Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2024, 04:16:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Other Reel Games
| | |-+  What kind of slot machine is this?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What kind of slot machine is this?  (Read 10171 times)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« on: December 21, 2011, 12:23:09 AM »

Just picked this machine up, can a member tell me what kind, year model it is?

Thanks,

David

* AAAAAAAAAAAA OLD SLOT.jpg (191.7 KB, 1280x1024 - viewed 282 times.)
OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 02:33:00 AM »

I am generally wrong but ...

The payout insert looks like a Caille design. Probably an early 30s since the later ones have more front plate design. Caille sold out to Buckley about 1940.

BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 03:28:06 AM »

Is it worth repairing? Should I restore it or just clean it up? Also, does something go in the middle round glass? Is there a tray to catch the nickels that goes in the bottom?
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 07:23:58 PM »

hell  I would just throw it out  please tell us where and when you,ll  throw  it out, all kidding aside ohio gamimg is right on the  money  yes please fix it  bet you,ll get 800 to 1000 for it
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 07:30:42 PM »

Are reproduction reel strips available fir that game? Is there a tray that goes in the bottom to collect the excess nickels? What type if lubricant should be used for the running gear inside the machine if any?

Thanks for the info on the slot,

David
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 08:11:36 PM »

you mean a cash box ?that comes out of back of slot , the 1st slot I owned was a blue one just like yours in the late 60,s, i paid 400 for it then that was a lot of cash back then
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 10:34:42 PM »

It just looks as if there is supposed to be a tray in the bottom of the machine. Are the nickels supposed to be showing in the round part in the middle of the slot machine?
marsonion
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 04:57:18 AM »

Your machine is a Caille Cadet from 1936-37. I have a nice blue one, a 5c like yours. It should have a hydraulic timer at the backside; some restorers/hackers put a mechanical clock with gears back there. Yes, there ought to be a rectangular metal box with a hole in the top to catch the nickels-- after the back door lock, that's usually the first part to go missing! Haha.

Nickels should dropfrom the escalator (the thing that shows three rising nickels to the right) into the round window area (called the "jackpot") every time you get a two-cherry payout. If that isn't happening, call me.

BTW the other respondents to your query have been correct on all points-- that's a first in my experience with Caille slots.

It just looks as if there is supposed to be a tray in the bottom of the machine. Are the nickels supposed to be showing in the round part in the middle of the slot machine?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:04:59 AM by marsonion » Logged
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 11:21:38 AM »

thank you for the information. On this slot, the nickels are not getting into the middle round window. Also, do you know if there is a bottom tray available for this machine, or should I just construct my own?

Thanks,

David
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 11:25:43 AM »

the payout tube has to be full 1st then nickels will go to jackpots behind the glass
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 11:42:26 AM »

So, just a matter of playing, and losing more nickels, or do I need to add nickels to the tube myself?
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 11:43:53 AM »

you can add them from top of payout tube
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 12:10:11 PM »

I will try that, thanks.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 03:11:55 PM »

for what its' worth:  I spoke to a person  about this machine and I was told that this machine was a Callie Doughboy,  cica. 1935/36.  not a very desirable  machine, very tempermental to adjust the hydraulic timer,  usually developed a small leak and the fluid would seep out, the composition of the  cylinder was "pot metal" and  could not be welded to repair.

parts are hard to find and value of the machine is 300/400 .

Jim 

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 04:37:32 PM »

I believe it is actually called a Cadet.
jbshocks
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 04:56:12 PM »

If you were to encounter a leak that needed welding of the pot metal I would try JB weld. 
marsonion
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 06:00:38 PM »

Yup, it's a Cadet, first manufactured in 1936 in Detroit by Caille Bros. after they got bought out by Fuller-Johnson. It is not a Doughboy-- those have squarish jackpots and were made in 1935. The design of the cabinet came from George W. Walker who later became a VP at Ford and came up with the first T-birds.

From the picture it appears you have a coin jam in the escalator. Remove the mech and you'll find that the escalator glass is held by two spring-loaded brackets. Slide the glass up and get those coins out of the way, then play the machine. Every double-cherry payout should also drop a nickel into the jackpot. A sliding trap door will close the JP when it's full, and then the reserve JP (upper half of the round chamber) will begin to fill up.

If Metal Form Products (818) 764-2680 is still in business, they might sell you a repro cash box.

I believe it is actually called a Cadet.
Droider
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 05:03:24 AM »

Hello, I just received a Caille Cadet, it was pretty hacked up inside from someone welding on the brackets, I went to a place in San Mateo and was able to pick up all the parts I needed, for a huge price. Good thing I didn't pay anything for it. Im not looking for any parts just pictures and information.

The pictures would be of the mech. All of it, I'm not able to pull the handle, it seams like something is bent or put of adjustment because if I center the horse shoe looking piece while pulling reel it works ok.

Any suggestions or pictures would be a great help,

Thanks,
Andrew from California
marsonion
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 05:19:33 PM »

This French site shows many pictures of a Cadet being disassembled:

http://www.flipjuke.fr/help-caille-cadet-1936-part-one-t59079.html

Pay particular attention to the right hand side view of the mech, because it is likely that is where your problems are. The linkage to the "horseshoe" up to the claw-like thing (the coin/trade check detector) is very critical; make sure all the pivot points and springs are in place and secure. The length of the bar that can be reset by loosening the two screws is important. The bottom roller pin it rides on (the one with two springs attached to it) can be bent or broken if anyone tried to cycle the mech with a screwdriver as if it was a Mills or a Jennings.

PM me or post pictures of your mech for more info. What parts did you have to buy and how much did they cost?

Hello, I just received a Caille Cadet, it was pretty hacked up inside from someone welding on the brackets, I went to a place in San Mateo and was able to pick up all the parts I needed, for a huge price. Good thing I didn't pay anything for it. Im not looking for any parts just pictures and information.

The pictures would be of the mech. All of it, I'm not able to pull the handle, it seams like something is bent or put of adjustment because if I center the horse shoe looking piece while pulling reel it works ok.

Any suggestions or pictures would be a great help,

Thanks,
Andrew from California
Droider
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 02:15:51 AM »

]Thanks for the reply so quick. I will try to post some pictures of what I have. I didn't get to work on it today but going to try in the morning, I spent 600.00 on parts but got quite a few parts, back door, coin shoot, upper rear plate, all original, horse shoe linkage, springs, linkages, ect...

Looking at the value I think I spent about the value of the machine.

Thanks again for the help.

Andrew
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 07:14:10 PM »

Hello, I just received a Caille Cadet, it was pretty hacked up inside from someone welding on the brackets,

Not sure if this is the case here (I'd need to see a picture of the welding you're talking about), but some unscrupulous operators would weld metal pieces to the payout arms of some of the old mechanical slots to prevent the reels from stopping on the jackpot symbols, always causing them to stop one position before or after the symbol, but never on it.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.