Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 08:11:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S RAM ERR 51 to S+ IGT MIL machine
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S RAM ERR 51 to S+ IGT MIL machine  (Read 12447 times)
easternpinman
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: August 07, 2011, 10:19:59 AM »

I got 2 machines a Red White Blue and an Iron Horseman both started with low bat 61
RWB : battery was 0 changed with a good one 3,6 V and now I have ram err 51
IH : battery is about 2,6 v  but still have low bat 61 ,,,

I have some experience with the S+  at which 61 can be cleared wit the test button   but to those 2 I could not find any  test button  Help

I suppose the cpu must be reinitialised after battery change ,,,, and probably RAM memory cleared ,,,,but How ?  Help

both machines have also a small board with a IR led on the cabinet side with a hole in the cabinet  ,,,, what is the use of this ? see picture sboard.jpg

Marius

* RWB1.jpg (140.83 KB, 640x853 - viewed 235 times.)

* sboard.jpg (76.14 KB, 640x480 - viewed 238 times.)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:28:29 PM by easternpinman » Logged

easternpinman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 08:27:03 PM »

the MPU is a  slide assy  as to s+ and located at lower left side of the cabinet
I will put more picture on line with the inside cabinet
I have read the M+ comments but to this one could not find any test switch ,,,,,,,

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 08:33:46 PM »

Look what a quick Google search turned up.  propeller

Code 51 Ram Error

I didn't read through it, but your answer might be in there.

This error code seems to be used with Army chips.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
easternpinman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 02:44:15 PM »

for sure are army machines S+  this one seems to be Iron Horseman  but reels eprom : Victory
2 machines came from UK from an operator lying in a storage  probably were in the past used in an US MIL  base there
model I9934C
mfg 1994
sn 397740
Game Eprom
SP1045 std
reels U53
Victory
ARMP  is labeled to eproms

I still can not found any test swith,,, I do have a manual of S+ from here
http://www.slotsdirect.com/igtmanual.pdf
  but this MPU S +  board is with other connectors or only 2 connectors instead of 3 ,,,,
I have read the Code 51 Ram Error  comments but without a test switch I am stucked,,,,,,,,,,,,
 machine has a small board with an IR emitting LED picture ledb1.jpg
the wires to cab contact key are there just removed to short them with aligator (no key )

Does anybody have a schematic of this MPU ? to try find the test switch which was probably intentional omited for safety in MIL area or was only plugged by technician only when requested in one of the motherboard connectors ? left empty

* ledb1.JPG (71.92 KB, 640x853 - viewed 227 times.)

* epr.jpg (73.19 KB, 339x498 - viewed 217 times.)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:10:43 PM by easternpinman » Logged

easternpinman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 02:50:08 PM »

pics 2

display driver board eprom labeled IGT MIL

+ cabinet  and  the hole to the small IR LED board ( is a IR LED with a round magnifier glass so I asume is an emitter IR LED  ! receiver transistors do have a flat glass ! )

* dispdrv.jpg (150.41 KB, 640x853 - viewed 220 times.)

* cabr.jpg (91.45 KB, 640x480 - viewed 211 times.)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:09:45 PM by easternpinman » Logged

easternpinman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 02:53:36 PM »

pics3

* mpusp.jpg (133.64 KB, 640x480 - viewed 227 times.)

* inside.jpg (119.76 KB, 640x480 - viewed 248 times.)

easternpinman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 02:55:44 PM »

pics4

is datest label here !  and TEST label

* test.jpg (107.14 KB, 640x480 - viewed 218 times.)

* IH.jpg (156.49 KB, 640x853 - viewed 247 times.)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:08:20 PM by easternpinman » Logged

poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 03:53:25 PM »

I still can not found any test swith,,,

You should have a power toggle switch inside. On some machines, it's behind that.

Post a picture of the area with the reels.

<edit> After looking at the pictures, I can see the power toiggle. That other board may indeed have something to do with it. Mybe some special 'key' is needed. Can you post a clearer picture of it?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:29:44 PM by poppo » Logged
poppo

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 03:59:36 PM »

I suppose the cpu must be reinitialised after battery change ,,,, and probably RAM memory cleared ,,,,but How ?  Help

The battery maintains power to the CMOS chip. When you power up the machine, one of the first things it does, is compares the data in the CMOS to the data in the EEPROM on the motherboard (not the MPU). If they don't match, you will get a 61 (or in this case a 51). When you replaced the battery, it causes the CMOS to lose it's memory, and thus it no longer matched the EEPROM. The process of clearing the 61 (51) causes the machine to copy the EEPROM data back to the CMOS.
easternpinman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 04:27:12 PM »

the power switch is on the lower right side near the operator contact key ,, upper ledb1.jpg  and is nothing there
I will look to the reels area ,,,,,,,,,,,

You should have a power toggle switch inside. On some machines, it's behind that.

Post a picture of the area with the reels.
[/quote]

poppo

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 04:40:18 PM »

In a pinch, you can trace out the wire from J3 pin 13 on the motherboard (behind the MPU) and see where it goes. That is the self test button line. Or you might try sticking a jumper wire in there that you can short to ground. Just make sure you are on the right pin.

* selftest.jpg (92.98 KB, 305x595 - viewed 224 times.)
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 04:41:43 PM »

With the machine unplugged just in case, carefully feel or look behind the power toggle switch to see if there is a little white (or any color) push button switch. This is the location of the push button test switch on some IGT slots. This is what Poppo was trying to get you to do.

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
easternpinman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 04:54:49 PM »

,,,,,machine has a small board with an IR emitting LED picture sboard.jpg  on first post
+ cabinet  and  the hole to the small IR LED board ( is a IR LED with a round magnifier glass so I asume is an emitter IR LED  ! receiver transistors do have a flat glass ! )

on the the small board is an emitting IR LED + resistor  and  a small  rubber tube  on the LED case coresponding to the cabinet hole led1.jpg and cabr.jpg

POPPO this MPU has only J1 and J2 connectors I was explaining upstairs see MPUsp.jpg
I have tryied to locate this way but I need to have 2 mpu near and to compare near to the IC
Captain happy ,, I yes know the location   of the test switch and is like that I do have 1 s+ round top + 5 pcs S+  square top  to care for but this military machine is custom ,,thank for input anyway

15 years ago I have had stupid issue like this trying to repair a 17 " dell CRT monitor in fact mitsubishi chassis  the SMART GUYS FROM DELL HAVE CHANGED THE PINS ARANGEMENT  OF THE vga OUTPUT connector   so to have a custom extension dell vga cable ,,,, Scratch Head  of course monitor was with out cable ,,,,,
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:14:08 PM by easternpinman » Logged

poppo

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 06:57:32 PM »

POPPO this MPU has only J1 and J2 connectors I was explaining upstairs see MPUsp.jpg

Not the MPU, the motherboard (that the MPU plugs into).  J3 should be behind where the MPU plugs in, and the connector toward the front of the machine (since your MPU plugs in on the side).

J3 circled.

* mb.jpg (369.25 KB, 1208x556 - viewed 247 times.)
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 09:08:53 PM »

Very interesting.  You're the first person who has ever mentioned that IR port on the side of the machine -- I wonder what it was used for.  I wonder if IGT made a portable device with IR communication.

Does anyone know, could a standard S+ MPU board and (non-military) chips be used in these machines?  I presume you'd lose the scrolling LED display, but perhaps that'd be a solution for people stuck with this 51 error?  I'm just throwing an idea out there -- no idea if it would work or not.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
easternpinman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 05:05:18 AM »

Thanks poppo  for details !
Found the test switch it was hidden between the connectors ,I have started the first machine  takes credits and plays ,,,,I have not tested yet all features ,,,
Question  : I have the eproms kit from a double black jack + 3 reel strips + glass belly ,top , and I intend to put on the case of Iron Horseman which has the belly glass broken will this work ?
double black jack has bill acceptor Iron Horseman has not so bill acceptor setup is not required !
Can I change only the  reels eprom ? I will put here the codes on the double black jack eproms 

* panel.jpg (21.94 KB, 222x322 - viewed 489 times.)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:13:06 AM by easternpinman » Logged

poppo

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 10:09:16 AM »

Question  : I have the eproms kit from a double black jack + 3 reel strips + glass belly ,top , and I intend to put on the case of Iron Horseman which has the belly glass broken will this work ?
Can I change only the  reels eprom ?

The Double Blackjack is a a type 0 game. I'm not sure what Iron Horesman is a clone of. As long as it has a type 0 SP chip, then yes, all you have to do is change the reel chip. Do you know what SP chip it has?
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 12:32:17 PM »

Do you know what SP chip it has?

This one seems to be Iron Horseman  but reels eprom : Victory
Game Eprom
SP1045 std
reels U53
Victory
ARMP  is labeled to eproms

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 12:52:35 PM »

wow! I forgot about this...SP1045 is a 10-coin multiplier game!  yummy
I've never actually seen a PSR for this one... no
poppo

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 12:53:12 PM »

I saw that SP1045 posted earlier, but the original picture of the machine is a RW&B. So I don't know if we are talking about the same machine or not.  Scratch Head

My list of SP chips does not have the SP1045 listed, so I don't know what type it is.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 12:54:58 PM »

I was never really able to determine what "Type" this chip was when we we're looking at FrankA's Army machine.
Why this machine has a 3-coin award glass is baffling...
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 04:58:42 PM »

wow! I forgot about this...SP1045 is a 10-coin multiplier game!  yummy

I'm pretty sure that SP chips don't determine how many coins the game takes -- the SS chip does that.  The SP chip determines support for a certain number of coins/paylines.  For example, a SP1271 could run a 2CM Double Diamond game or a 3CM Double Diamond game -- it's all about the SS chip that is installed as to whether or not it accepts 2 or 3 coins.

I saw that SP1045 posted earlier, but the original picture of the machine is a RW&B. So I don't know if we are talking about the same machine or not.  Scratch Head

He stated that he has two machines, a RW&B and a "Iron Horseman".  He stated in the quote that I posted that the Iron Horseman game has a GAME EPROM of SP1045 and a REEL EPROM labeled "Victory", and he stated that he wants to put the Double Black Jack game kit into the cabinet that had the Iron Horseman game.

Just a shot in the dark, but since the majority of SP chips support type 0 games, I think he'll be fine to put his type 0 Double Black Jack SS REEL chip in there and give it a whirl.  More than likely that "Iron Horseman/Victory" game was just a boring type 0 game, so the SP chip will very likely work.

Edited to add: Thanks to some eBay sellers I was able to confirm that Victory appears to be a Type 0 game (similar to Double Diamond).  Here are some pictures I found on eBay:

* VictoryTop.jpg (91.81 KB, 800x600 - viewed 228 times.)

* VictoryBelly.jpg (56.47 KB, 800x410 - viewed 204 times.)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:06:23 PM by knagl » Logged

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 05:06:39 PM »

...and the reel strips for future reference.

* VictoryReelStrips.jpg (64.39 KB, 800x593 - viewed 198 times.)

easternpinman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 11:42:50 AM »

so  regarding the swap of Iron Horsemen  with  double black Jack  I suppose that also the display eprom has to be changed ??????

Meanwhile an artist has repaired the belly glass  of Iron Horsemen if someone needs the print file just let me know

to this machine on the upper payment glass IH has a 5 coin multiplier I have to start machine again and see how plays if is a Victory  or just a custom clone IH

* Iron Horsemen 495x232thumb .jpg (33.46 KB, 320x150 - viewed 444 times.)

poppo

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2011, 12:27:25 PM »

so  regarding the swap of Iron Horsemen  with  double black Jack  I suppose that also the display eprom has to be changed ??????

When you say 'display eprom', do you mean mean 'reel eprom'. If so yes. But as noted above since most likely both games are type 0, you can probably leave your SP chip in there. If it turns out it's not the right game type, I'm pretty sure you will get a 68 error (Non-compatible data PROM) meaning the reels chip does not match the game chip type.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.