Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:56:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  NLG Members who host their own Repair Logs of Various Games.
| |-+  RickHunters Computer Help 101 (Moderator: rickhunter)
| | |-+  Spoofstick!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spoofstick!  (Read 3944 times)
SAT (aka GANDHI)
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 224

« on: September 30, 2008, 07:12:11 PM »

Hi everyone,

If you have relatives that tend to click on links in emails then they need this program. It will tell them clearly what website they are on.

You know how it goes... someone gets a phishing email and clicks on the link. The URL looks like it's eBay (PayPal, your bank, etc...) but it's really not. This program will show what domain they are really on.

http://www.spoofstick.com/

Nice program.

RJ

Keep it simple!!!
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 07:12:25 PM »

IE version 7 now has a phishing filter built into it, its not 100% (like everything else Micro$oft) but its better then nothing

Keep it simple!!!
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 07:12:40 PM »

Yeah,

I'm still on IE6 until more companies have time to update software and websites to work with IE7.

Company I work for says to not install it due to compatibility issues with online tools. I like being able to see my paycheck stubs, so I'll stick with 6 for now.

RJ

Keep it simple!!!
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 07:12:52 PM »

Ever since I upgraded to IE 7 if I click a link in OL or OLexpress I have to hold down shift and click it and continue holding shift till it pops up to get it to even come up, either that or copy and paste the address.. bunch of goobs. Which BTW.. holding shift and clicking a link opens it in a new IE window, in case anyone didn't know.

Keep it simple!!!
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 07:13:08 PM »

I hate the tabs of IE7. I know you can have it pop up new windows into a new browser but.....

1. I have to configure it.
2. IE7 takes a ton of memory so multiple copies are not great if you are memory challenged.

With the tab function enabled you can't ALT-TAB between browser windows. You have to stretch your arm and move your mouse.

I choose slots as a hobby because you can sit on a stool all night semi-comotose, drink, tell lies. I tell people just like Texas Holdum...slot play is a sport. At least video poker is. I only wish I could fix the change button. No matter how hard I hit it the service girl still comes by when she feels like it..(and its not that often)..... now Microsoft wants me to stretch my arm and use a mouse vs ALT-Tab. I think not.
 Duh! (that was my fri  muted gen outside voice again wasnt it).  rotflmao

Keep it simple!!!
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 07:13:20 PM »

I am not real happy with IE7.  Wish I never allowed the "update".

For me (a creature of habbit), most of the functions I use are now either gone  (at least I can't find them) - like opening a newsreader from within IE without needing to launch Outlook Express seperately, or, they have been moved to the other side of the screen.  For example, I do a lot of "printing" of what is on a web page.  That use to mean "File, Print, Selection, etc." now, its over on the right side in a pull down menu loser

My one BIG gripe is related to Ebay.  It seems, once I "Watch this item", its a crap shoot as to how many, and how fast, you must click the back button to get back to the page before the page before you watched the item.  Usually, delayed clicks result in a refresh of the same page you are on, over and over, and over and over and over and over.........

I guess the tab thing is going to get some getting use to.  But, I still find myself launching another copy of IE to open a new page......

CJ

Keep it simple!!!
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 07:14:03 PM »

Yes, I notieced the same prolem backing out of a watched item on Ebay.  Almst impossible to get out.  I usually just click on my ebay and start all over again.

Keep it simple!!!
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 07:14:19 PM »

So, who's to blame?

Ebay for the way they wrote the page, or Microsoft for how then changed something about IE???

CJ

Keep it simple!!!
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 07:14:35 PM »

OK guys, I have answers for most of your issues, so rather than use the quote function I'll just post a reply.

Brianzz, I'm not sure about the OL problem. I can click in a link in an email and it opens in ie7 with no issues. Sorry I can't help with that one.

Jay, to move back and forth within the tabs, use <Ctrl><tab> and <Shft><Ctrl><Tab>. You can still use <Alt><Tab> and <shft>... to switch between program windows.

CJ, first, you can permanently bring back the file menu by right clicking in the menu area at the top and selecting (make it checked) "Menu Bar". But you don't need to do this to use the menu. If you just press and release the <Alt> key the menu will appear (press and release again to remove it), or press <Alt>[key] (e.g.: <Alt>F) to get to the old menus from the keyboard just like in ie6. You can still use shortcuts like <Ctrl>P to bring up the print window.

The eBay thing IS a pain in the A$@. You don't have to close it out, but you do need to pick up the mouse (I don't like them either. The cats are always after them) In the upper left of the window are the colorful back and forward arrow buttons. Just to the right of these is a small (Good ol' micros@$t) black down arrow. When you click it you will get a list of recent pages. If you directly select the page you're trying to get back to, it will work.

Finally, unlike other microcrap products, ie7 CAN be uninstalled. If you still want to go back to ie6 after trying some of these things, then goto control panel, add/remove programs, and uninstall it (it will be there like any other program).

I actually LIKE it. I have 6 tabs open right now all on NLG in different areas, including my pm's and the bible, etc.

I'm guessing you all know this already, but just in case, you can open link in a new tab by clicking the wheel instead of the left button. You can close any tab by clicking the wheel on the tab. If you close ie7 with multiple tabs open, it will ask "Do you want to close all tabs?" there is another down arrow to "Show More". Open that. You will see an option to automatically re-open all of the tabs the next time ie starts up. Pretty cool if you ask me. You can also save a tab group in favorites. It saves it as a bunch of links in a folder, but you can then select the folder and choose to open the entire tab group at one time.

Keep it simple!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.