Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:20:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 Primary SAS Down Error, Need Clear Chip Setup Help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 Primary SAS Down Error, Need Clear Chip Setup Help  (Read 9839 times)
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« on: May 08, 2009, 01:34:34 PM »

Hello All,  I am getting the SAS error (Primary SAS Down) ,  just like I read here before,  a few days after I used a set17 chip on it. I have decided to use my clear chip but I am looking for anyone that can give me kind of  a 'checklist' of things I will have to set back up.
Thanks
Mike
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 02:07:13 PM »

Can you tell me if your machine is using a hopper or a ticket printer?

Also, what is the number of the Clear Chip number do you have in hand?

Finally, before we go to the drastic measure of a ram clear, can you go into your set up and check to see if you SAS setup says "Standard" mode.  Is it possible you changed this inadvertantly after you did a Key 17?

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 03:23:58 PM »

The machine is printer only & no coin in, ticket out, no hopper,  just bills.
I looked around and say where is says SAS Validation Type - Standard, if thats where you meant.
The clear chip number written on it is IVC00224
(it starts with a one or an I,  handwritten, I really cant tell.

Can you tell me if your machine is using a hopper or a ticket printer?

Also, what is the number of the Clear Chip number do you have in hand?

Finally, before we go to the drastic measure of a ram clear, can you go into your set up and check to see if you SAS setup says "Standard" mode.  Is it possible you changed this inadvertantly after you did a Key 17?
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 03:27:28 PM »

Can you check on the right, bottom side of your machine for the date of manufacture stamped on the metal plate?

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 03:33:03 PM »

date of manufacture 11/03

Can you check on the right, bottom side of your machine for the date of manufacture stamped on the metal plate?
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 03:42:05 PM »

There is a gray area as to whether you should be using a ICV097 or a ICV224 clear chip as the dividing occurred during the year 2003.  Because you are late in the year we will give your ICV224 a try and see how it goes.

Although we could take care of this over the phone in less than 10 minutes...I would like to post the detailed instructions for someone else's future use.  Check back late this evening and I should have it up for your use.

Jim

Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 06:47:18 PM »

Okay Mike...lets give this a try.

First off as a preface, my understanding is that mid year 2003 models and prior of the S2000's should be using the ICV00097 Clear Chip and the corresponding Key 17 Chip for proper set up.  Any newer machines should be using a ICV00224 Clear Chip and the corresponiding Key 31.  I do not know any hard facts about this but perhaps another NLG member with knowledge will chirp in with that informatoin.  If you are using a ICV00224 and a Key 17...I cannot say for sure, but this may be one of your problems.

Also note, that for the set up procedure below I am using the ICV00097 and Key 17 chips.  It is possible that the menu layout could be slightly different when using the newer chips but the concept of what you are setting up and how to go about it will be the same as listed below.

Finally, that was a lot to type in and it's possible there is a typo or 2....if any other NLG'ers catch an error specifically with a procedure (not spelling) please let me know so I can update this for others future use.

First, if your machine still has any player tracking equipment, please unplug it's main power cord.  It is plugged in to the front face of the power supply found just to the right of the MPU in the bottom box behind where the hopper might usually sit if installed.

S2000 RAM CLEAR and KEY SET UP FOR HOME USE S2000

1)  Power the machine off.  Remove the coin tray.  Carefully remove the MPU board.

2)  Before handling the proms on the MPU, I like to ground myself by holding both hands onto the metal tray of the MPU for a few seconds.  Keep you wrists resting on the front frame of the tray while you work to insure you stay grounded and try not to move your feet around too much as you stand there.  Ideally we should all be using anti-static grounding cables tied to our wrists.

3)  Inspect and insure that the games Version, Game 1, and Game 2 to chips are installed in the proper orientation and fully seated.  Remove the SB (40 pin) chip and replace with your Clear Chip.

4)  Return the MPU to the machine and insure it is fully seated in the tray.  While leaving the door open for this step, power the machine on and keep your eye on the top 2 amber lights on the MPU board.  Once they turn on you should power your machine off.

5)  I like to repeat step 4 above 2 more times, power machine on, wait for lights, then power off.  This insures that everything fully clears off the board.  I have found that every once in awhile for some reason residual accounting information does not fully clear and causes problems later during set up.  This rare but I know it happens and was confirmed to me from the good people at Samron Slots.

6)  After powering the machine off, remove the MPU again, ground yourself, and replace the Clear Chip with your SB Chip.  Return it to the machine and while leaving the door open for this step power the machine on.  Notice on the door LED it should say "TESTING MEMORY" and soon after you should get an Alarm sound and a message that reads "RAM ERROR".  Turn your Reset Key (4) four times.  You should now have a message that says "PRESS TEST SWITCH FOR 2-3 SECONDS".  Proceed by pressing the small white button on the MPU for 3 seconds then release.  The message on the LED now reads "CLOSE MAIN DOOR".  Proceed and make sure the lever is pressed down with force to make sure it is fully seated.

7)  Door LED should now read "TESTING MEMORY".  When it is finished you should get a message that reads "CALL ATTENDANT".  At this point you should open the main door again.  You will immediately get an Alarm again.  Proceed, while keeping the door open, by turning the Reset Key (3) three times.  After a few moments the reels should spin and you should get a message that reads "MACHINE TYPE MISMATCH".  Power the machine down.

8)  After you power the machine down, remove the MPU again, ground yourself, and replace the SB chip with your Key Chip.  Return the MPU to the machine, fully seat, and while leaving the door open power the machine on.  Keep your eyes on the MPU lights and once the top 2 amper lights turn on, power the machine down.  Remove the MPU, ground yourself, replace the Key Chip with your SB Chip and return the board to the machine.  While leaving the door open, power the machine back on.  After the machine cycles, you should receive a message on the door LED that reads "7 KEY CHIP CONFIG".

As a preface to Key Chip set up on a machine, the SAS after a clear will default to "Standard Mode".  You have no reason to go into that set up and should avoid it.  In fact you will find that there are many settings with in the Key Chip set up that will already default to a desired mode and you can bypass most all settings.

Button control during Key Chip set up is as follows.  The Service/Change and Cash Out buttons are toggles for up and down through the menu selections.  The Spin Reels button is for Select.  And the Bet Max is for Enter or Confirm.

9)  Our first step is to establish the machines Accounting and Denomination.  Warning...once you establish the Accounting you cannot reduce it at a later date unless you repeat the Clear Chip process above.  Should have decided by now what denomination your machine will play.  Most will set for 25 cents.

Press the Spin Reels 4 times and the LED should read "Accounting". 
Press the Spin Reels 1 more time and the toggle buttons should light up.
Press the Service button until the desired denomination shows...for example 25 cents.
Press the Bet Max 2 times.  Warning...there is no turning back at this point.

Press the Cash Out 1 time and the LED should read "Coin Denom"
Press the Spin Reels 2 Times.
Press the Service 1 time and the number reflected should equal your Accouting denomination....for example 25 cents.
Press Bet Max 2 times.

Press the Bet Max 1 more time and the LED should read "7.1.1 Denom".
Press the Cash Out 1 Time
Press the Spin Reels 1 Time
Press the Cash Out button until the desired game payout percentage is found.
Press the Bet Max 1 time to confirm.

Press the Cash Out 3 times and the LED should read "Machine Type"
Press the Spin Reels 1 time.
Press the Cash Out 1 time until the reads "Upright" or continue to toggle to find slant top if that is what you have.

Press the Cash Out 1 time and the LED should read "Token Payout"
Press the Spin Reels 1 time and you will be given the opportunity to enable or disable your hopper at this point.
If using a printer and not a hopper, then press the Service light 1 time so the LED reads "Disabled"

** Note if your machine is hopper based and not using a printer you are done with the Key Set up at this time.  Press the Bet Max 3 times, the machine will cycle, close door and you should be good to go.  If you are using a printer, proceed below.

Press the Bet Max 2 times to exit and the LED should read "7.1 Key Chip I Config".
Press the Cash Out 1 time and the LED should read "7.2 Key Chip II Config".
Press the Spin Reels 1 time.
Press the Cash Out 1 time and the LED should read "7.2.2 Printers".
Press the Spin Reels 2 times.
Press the Cash Out 1 time and the LED should read "Printer Enabled".
Press the Bet Max 2 times to confirm and return to the main menu.

Press Bet Max 2 more times to exit Key set up, the machine should cycle, close your door and you should be in business.

Play the game and test your hopper or printer for proper function.  You may at a later time press the test button on the MPU and go into other set ups like hopper/credit limits and machine volume.  Again avoid the SAS setup area as it should already be defaulted to Standard Mode.

Good luck Mike...if you get through all that correctly on the first try you get a prize.

Jim

mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 07:31:20 PM »

WoW!  You get the award for all the typing!
Looks like too much for me to do within the next 20 minutes before we close so it will have to wait till tomm.  Thanks, I will let you know how it goes.  I would assume the clear chip is the right one,  I got the machine and the chip from April,  who to me is like the Goddess of the slot repairs but I know she is busy so I like to try to get the answers on my own sometimes.  Anyway,  thanks for your help and I will let you know how it goes tomm.

My next problem will be posted on the monitors forum,  My 'Big Bertha' Video poker monitor went out and I hope I can get some answers.  Anyway,  thanks and have a great weekend!
-Mike
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 01:49:10 AM »

K+ to you for putting that into a format I could cut and paste into a Word doc.  applause applause

I'm uploading it to the file area. yes

<edit>

JOOEEYYY!! Need to update the allowed file extensions to allow the Word latest format. .docx isn't allowed. hissy fit Had to resave as .doc, then upload.

Thanks,
Bill
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 02:14:50 AM »

Awesome Job Archjds!!! applause Have a beer on me! drinker
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 07:15:26 PM »

Sorry it took so long,  I know everyone musta been sitting home in suspense!  Thank you Jim,  the instructions worked perfectly.  There was absolutely no problems with the step by step.  My machine is up and running great,  other then a couple light bulbs it is perfect.  Thanks again and you do indeed get the award for that help.  Take care
-Mike

Okay Mike...lets give this a try.

First off as a preface, my understanding is that mid year 2003 models and prior of the S2000's should be using the ICV00097 Clear Chip and the corresponding Key 17 Chip for proper set up.  Any newer machines should be using a ICV00224 Clear Chip and the corresponiding Key 31.  I do not know any hard facts about this but perhaps another NLG member with knowledge will chirp in with that informatoin.  If you are using a ICV00224 and a Key 17...I cannot say for sure, but this may be one of your problems.

Also note, that for the set up procedure below I am using the ICV00097 and Key 17 chips.  It is possible that the menu layout could be slightly different when using the newer chips but the concept of what you are setting up and how to go about it will be the same as listed below.

Finally, that was a lot to type in and it's possible there is a typo or 2....if any other NLG'ers catch an error specifically with a procedure (not spelling) please let me know so I can update this for others future use.

tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 10:51:35 PM »

Wow, nice job archjds, another problem solved!

Dan (tacman)

MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 153

Wild Thing!

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 02:15:30 AM »

I just completed this procedure and wanted to say thanks to Jim for writing it up!

Now... I seem to have lost the use of my multi denomination feature. I can only select 25 cents.  Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

Any idea what I may have missed? I set player one to .25, player two to .50 and player three to 1.00.

Thanks,

Rob

* IMG_2152.JPG (535.82 KB, 1301x1056 - viewed 365 times.)
MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 153

Wild Thing!

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 04:25:30 AM »

With the help from our friend at Blue Ridge Slots (Jim), I was able to get my multi-denom working again.  Hail Hail Hail

The missing link was assigning a %game to each player denomination. Then you can assign the buttons.  yes

Rob
L L Pippin9
llpippin
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 54

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 10:04:27 PM »

can you use hopper and printer?
L L Pippin9
llpippin
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 54

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 11:34:01 AM »

I have tryed three times but can,t get to token payout, it goes back to dem,  what can i try next?  the printer will not turn on . 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.