Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:20:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  Stat Freak Wanted
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stat Freak Wanted  (Read 11923 times)
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 624

« on: September 29, 2010, 10:18:51 PM »

arrow

I was playing several 3902 games and thought of something.     The first reel only spins for 10 or so spaces.   Is there an actual reel that someone could memorize and guess what is coming next? 

How many images are there ?      I never seem to see patterns repeat. 

I'm just thinking aloud.   muted
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 10:56:37 PM »

Now serving #480.  Now serving #480...  (Munch, you're 481 Tongue Out)

"...and several butcher's aprons. And now, BBC4 will explode." M. Python.

Now serving #481. frying pan

I don't own a Game King, but I suspect that they only animate as much as is needed of the virtual strip. They don't have draw every symbol in order. They might also be using teaser strips for the spin.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 11:07:11 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 11:02:19 PM »

Keep in mind that I don't know for sure, but I do know how to program animation.

This COULD be what they're doing:

Let's say that we number the symbols in reverse order, so that the numbers increase as the "reel" spins in the "window".
25  ]
24  ]  Center line in the "window"
23  ]

Let's say your last spin landed reel one of five on the center line symbol 24 of 32. They would draw symbols #25, 24, 23 in the window, as seen above.

Now let's say that the next spin requires symbol 14 of reel one to land on the center line. Instead of animating everything from 26 to 32 and then 1 through 15, they could jump straight to 6 and animate ten symbol changes.

So what you would see would be the following, ending with symbols 15,14,13 in the window. It would appear seamless to the player.

15   ]
14   ]
13   ]
6    < start new spin with this symbol
25  ]  <  top symbol on last spin.
24   ]
23   ]

They could also do the reverse: Animate symbols 26-32 and then 13-15. It wouldn't matter.
If they chose to use teaser strips, then they would just substitute the teaser symbols for positions 6-12 in my example.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 11:10:14 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 12:34:49 AM »

Munch,
What I'd like to see is a video slow-mo of these spinning animations on youtube for us here!  Tongue Out
StatFreak

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 12:46:43 AM »

Munch,
What I'd like to see is a video slow-mo of these spinning animations on youtube for us here!  Tongue Out

Agreed. Especially if you can get a few dozen spins and if we can dig up the correct PAR sheet for the game and percentage you're running. yes

jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 12:59:14 PM »

What a great idea to slow down the video. 

I'd like to investigate this and see what's going on.    I'm also going to look in the play history.  It shows the last couple of spins with the virtual reel stops.  It may shed some light on what's going on.
StatFreak

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 06:43:45 PM »

What a great idea to slow down the video. 

I'd like to investigate this and see what's going on.    I'm also going to look in the play history.  It shows the last couple of spins with the virtual reel stops.  It may shed some light on what's going on.

To do it properly, you would want to speed up the video recorder during filming. It would then play back at normal speed in slow motion and would still have all of the detail. If your camcorder can't do that, then we'll have to settle for a slowed-down video.

jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 11:42:14 AM »

Here's the best I can do in slo-mo

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KQ0rkIrzt_w&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/KQ0rkIrzt_w&rel=0</a>
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 01:08:03 PM by jdkmunch » Logged
StatFreak

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 07:28:47 PM »

Munch, the video is private. You can either pm me an invitation to view it or make it public. Also, I'll need to know the SG and SB chips you have and the percentage you've chosen.

jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 09:03:46 PM »

Oh I'm sorry -   I fixed it.

I think the virtual reels are just so large that it's hard to know what's coming next. 

I can track from the video how many spaces the reel will move with each spin.  What I have to do now is look at the past play history and look at the virtual stops to see what's going on.  I'm going to guess that the random number generator picks what symbol appears on the reel. 

So in other words each time you play the reel strip changes. 

Reel 1

each time you play it generates a new strip.

daddy2yea
Mike
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 10:05:21 PM »

Hey, jdkmunch I don't  if this helps, but if you open door and hit the white button to get to the menu screen then go to Diagnostics - GameTests - PaytableTest - then the  percent you have your machine set at you'll see that you can nudge the strips up or down one symbol at a time. Then you can see how many symbols are on each virtual reel, and what pattern there in.
Mike
daddy2yea
Mike
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 10:18:52 PM »

FYI  Just checked my Tailgate Party and theres 46 symbols on each virtual reel.
Mike
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 02:03:38 AM »

Each time they stop, the music sounds like an introduction to a big movie scene from outer space!  Tongue Out
StatFreak

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 04:56:19 AM »

Oh I'm sorry -   I fixed it.

I think the virtual reels are just so large that it's hard to know what's coming next. 

That's not relevant. You should be writing down or otherwise documenting the spin data as I describe below. Keep in mind that there is more than a good chance (especially for the animation of the first reel) that they are skipping symbols to "get to the chase". They may also be using alternate "teaser" symbols during the animation.

I can track from the video how many spaces the reel will move with each spin. 

COMPLETELY irrelevant.

What I have to do now is look at the past play history and look at the virtual stops to see what's going on.  I'm going to guess that the random number generator picks what symbol appears on the reel. 

Looking at the play history to document the final symbols (in order) that comprise each outcome would be useful.

So in other words each time you play the reel strip changes. 

Perhaps, but doubtful.  Scratch Head
See below.

Reel 1

I don't understand these data.  Scratch Head 2

(Continued in pt 2..)

StatFreak

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 04:57:11 AM »

(...Continued from pt 1)

each time you play it generates a new strip.

It's possible, but are you sure?

First, to reiterate what I've said before, I don't own one of these slots. Further I haven't got a SINGLE PAR SHEET for an I-Game video slot, so I have nothing to work with.
    S2000 and I-Game documents seem to be scarcer than hen's teeth. hissy fit

The video as uploaded is too blurry to see the symbols during the animation (spinning). If you can make them out in the original, you're set. Otherwise, you won't be able to assess what they're doing during the spin at all. i.e., you'll only be able to prove or disprove half of your hypothesis: whether they use a fixed strip order or randomize the symbols on each strip. You will not be able to determine how or what symbols are being skipped or substituted in-between.

I can also tell you that two minutes of video isn't nearly enough data. You'll probably need ten to twenty times that much unless the strip order is fixed and they are using the same strips for the spin animation, in which case you'll be able to figure it out much faster.

Here's what I would look for, YMMV.

• First, you will need the PAR sheet showing the strip table for the specific SB chip and payout percentage that you've set. If a complete PAR (and not all copies are complete) does not document any specific order for the symbols, but only lists the number of each symbol on each reel, then there might be something to your hypothesis that the symbol order is randomized for each spin. REMEMBER: you might not have a complete PAR sheet document, so the fact that they are missing won't conclusively prove this.
    • Second, document the symbols & order for each final segment of strip seen at the conclusion of every spin for each reel. You you should be able to find the location of each segment on the strip listing in the PAR, and you should eventually be able to stitch the strip segments from the same reels together (although you won't need to because you'll have the PAR in front of you.)
    • Third, separately document the symbols & order of the animated portion of your video, excluding the first and final symbols that comprise the previous and following ending positions. You will then try to find these segments on the PAR strip listing. This task should be completely separate from the documentation of the final outcomes. If you can find them, then you should be able to figure out exactly what is being selected for animation on each spin. You may need to look at several (or several dozen) segments and compare the positions within the PAR listing to the their previous and subsequent outcomes to come to a conclusion as to precisely what they are doing. If these animated segments are not on the PAR listing, then that would tell you that they are using either a substitute set of strips for the animation, or that they are randomizing the animation. You'll have to document a lot of spin animations to come to a conclusion. You might even be able to piece together the second strip set, if one exists!!

IF you can't map the FINAL OUTCOME segments to the PAR, then your statement that the symbols on each strip are being randomized for each spin may be correct.

It should be possible to scramble the order of the symbols without affecting the number of paying combinations on each line, provided that symbols involved in multi-symbol pays are left intact** and as long as the available number of specific symbols on each reel remains constant.

In other words, each of the three selected "stops" would be removed from the pool of available stops before selecting the next. So if there were only two red sevens on the first reel in the virtual table, then one would never see more than two red sevens in the window on the first reel.

Finally, if that were not done (that is, all symbols remain available and one could end up with three red sevens stacked on the first reel even though there were only one red seven on the virtual strip) then you would have an 8-liner, only with 15 reels instead of 9.

**They would certainly not want to scramble the location of the three individual wilds that form a triple stacked wild (such as seen in Wolf Run and others).

As an aside, if the symbols are weighted and fixed in position (as they are with physical strips) then the symbol order matters a great deal, and can get complicated enough to require a computer to determine the strip order. This becomes necessary to ensure that at the end of the day, the number of virtual stops for each type of symbol is the same on every pay line in every position.

Let me know how it goes. yes

StatFreak garfield
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 08:11:28 AM by StatFreak » Logged

jdkmunch
    Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 09:34:57 AM »

Here's what started this:

I've played my Black Cherry for tens of thousands of spins.   Through all this play I now have a good idea of what combinations come out the most.  I can see the par sheet come to life and I enjoy it. 

I was playing the enchanted unicorn I-game and noticed that I couldn't remember ANY symbols on the strip.   No matter how much I played I could never match a pattern on the virtual reel strip. 

I then fumbled into the play history and saw this:  You have a history of every spin and the virtual stop number.  So from these two photos you can see that
    the 1st reel went from virtual stop 29 to virtual stop 75 in just one spin. 

This led to the question what is a virtual stop?   It clearly can't be a position on the strip cause from the video you can analyze that in fact it only does move a few symbols.    Or could it? if the "stops" are not in order.   Scratch Head

Anyway this is the stuff I think about when I play.    It keeps me from simply staring at the game and drooling on myself.   (although that can be fun sometimes too)

* photo 1.JPG (376.28 KB, 1296x968 - viewed 329 times.)

* photo 2.JPG (382.11 KB, 1296x968 - viewed 314 times.)
    jdkmunch
    Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 09:37:45 AM »

Stat - I am going to take your advice and document the reel.   
    StatFreak

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 09:59:05 AM »

I was playing the enchanted unicorn I-game and noticed that I couldn't remember ANY symbols on the strip.   No matter how much I played I could never match a pattern on the virtual reel strip. 

I then fumbled into the play history and saw this:  You have a history of every spin and the virtual stop number.  So from these two photos you can see that
    the 1st reel went from virtual stop 29 to virtual stop 75 in just one spin. 

Okay, but read what I said from the beginning. You CAN go from virtual stop 29 to virtual stop 75 in just one spin and only show 10 symbols. I've already explained multiple ways that  this can be done.

Only the final five symbols that come to rest mean anything. There are two possibilities:
    1) They are always in a fixed order that matches the PAR listing (e.g., stops 72,73,74,75,76 showing)
    2) There is no fixed order virtual strip and the five symbols are scrambled at random, but according to probability,
         and without any stop being used more than once. (e.g. stops 18,20,74,2,41 showing)

This led to the question what is a virtual stop?   It clearly can't be a position on the strip cause from the video you can analyze that in fact it only does move a few symbols.    Or could it? if the "stops" are not in order.   Scratch Head

That's Wrong. The strips can be in order and it can skip drawing the unneeded symbols in-between. Again, read my earlier posts.

Anyway this is the stuff I think about when I play.    It keeps me from simply staring at the game and drooling on myself.   (although that can be fun sometimes too)

obsessed drool obsessed drool Weird Eyes Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

Hey, me too. propeller  Before joining NLG (had to make my own PAR sheets), I had analyzed (correctly, btw) every game I had, including the re-spin games, with the exception of Haywire Deluxe. I was sure that the virtual stops dictated whether or not there was a Haywire, but I couldn't lock it down. So I gave up and decided to just try to figure out the odds of them happening. I printed a colored spreadsheet with every possible payout outcome on it and ticked off every single win in the appropriate row. I taped the paper to the award glass and did that for months (and several sheets of paper). If nothing else, if gave me something to do while I was trying to hit the jackpot. arrow frying pan
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 10:51:10 PM by StatFreak » Logged

jdkmunch
    Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2010, 10:05:45 AM »

That's Wrong. The strips can be in order and it can skip drawing the unneeded symbols in-between. Again, read my earlier posts.

I know that this is possible but is this in fact what's happening? 
    StatFreak

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2010, 10:13:14 AM »

I know that this is possible but is this in fact what's happening? 

You'll have to run my experiment in reply 14 to find out.  Tongue Out
    Read it carefully.
    You have two separate objectives. Don't confuse the two.

StatFreak

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2010, 10:13:39 AM »

By the way, you got me thinking about what would happen if they scrambled the symbols on each reel instead of adhering to a specific order, given that they would still select the three symbols from a pool for each strip that had the same number of occurrences of each symbol (same weighting) as a specifically ordered virtual strip.

You know what happens?  Professor

It decreases volatility and increases hit frequency, while leaving the total payback percentage and the odds of hitting any individual line win unchanged !! 

To put it another way, you win more often BUT WIN LESS each time!

Does that sound familiar?  Homer Insane

See retraction post below.

So, now you've got me wondering. Scratch Head
    Of course, they can build the same design into a fixed strip, too.

Stat garfield
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 10:29:46 PM by StatFreak » Logged

jdkmunch
    Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2010, 10:19:02 AM »

Nerd I really find it interesting.  

Now for the important question -  it's 8AM here  -5AM by you?

Are you just waking up or going to sleep?   bust gut laughing
    StatFreak

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2010, 10:32:20 AM »

Nerd I really find it interesting.   

Now for the important question -  it's 8AM here  -5AM by you?

Are you just waking up or going to sleep?   bust gut laughing

Neither one. I posted the long-winded stuff, went to bed, and then started thinking about what would happen if the symbols were randomized. That kept me from going to sleep. After I ran the scenario in my head in the dark sleep frying pan, I decided to get up and post my discovery; then I found you here. I suppose I'll go back to bed at some point.  Crazy Duh!

daddy2yea
    Mike
    Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2010, 02:06:37 PM »

Hey, jdkmunch I don't  if this helps, but if you open door and hit the white button to get to the menu screen then go to Diagnostics - GameTests - PaytableTest - then the  percent you have your machine set at you'll see that you can nudge the strips up or down one symbol at a time. Then you can see how many symbols are on each virtual reel, and what pattern there in.
    Mike
    Hey try the above I believe it will answer some of your questions. Also based on your last picture I can tell you you have at least 97 symbols on each virtual reel. And In addition to Paytable test there is a Reel strip test. Hope this helps.
    Mike
    TZtech
    Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2010, 02:40:48 PM »

Hi Guys

Have a look at these - May prove usefull.

Ian

* I0001311.pdf (13.56 KB - downloaded 324 times.)
    * V0020979.pdf (66.01 KB - downloaded 245 times.)
    Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
    « previous next »
    Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
       New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
    Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
    We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
    We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
    In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
    who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
    you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.