st reel to get to the second reel.
Again, every push of the play button gives you a symbol number. Set that to...let's say 8
Now, turn the reset key again once and you are now in the 3rd reel strip.
Push the play button again, say 8 times to get an eight in the box.
Now turn the reset key once and the reels spins all the reels to the 8th symbol on the reels!
Now, pushing the play button gives you the value of the symbols shown on your payline.
I think one push will give you the lowest payout and another push of the play switch button gives you the highest payout amount.
For fun, enter a "0" for all three reels. When you turn the reset key, you'll get the overlap reels strip edge on the payline!
rjpohl
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 103

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 11:52:33 PM »

your instructions were great, easy to follow. 
what do you mean by "value of the symbols"?
What can you do if a symbol is not stopping centered on payline??  There doesn't seem to be any adjustment for the reel optics.
Karma to Stayoutadabunker, thanks Bob

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 12:09:08 AM »

well,
The "Value" I referred to was when after you programmed where you wanted the reels to stop at.
Turning the reset again once would give you the "value" of credits you would win on the credit display.
I copied an excerpt from my SP1271 PSR :

Test <5>   
Allows the operator to view the upper and lower virtual limits for all the reels by inputting the physical stops. 
Turn the jackpot reset key to enter the reel-strip test. 
To operate the reel-strip test, the physical stops for all the reels must be entered. 
To input and increment the physical stop, press the Spin Reels button. 
Winner Paid window = physical stop.  Credits window = reel number. 
To select the next reel, turn the jackpot reset key. 
After selecting the physical stop for the last reel, turn the jackpot reset key to spin the reels to the entered physical stops.  Winner Paid window = lower virtual limit.  Credits window = upper virtual limit. 
The virtual limits alternate with the reel number.
 To view the next reel, press the Spin Reels button.

ADD>>> If you go to "test" and press it to get a "4" in "coins played", I believe turning the reset key moves the reels to all the possible winning combinations starting with the jackpot.
Each time you turn the reel or press the play button moves to the next lower win and so on and so on ,until the last possible lowest/win on the award glass (some games give you a credit for "blank")
Would you like a PSR for your SP1271 chip? There's a lotta info in there that ma help ya
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 12:18:12 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 01:38:57 AM »

ADD>>> If you go to "test" and press it to get a "4" in "coins played", I believe turning the reset key moves the reels to all the possible winning combinations starting with the jackpot.
Each time you turn the reel or press the play button moves to the next lower win and so on and so on ,until the last possible lowest/win on the award glass (some games give you a credit for "blank")
Would you like a PSR for your SP1271 chip? There's a lotta info in there that ma help ya

Unfortunately no. It is test 4, not test 5 that displays the winning amounts of the various combinations. What you are describing here is the way the S+ shows winning values in test 4 on older SP chips like SP731. The procedure that you described in the earlier post is what replaced this in the SP1271. Personally, I like the older 731 era method better.

The test <5>  procedure that you describe above is to display the virtual stops for each physical stop and the procedure is almost the same as test 4. Again, with the older SP chips the machine used to spin to each physical stop and display the numbers by just pressing the spin button -- easier than the newer SP chips.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 01:46:53 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 12:52:14 AM »

Thanks for the correction Stat...I both new AND old chips and I like how simple the older chips are to use.
The newer chips are MUCH more complicated and have a LOT more accounting stuff!
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 12:04:41 PM »

Gee, I somehow missed replying to a few topics. They just fell through the cracks. My bad. slap

Anyway, I agree with you about the ease of using the older chips. I much prefer to just press the spin button and have the machine spin to each winning combination in descending order. Having to set each position sucks, especially if you don't know what position numbers you want. I also like having the song selections available on the older chips.

But the newer chips have all that juicy accounting information, and they count up credits much faster. So I remain torn. hissy fit

The closest to having both worlds is the SP1048 because it allows the song selection, has the new accounting and allows separate hopper, credit, and jackpot limits. But it also requires the elaborate key turning to display the winning combinations and virtual stops and still uses some of the DIP switches. There's no perfect SP chip. no

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.