Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:48:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  BALLY 5500/PRO - coin acceptor vs coin comparitor
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BALLY 5500/PRO - coin acceptor vs coin comparitor  (Read 5712 times)
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« on: October 01, 2009, 03:55:25 PM »

I thought you could change to a coin acceptor by changing the coin mech switch on the mpu tray?  Doesn't seem to work - I have tried numerous combinations of coin optic boards - mpu boards  - coin drops thru without registering. Do you have to modify the coin optic board like you do on IGTs (cut the Q2/Q4)? 
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 06:08:41 PM »

If it drops in the hopper, then it's the divertor gate that has problems...
(The coin-comparitor is doing it's job) Check the divertor solenoid and loose wiring.

If it drops back into the tray...
then it 's a number of things but check first if you have a 24VAC coin comparitor for one.
secondly, you must use coin-in optics with the numbers AS-3556-303 on the board.
This number will be read vertically between the screw and the plug.

Cutting the Q2 on it is unknown to me...
I can ONLY verify that it does work for S+'s.
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 06:28:52 PM »

The switch on the tray only disables the coin compairator.
It must be up to accept coins.

I hope this helps, But it sound like you want to install coin acceptors in lieu of coin compairators.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 07:01:15 PM »

Using coin comparitor and with the toggle switch up - coins work - go thru optic and coin registers.  Using coin acceptor with toggle switch down - coins go into the hopper - do not register.  Will check the numbers on the coin optic board - I have 2 different types - all work with coin comparitors.

The comment I made about cutting the Q2/Q4 is in regards to IGT modifiication to use coin acceptors.
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 04:36:55 PM »

have 2 types of optic boards as3556-303 as mentioned and as3556-172a - both work in psudocion mode (that is pushing the button on the optic coins up).  with door closed (using cherry switch) toggle in the upright positoin "insert coin" lights flash - inserting a coin thru the coin comparitor or a coin acceptor has no effect (coin goes thru into machine) does not register or cause 20 error.  If I toggle DOWN - no insert coin lights - coins again pass into machine.  I have a running machine - using the coin comparitor and optic from my good machine on my "challenge"  machine(s) - no coin acception - using different boards - different games.     BV is off  - bit switches set for 25c game - jumpers are all set correctly.   The Manual says the Comparitor is a cc16 no inhibit CMI 66160047.  Not sure what the comparitor I am using is but it does work in my good game.
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 07:36:05 PM »

do you have the correct size coin optic block for the coins you are using.  I'm pretty sure you had a post in the past looking for one, so you likely checked this, but....

Thanks,
Wayne

* s6000 coin parts 2 sm optic holes.jpg (214.81 KB, 1600x536 - viewed 219 times.)

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 08:32:18 PM »

I am using the correct block - only have 1 thats why I am looking for more. 
Neonkiss

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 09:01:01 PM »

Isn't their some timing issue between when a coin compairator reads a good coin and the time it passes thru the optics, a critical part of the whole coin acceptance procedure? It need to see the optics like 5 mil second after the compairtor.

If your not using a coin compairator and using a coin acceptor instead, wouldn't the MPU board be looking for that signal from the compairator?
As far as the machine knows it's getting the block from the drop optics of the drop without ever getting a signal that a coin was accepted.

If your using an Imonex it has nothing to send back to the MPU that a coin was just sent thru. What are you doing with those wires that normally went to the compairator? I think those do more than just power to a compairator.

FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 09:07:37 PM »

thats why I mentioned the IGT - to offset the speed you have to modify the optic board on the IGT!  maybe the Toggle switch on the mpu is a mis conception that my disabling the coin comparitor is NOT the only thing that has to be done to use a coin acceptor (Imonex). 
Neonkiss

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 09:32:03 PM »

My understanding of the toggle switch, it that it shuts off the coin compairator completely.
Not that it changes it from a coin acceptor to a compairator. You may be able to trick it some how, but not to my knowledge.

If your trying this because you don't have the comapirators, but have tons of acceptors, You might try posting a WTB classified for the cc16D's needed.
You might find them at a very reasonable price in larger quantities than just a single ones on fleabay.

FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 09:45:56 PM »

i have some cc16 d comparitors coming in - the 24v no inhibit as required per pro manual - will see what happens then - not sure why the cc16 i have works in one machine and not any of the others. thanks neonkiss
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 12:16:04 AM »

Barry here are some pinouts for the bally    everything that comes to the coin comparitor and coin optic decoder  come from J-14 Door/I/O plug from the backplane.  all inputs go directly to the coin optic decoder first and then onto the coin comparitor. the coin comp. only has three wires going into it. Pin 1 is the coin sense line,  pin 2 n/c, pin3  coin power,  pin 4 ground.  the inner door plug feeds the coin optic decoder.  It has 12 pins on it.1 thru 9 go to the coin optic decoder, pin 10 is not used, pins 11 and 12 are for the coin deflector coil.  pin 11 has 24vdc.  pin 12 is a ground controlled by logic board. 
1=1 on cod (coin optic decoder) ground                                 
2=2 on cod coin power  this applies power to coin comp.         
3=3 on cod coin mech enable
4=6 on cod coin sense( this comes from the coin comp.
5=7 on cod coin error
6=8 on cod coin credit
7= 9 on cod  ext reset
8=10 on cod 5vdc
9=11 on cod 24vdc
                                     note pins 4,5 noT used on the cod.

YOU COULD HAVE A BAD CABLE OR THE POWER SUPPLY COULD BE BAD

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.