Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:30:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  IGT S2K Enhance MPU's LED codes...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S2K Enhance MPU's LED codes...  (Read 4008 times)
Apache
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: June 28, 2013, 03:54:58 PM »

Hi Techs,
     Does somebody know the IGT S2K Enhance MPU's LED codes. I have at "starting power on MPU", LED codes: 01011111(Red,amberX5,greenX2),  I mean DS8-OFF, DS7-ON, DS6OFF, DS5ON, DS4ON, DS3ON, DS2ON, DS1ON. Which normally is 01111111. Yes, all peripherals and power supply are good, Im using correct good Media game and RAM IC clear.
     Thank you.
        Apache.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 04:21:15 PM »

What is the machine actually doing, not doing or what error codes is it displaying?
Apache

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 06:33:08 PM »

Hi CowBoy,
    Machine is not loading the game. If I use "Deluxe Flash Game" it clears o.k. (I'm using KeyChip 28). Then when BIOS is installed GKB00008, I got one cycle at bill validator, machine froze at "Starting up,please wait". It is MPU for sure, other MPU works perfect at the same machine and same Flash Game.
   Facts:
     A. GOOD MPU, GOOD FLASH GAME, GOOD PERIPHERALS
   1. Key Chip 28, clears and configures.
   2. Boot chip on FlashGame, 1 cycle at B.V., LED's 01111111.
   3. "Starting up,please wait"
   4. Alarm beeping, and "RAM CLEAR" "TURN ATTENDANCE KEY...", LED's 01111111.
    5. Then rest to the step normal to the end... keep clearing, set keychip, game boot, ok.

B. BAD MPU, GOOD FLASH GAME, GOOD PERIPHERALS
   1. Key Chip 28, clears and configures.
   2. Boot chip on FlashGame, 1 cycle at B.V., LED's 01011111.
   3. "Starting up,please wait", Stays for ever
   no more steps after 3  Silly Me!

The bad MPU is giving the error code by LED's . For example: (RED FLASHING) 11111111= fail, 00000001=power fail, 000001111= RAM CLEAR. That's the only ones I know by experience. Knowing the MPU ERROR CODE is about time to target the problem at MPU, well if you know electronics (no problem for an Engineer  Nerd  wave).
   Thank you,
   Apache
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 07:06:19 PM »

Sounds like your dealing with an Igame or game king, is that correct?
Apache

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 07:19:47 PM »

Hi CowBoy,
  Uppsss, Im sorry I should fix The Subject: It is a IGT 044 Game King MPU; no S2K. Im sorry to much time at bench... Thanks for correct me.
 Apache.
harp
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 46

Always on the road

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 08:55:00 AM »

Found this for you

"The LED's on the processor board don't have a definate purpose. Different software use them for different indications. The only common thing I can find between all the uses are the Red LED, which you already know what it means"
timm

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 12:10:29 PM »

is that board a 256 or 128.  Game flash may not be compabtible with that board.  Also did you try different boot version, 06? 35? 
harp

Always on the road

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 12:47:43 PM »

Hi Timm, can you explain further about 256 or 128, thought all 044 Boards where the same

Yes we have tried various Boot Proms with the same result
timm

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 12:58:17 PM »

Yes the 44 is the processor board and the board that mounts on top is the game flash board that holds your boot prom.  The board will be labled(most of the time on the flash id description what size it is 256 or 128)  sometimes games are flashed to the board and the board does not have the mem to run it properly, ergo the red led.  If it was the game flash(program), your would get a DSA check failure or a check and replaced flash card error. 
harp

Always on the road

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 01:27:56 PM »

I actually know the difference between the 044 MPU and the Game Flash Board, you reply suggested, at least to me, that there was a difference in 044 Boards which i was not aware of

As mentioned in one of the earlier posts, the Game Flash that came with the Board works on another known good MPU, we have also tried a another known good Game Flash Board on the faulty MPU with no success

We where hoping that there was a list of codes that match the sequence of LED's on the MPU, but as we have found out no such animal exists, as it varies with the software

Harp
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.