Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:41:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT Reel Touch Games
| | |-+  Reel touch Tabasco glass
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reel touch Tabasco glass  (Read 3027 times)
ktbeasley
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« on: April 15, 2012, 04:52:23 AM »

I got my first slot machine, a reel touch Tabasco, and was wondering about the glass.  You can see through both the belly glass and the upper glass.  When I say "see through" I mean you can see the bulbs, the wires and the metal.  It just seems like there should be some sort of diffuser on the back of the glass so you don't see all that stuff.  Maybe I am used to seeing pinball backglasses but I was curious for those that have a Tabasco machine, if it is normal to see through the glass so clearly, or, if my machine is missing something.
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 234

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 04:57:07 AM »

I have thought the same thing and come from the Pinball world too.  I have thought about putting a frosted piece of thin plastic behind it.  I think right behind the glass would do the trick.  Havent tried it though.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity...
ktbeasley
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 05:31:13 AM »

I wonder if there is a source for thin translucent plastic that would work.  I work in the X-ray field and have access to lots of viewboxes that have plastic that would seem to do the trick, but the plastic is about an 1/8 inch thick.  I don't think it would be very easy to keep something that substantial in place on the glass.  I may try it though.  The world of x-ray has gone mostly digital now, so most viewboxes have been replaced with high res monitors.  There are alot of old viewboxes available so chopping one up for a test would not be a problem.
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 234

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 06:09:29 AM »

Just for fun, I tried putting in a piece of paper as a diffuser.  Honestly, it worked pretty good.  I put 1 piece of paper on the left side behind "TABA".  You can see quite a difference.  I didnt even have to take the screws out of the frame,  I just fit it through the opening behind the glass.  A piece of frosted plastic would work great but I think a piece of paper would work just fine.  I have the video version glass on my reel Tabasco S2000 but same difference.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 08:41:10 AM by Fourbyracer » Logged

What we do in life, echoes in eternity...
ktbeasley
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 08:24:45 AM »

I thought of that.  Looks like it works just fine.  I may try that!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.