Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 09:25:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Which IGT to sell?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which IGT to sell?  (Read 5864 times)
cfh
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 113

« on: October 01, 2008, 03:59:11 PM »

I only need one IGT, having a hard time figuring out which to keep.
both have their advantages. What are you all opinions on which
title is more fun, more collectible, better value, etc etc.
thanks!

S2000/Vision, probably better than the above two? i don't know...
frankly it seems a bit lame to me, and takes FIVE minutes to boot!

tjkeller
NLG Translator
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 374

What???...Where???...Huh???

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 05:07:24 PM »

Wow...VERY tough call there. Those are some very nice games. applause

Of the three, I would say that the Haywire Deluxe is the MOST Collectible & Desirable. Plus it seems to be easier to find
kits for the 9" chop top.

16" 3-Line TD is very desirable as well and the 16" box displays more graphics and results in more appeal.

That said, the S-2000/Vision has much more promise. As far as entertainment value, I would find a kit that was not as "lame".

Personally, I would find a way to keep all 3...you are a bigger man than I if you can part with any of them. BUT, if I ABSOLUTELY
had to cut back to "11one1" and only "11one1" I would probably have to keep the s-2000/Vision and find a kit that I enjoy. arrow

It will be interesting to see what others think as this, at least for me as well, would be a tough decision to make. Duh!

Best of luck on this one!
TK

Thank God for Friends!!!
cfh

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 05:14:04 PM »

yes the RW&B bonus vision game is very uninspiring. i actually like to
pay the haywire dlx more. the triple diamond, to me, is the least fun.
but like you said it's cool because of the 16" top and the 3 line play.
but due to the fun factor i was leaning towards selling the Triple Diamond.

I  think i would like to keep one S+ and the one Vision. I have noticed 9" vision
kits are hard to find. gee i wonder if i could take the triple diamond
16" top and swap it with the vision 9" top? then i would have a 16"
vision and a greater availability of kits, and sell the triple diamond.

i have 15 williams dotmations to move in the house! so i have to
axe whatever i can, and the IGTs are lame compared to the dotmation
stuff.
Thor777
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 415

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 05:52:03 PM »

If you decide to sell that S2000 vision...please let me know   wave

The Haywire is probally the best to keep as even though the Diamond is popular there seems to be a lot of them around.

My CAT is smarter than your honor student  !!!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 06:38:21 PM »

I agree that it's a really tough call.

I'd keep the vision for sure, even with kits being harder to find.

Since you can run S+ kits in the vision game (correct me if I'm wrong, someone), I'd keep the Haywire Deluxe *kit* and sell the 9" S+.  Buy a cheapie Red White and Blue 9" kit or similar for like $40 and throw that in the 9" machine, and then sell that machine.

That way you keep the Haywire Deluxe kit that is pretty rare and desirable, you can throw it in your 9" vision game if you really want to play it (or buy a 9" top for your 16" game), and you still get rid of a machine.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 08:03:44 PM »

S+ top boxes and S2000 top boxes are not interchangeable.  You can run the Haywire in the vision with a SB01000 chip and the correct GME chip set like SG000312. Just disconnect the lcd when you do it.
tacman

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 08:07:13 PM »

I agree with Kevin, with the vision you have the opprtunity to use S+, Vision or S2000 kits in the unit. I've never really tinkered with the upper lcd screen but you can either remove it and the bracket or just cover over it with the upper glass. The only drawback is the glass only being illuminated by that small bulb to the left of the lcd. Of course using those cold cathode 12" lights in white may take car of the illumination problem with the screen still inside.

Dan (tacman)

idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 08:23:33 PM »

Dan, there is supposed to me a full size fluorescent bulb is the back just like on other machines. 
cfh

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 09:30:33 PM »

Ok well let me rephrase this then... of the two S+ units,
which would you guys keep? the triple diamond or the haywire dlx?
Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 10:45:54 PM »

I agree with Kevin, with the vision you have the opportunity to use S+, Vision or S2000 kits in the unit. I've never really tinkered with the upper lcd screen but you can either remove it and the bracket or just cover over it with the upper glass. The only drawback is the glass only being illuminated by that small bulb to the left of the lcd. Of course using those cold cathode 12" lights in white may take car of the illumination problem with the screen still inside.

Dan (tacman)

Well...On my S2000 vision I have the small bulb to the left of the LCD AND a regular florescent above and behind the LCD so That probally won't be a problem...

If you want I will take the Vision machine off your hands and that will make one less choice to make  rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

tacman

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 11:32:39 PM »

Clay, if its coming down to just getting rid of an S+. Find the best machine between the two and then put the Haywire Deluxe kit in it and keep that one. Sell the other. JMHO.

Dan (tacman)

Duh! Duh! Duh! Didn't see that one was  a 16" thee other 9"- Well still keep the Haywire Deluxe!!!!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:59:33 PM by tacman » Logged

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 12:10:51 AM »

Clay, if its coming down to just getting rid of an S+. Find the best machine between the two and then put the Haywire Deluxe kit in it and keep that one. Sell the other. JMHO.

Dan (tacman)

Hey Tacman...thanks for the help with the VB questions  ..helped me a lot...good Karma to you  yes
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 11:34:05 AM by Thor777 » Logged

rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 12:06:04 PM »

Keep the Haywire Deluxe OR buy an inexpensive kit for the 9" machine, keep the triple diamond 16" machine and the 9" Haywire Deluxe Kit and buy a 9" boxtop for your 16" machine!!!  propeller propeller propeller

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 06:50:59 PM »

Keep the Haywire Deluxe OR buy an inexpensive kit for the 9" machine, keep the triple diamond 16" machine and the 9" Haywire Deluxe Kit and buy a 9" boxtop for your 16" machine!!!  propeller propeller propeller

I'll make it simple...    Duh!    Keep the Haywire Deluxe   frying pan   yes    applause 

(and sell me the vision!)  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 08:00:31 PM »

buy an inexpensive kit for the 9" machine, keep the triple diamond 16" machine and the 9" Haywire Deluxe Kit and buy a 9" boxtop for your 16" machine!!!

My vote is for the part of Rick's post that I quoted here.  Keep the 3-line game and the 16" cabinet, keep the 9" Haywire Deluxe KIT, and sell the 9" S+ with a different (inexpensive) kit in it.

(...and you don't even have to buy a 9" box right now -- you've got that 9" vision that can run your Haywire Deluxe game.)

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.