Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 10:15:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT Coin Mech making noise
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Coin Mech making noise  (Read 6088 times)
sutterkane66
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: November 14, 2013, 07:08:12 PM »

Well I searched and did not find answers so I am postion.

Machine 1 hard button IGT video poker machine all of the buttons have stopped working not throwing error code and the weird thing is it did this incrimentally. I bought it for my dad and he loves it as its fairly nice it has player tracking and a bill acceptor

IGT S + .25 Wild cherry replaced batt did the chip clear got a few reel errors but they cleared up but the soilinoid(SP) under the coin mech is making a cranky loud noise?

Please help
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 09:25:21 PM by sutterkane66 » Logged
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 07:24:41 PM »

Hi, and welcome to NLG!

We will need more info on both scenarios in order to help you. I know its a pain, but if we don't know the details, we can't help.

First, on the video poker machine. Do you know what platform/model it is? Is it a PE, PE+, or Game King. Maybe just post a pic (one of outside of machine and one of inside as well) if you're not sure, or check the ID rage on the side of the machine for date of manufacture.

Now, on the S+, does it have a bill validator? I've never heard a solenoid make a noise, but the noise you describe sounds likes its from a bill validator. Again, pics would be great.

Also, try to post the 2 machines on separate postings, as they are 2 totally different machines with 2 totally different issues. We will await your posts and get you all fixed up!  yes

sutterkane66

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 07:32:22 PM »

fair enough I will maintain this thread as the IGT Slot thread. If you open the belly glass and look directly at where the noise is coming from it is in the bottom part of the coin mech
sutterkane66

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 07:37:09 PM »

I rechecked and the noise is definitely coming from the coin mech but it stops when I open the main door
Firebird
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 10:50:10 PM »

On the S+, Sounds like the gate on the back of the coin comparitor is shuttering opened and closed. Have heard this problem before. May need new coin comparitor.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 02:05:40 AM »

There is a solenoid right behind the coin optics for the coin over flow. It's a two pin plug, just unplug it and you should be good to go.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
sutterkane66

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 02:15:38 AM »

ok so I got rid of the noise after dropping coins through it however I am dealing with reel codes now it will twerk(Twitch/Jerk) and then pop a reel code and Ideas?
sutterkane66

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 02:54:48 AM »

I have gotten it to play intermittently about 1 out of ten tries it will spin and not reel fault and actually play WTH?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 03:08:28 AM »

Good place to start and the easiest is make sure the door optics are seeing each other. If you want put some tape on the door and the cabnet, draw a line on the tape lined up with the door  optic with the door latch all the way down. Do the same thing to the cabnet side. Close the door and if the two lines do not line up, adjust the cabnet side optic up or down until they do. Test and see if this helped.

* PICT0075.JPG (459.13 KB, 960x1280 - viewed 291 times.)

sutterkane66

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 03:13:05 AM »

the door lines up
sutterkane66

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 03:16:51 AM »

Sorry I ment to say that the optics line up
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 03:22:38 AM »

That's all right, when you got me to help you you got the bottom of the barrel anyway.

OK  Make sure there is nothing that the reels can be hitting, most times it is a wire hanging down.

sutterkane66

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 03:25:13 AM »

That's all right, when you got me to help you you got the bottom of the barrel anyway.

OK  Make sure there is nothing that the reels can be hitting, most times it is a wire hanging down.

First of all Thank you for your help second of all any help is appreciated bottom of the barrel top of the barrel Right now I just feel like its my day in the barrel.

but I will say this at the top of the cabinet that the door contacts there was some crude and I cleaned it off and it seemed to play more frequently???
sutterkane66

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 07:59:42 PM »

Any other help would be apriciated
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.