Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:06:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  USPS not scanning items when you had it to them at the PO
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: USPS not scanning items when you had it to them at the PO  (Read 10923 times)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« on: February 18, 2010, 09:44:56 PM »

Why do the postal clerks fail to scan items when you tender it to them for mailing, especially when it is  priority mail with delivery confirmation?

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 09:51:10 PM »

As my local post office clerk told me, the delivery confirmation is just that -- confirmation that the item arrived at its destination.  It's not a tracking number like UPS.  Granted, the label does in fact provide tracking-like service when it does get scanned, but my local post office told me that they're not required to scan them if they're the ones that you print at home.  One person even told me that they were instructed not to scan them if they're the print at home variety.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 09:59:00 PM »

Oh I see,
Sounds like they like to be lazy!

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 11:21:34 PM »

Oh I see,
Sounds like they like to be lazy!

More like "Paid" to be lazy...lol

I'll tell you what though...I have a few postal buddies that I play golf with
during the summer months and I know that they do not have an easy job...
it's very stressful from what I hear.
The ones I know try their darnedest best to get the mail out to
you everyday - no matter what..."rain, sleet, snow..."   Tongue Out
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 11:59:42 PM »

Well I have to have the worst of the bunch on my route. I ship anywhere from 5 to 30 Priority Mail packages a week from my home Business. I put up the flag on my mail box, sit the packages by my front door with a note on the mail box stating "Packages at front door" The front door is 20 feet from the mail box. I am the last house down on a dead end street and he turns around in my driveway!. The lazy Fat F*ck gets out of his truck, walks up to my front door, leaves an incoming package for me. Puts the flag down on the mail box puts note back inside and never takes the out going packages !. Be glad to see the Post Office Shut down!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 12:03:47 AM »

I gotta love my mail lady...she puts my packages in brand new
white plastic garbage bags in case it snows or rains - which I reuse
for my trash can in the garage every week....lol
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 12:09:33 AM »

I don't get mail when it snows and he runs over my trash cans and tears up my front yard when turning around in my driveway.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 12:11:01 AM »

Maybe we should introduce my mail lady to your mailman...I heard that opposites attract!  Tongue Out
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 12:39:17 AM »

Maybe we should introduce my mail lady to your mailman...I heard that opposites attract!  Tongue Out

Bunker it thats true your wife must be SUPER SMART Crazy Crazy Clap Clap

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 12:44:26 AM »

Bunker it thats true your wife must be SUPER SMART Crazy Crazy Clap Clap

And have absolutly nothing to do all day long !!
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 05:21:43 AM »

Track and Confirm postal packages have 2 states:
1) We have been notified that your package will be shipped at some point in the future
2) Your package has arrived at a destination.

The only time you ever see a message stating the package is at a certain interim point in it's journey is if an employee screws up and scans it, but this behavior is strongly discouraged by the US Postal Service.

Thanks,
Bill
Brianzz
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 06:29:26 AM »

What do you expect for 70 cents?
stormrider
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 131

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 09:41:12 AM »

Here in Western N.Y. the mail service STINKS
at least once a month I get other peoples mail be it next door
or down the road in fact last month I never received my mortgage statement
which means one of the neighbors knows my business also priority mail is a joke
the rates and lack of decent tracking is why Fedex and UPS are my first choice.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 12:56:14 PM »

You mean I've been paying on YOUR house all this time?  Cry Laughing
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 03:04:42 PM »

You mean I've been paying on YOUR house all this time?  Cry Laughing

Hey Bunker, I'll send you mine too if you want! Crazy Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 03:07:52 PM »

NO! One bloody mortage is enough!  rotflmao
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 11:42:20 PM »

Back in Michigan my rural post office was horrible. They rarely delivered any package that would not fit in the mailbox at the end of the driveway. When the package was bigger than the mailbox I would get a card stating "we tried to deliver and no one was home" so drive the seven miles to post office and pick it up before we send it back. Many of those times my wife was watching out the window and waiting for that delivery. They never bothered driving up the driveway.
When I ordered tokens for my slots they said there were too heavy. Come pick them up. Then when I ordered dollar tokens, the box was ripped open and taped back up with one token missing. Did someone help themselves?
So now I live in Nevada and guess what, NO home delivery! Any mail sent to my home address is returned to sender. Must be sent to P.O. box only. It's not getting any better!!
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 04:10:42 AM »

So now I live in Nevada and guess what, NO home delivery! Any mail sent to my home address is returned to sender. Must be sent to P.O. box only. It's not getting any better!!

How far away do you live from the next living human????? Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

Thanks,
Bill
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2010, 04:20:34 AM »

I looked at this thread the other day.  Hopefully no one posted this but there is an easy soulution-at least for some in the past--You can just go POSTAL-- angry-kitty Cry Laughing.  B.
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 01:43:26 PM »

How far away do you live from the next living human????? Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing
Hmmmm, let me see. I think I see something way off to the East. Yeah, that might be a person. Nope, just a cactus blowing in the breeze.  Cactus  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing
Actually I live in a valley of about 5000 living humans. All mail is P.O. Box only. The post office is only two miles away and I pass it every weekday coming home from work.
But their office hours are a bit short. Closes every weekday at 4pm and open only two hours on Saturday. The P.O. Boxes are accessable 24-7.
Definitely a po-dunk town but I like it. Great people and layed back.  yes  waving flag
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2010, 04:27:21 PM »

2 hours on Saturday? Crazy

Man, that's not even worth turning on a light switch!  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

I know what you mean by laid back, though! it's nice that people say hi when you seee them even if you don't know each other, that's something you'll never see in a big city. Pretty odd that the closer people pack in next to each other, the more they keep to themselves. Scratch Head

Thanks,
Bill
gordy
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 24

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 11:08:01 AM »

Postal clerk here smells like a goat! Gotta push the package to her by my fingertips.  Guy took  her to the top of the Empire State Bldg and planes started shooting at her.
MikeyB
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 01:35:14 AM »

The Post Office, and a not so honest ebayer costed me $140 plus shipping once....   muted

I had shipped 3,000 tokens to an ebay winner.  I had delivery confirmation on it plus insurance.  4 days after I shipped them, I got positive feed back to the tune of " fast shipping, great seller...."  4 weeks later I get a paypal claim against me.  I research it, and find that the person that left me positive feedback 4 days after I shipped their tokens had claimed they never received their package!

Upon further research, I found not only did the PO not scan the package in....  They didn't scan it as being delivered!!!  So the crook got 3,000 tokens for free, and since the PO didn't scan the package in, I couldn't make an insurance claim....   hissy fit

To say the least, the dealing I have with the Post Office now, is they deliver my junk mail to me, I let my 5yr. old daughter check the mail on Saturdays.  any packages sent or received are through UPS or Fed EX...  All of my bills come online, and I pay all my bills either in person or online as well!!!

With Government jobs,  the more they are paid, the lazier they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 03:36:42 AM »

If you must use USPS to mail stuff and want it tracked and scanned, you CANNOT do the paypal shipping thing or print and pre-pay the postage, if you do, the Postal Clerk WILL NOT scan the package.  What you do is take your package and pay the postage at the post office, this way, they have to scan the package as they print the bar code.  I do this everytime I send a priority package, because I noticed, by chance, that whenever I pre-paid, even if I stood in line and handed them the package, the would just drop it in a box and not even bother scanning, but whenever I paid it there, they always scanned it.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 09:40:38 AM »

If you must use USPS to mail stuff and want it tracked and scanned, you CANNOT do the paypal shipping thing or print and pre-pay the postage, if you do, the Postal Clerk WILL NOT scan the package.  What you do is take your package and pay the postage at the post office, this way, they have to scan the package as they print the bar code.  I do this everytime I send a priority package, because I noticed, by chance, that whenever I pre-paid, even if I stood in line and handed them the package, the would just drop it in a box and not even bother scanning, but whenever I paid it there, they always scanned it.

Rick,

Very good point! yes I always stand in line and do it at the counter for the same reason!

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.