Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 10:32:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S+ possible to have backlit reels?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ possible to have backlit reels?  (Read 2377 times)
BBH213
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: September 16, 2013, 10:50:06 AM »

Does anyone know if it is possible to have backlit reels on an S+ ?

If this has been covered on here before, sorry. 

Thanks!
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 12:56:05 PM »

Not unless you can do a custom job where the lights are controlled by a switch. S+ doesn't have anything to run them the way S2000 does as far as being controlled by the game software
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 147

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 08:43:31 AM »

A switch might be kind of cool.  Of course all 9 bulbs would have to be on, all the time.  Will S2000 reels fit the same connectors as an S Plus?  In other words, can we buy a set of S2000 backlit reels, plug them into the EXISTING reel connectors of our S Plus, and wire the bulbs together to a switch?  If so, any ideas as to a nearby location where we can tap into the proper voltage to run the 9 bulbs?  I just paid big bucks to have a custom kit silk screened onto glass, and custom backlit reel strips made, and would be nice to be able to show off my custom backlit strips in my S Plus machine.  I just assumed I'd lose out on the backlit functionality that I paid dearly for (didn't have a choice of non-backlit).  It cost me over $500 to do the top glass, bottom glass and 3 backlit strips made up the same way that IGT does the factory ones.  It would be nice to see all the features I paid for, lol.
BBH213

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 10:48:14 AM »

Nicely summarized Ninja!

I guess I was hoping for a "plug and play" backlit reel option for the S+.
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 01:38:10 PM »

No the reels use different connectors.  On the S2000's the reels connect at the rear of the shelf, on the S+, it plugs in through the bottom of the shelf.  The other issue is that the S+ baskets do not really allow for a backlight to be installed anywhere on it, because the whole assembly spins.  On the S2000 reels, only the outer part spins, the lamp assemblies do not move.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
BBH213

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 02:58:44 PM »

Thanks!

I guess I will just have to buy an S2000 machine now!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.