Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2024, 04:52:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  bally proslot 5500
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: bally proslot 5500  (Read 7795 times)
jimistyx
« on: August 30, 2009, 07:04:34 PM »

when powering up my proslot 5500 all I get is the fluorescent lights,nothing else,not even a momentary led light on the mpu board,any suggestions?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 08:05:18 PM »

Check the 3 circuit breakers , reseat MPU board,  led light doesn't come on unless you press reset button. Press reset button probably won't help this problem but won't hurt anything either

I'm sorry I just saw you just signed up today. Welcome   There is a outside chance you have a bad power supply. I would unplug the machine from the wall (unless you want curley hair ) and reseat all plugs going into the power supply. If none of this works post back..  It woulden't hurt to fill out your profile, who knows you might live right down the street from me and I have a power supply we could try.  Buzz
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 08:18:54 PM by Buzz » Logged

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 08:45:06 PM »

Buzz, I sent you a pm.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 10:01:22 PM »

Buzz, I sent you a pm.

Stat,

He wasn't offering YOU a powersupply!!! Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
jimistyx
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 10:21:00 PM »

checked all the plugs on power supply and on the backplane board,and any other plug I could find.Checked the circuit breakers none were tripped.
Thanx for the suggestion though
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 11:39:03 PM »

I've had this happen many times.  It's the power supply.    You can replace the entire power supply or just the power circuit board within it.  -  I would do that. It's alot cheaper and very easy to do.

jimistyx
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 04:09:06 AM »

Thanx so much for the input,ill start looking for one right away
thanx again
Jim
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 12:15:24 PM »

Yes,
Good luck to ya and please let us know how you make out! yes
jimistyx
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 07:11:34 PM »

Well I haven't had much luck finding a power supply for a decent price,I found one on line for $99.00 ,can I get one any cheaper that you know of ?
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 07:16:29 PM »

Email some of the vendors above.  Jim at Blueridge or Darell at Slots4Home should be able to help you out. 
icu44444
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 76

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 06:18:56 PM »

hey
if you still need a ps for your 5500 i have one i can sell for a pretty good price plus shipping. pm me if you like
kevin
jimistyx
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 05:42:43 PM »

Well I finally got my new power supply,at least now I get more than just floresant lights.Now when I power up I get a 83f error,Ive purchased new safe ram chips ,and tried a safe ram clear,put my original chips back in and I still get the 83f error,any suggestions?
Jim
icu44444
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 76

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 08:35:16 PM »

i am not the expert here but have cleared a few or more 83f errors. i read this thread and there isnt much info to go on from you especially anything in your profile to indicate you skill level or even what part of country unless i read it wrong. it just gives me a better feel for how to help you more  efficiently. so anyhow how knowledgeable and proficient are you with the sram clear procedures. i am not sure which one you are using because you said you put your originals back in. are you talking about the old sram chips or are you referring to using the ram clear chips and  then after using them you put back in those original chips. please clarify. and along  with that which method are you using to clear the error. the physical 5500 clear chips or the sram jumper on the main board jw10 i believe it is? get back to me with that info and while i am at it, what set of main chips are you using. these are the chips in sockets u3,u4,u12,15, reply back with what  mexxxx-xx version number they have on them. the last thing is just  to eliminate it as a factor what voltage is your  battery providing. it should be at least 3.0volt  but preferrably up around 3.6volts. if not then the battery needs replaced before going on.
kevin 
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 01:15:05 AM »

Good stuff kev!
All excellent questions!
I'm glad you jumped in to help out!   yes applause
jimistyx
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 11:54:03 PM »

Hey Kevin thanks for helping,As far as my skill level,this is the first slot machine Ive ever worked on,but I have built and repaired a few computers.
Let me clarify,what Ive done so far.I purchased a set of safe ram chips,removed the originals U12 and U15,replaced them with the safe ram clear chips,restarted the machine while holding pseudo coin,and test buttons,waited for CH C in the win pad to change to CL C.Turned machine off,put the original chips back in numbers U12 ME950000-0-1,and U15 ME950000-0-0 I didn't touch U3 SE950000-0-3 or U4 SE950000-0-2
                                     U-12 27c512         U-15 27c512                                   
                                       L97-1308              L97-1308
restarted the machine and still getting 83F error.Next I try ed removing the board once again and moving the jumper on JW10 reinserting the board and starting the machine again,I left the machine on for about 10 seconds to see if it was going to do anything different,then shutting off the machine moving the jumper back and restarting again,still get the 83 f error.I'm checking the battery output right now and its reading 3.603 V .That's about all I tell you,any suggestions would be a great help,thanks again.

Jim
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 11:31:57 AM »

An "83F" error code means (according to the Bally Proslot 5500 manual)...

"SafeRAM Format Error"- SafeRAM formatting has been lost due to bad RAM IC,
 a dead battery, or if ROM has been changed. (A complete SafeRAM Clear is required).

A SafeRAM Complete Clear is described on page 2-11 in the manual.
Do you have a Bally Proslot 5500 manual?

jimistyx
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2009, 08:42:50 PM »

what I did was a complete safe ram clear, the CH C  in the win pad was followed by CL C ,the button and tower lamps flashed which according to the book means that it was a successful safe ram clear , also according to the book if an error was detected during safe ram clear it would show EC, EF, EP, in the win pad, which it did not. I reinstalled the mains and tried restarting ,still getting the 83 f error. I tried repeating the whole operation again ,but still getting the 83 f . I guess ill try getting another board and game chips and trying it all over again. Thanks again for the help.
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 09:35:51 PM »

Do you have another set of personality chips you can try?  I think I had that error and it was the personality chips.
jimistyx
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 01:22:58 AM »

I purchased some a couple of days ago,just waiting for them to arrive.Thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.