Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:52:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally E series showing 43.000 and 2.000 error code?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally E series showing 43.000 and 2.000 error code?  (Read 3692 times)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« on: February 16, 2013, 03:13:27 PM »

When I pull the handle the 1st 2 reeks will stop as they should but the 3rd reel just keeps spinning. I believe this may be a reel reader error but I'm not home where my notes are, anyone know what the problem may be?

Thanks,

David
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 09:32:41 PM by BR549 Auto Sales » Logged
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 09:34:21 PM »

Ok, looks as if the 43.000 is an improper reel #3 spin, what does the 2.000 mean and how would I go about repairing the reel problem?

Thanks,

David
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 10:40:29 PM »

Dave,
You could swap reel reader 3 with reel reader 2 and see if the reader problem follows to the new location or if it stays with reel 3.
If reel 2 gives you an error after the swap then the problem is with the reader. If the problem stays with reel 3 then it problem is lubrication.

For lubrication problems you will need to remove the reel bundle, pull the reels out, then start with the linkage. All of the 1/2" shaft should spin by hand and all the linkage should return with the spring pressure. The old grease gets thick and jams everything up. I use WD 40 to help break down the old dried grease and get everything moving again.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 04:37:19 AM »

the 3rd reel just keeps spinning.

This is usually fixed by cleaning and lubricating the reel stopping solenoid behind the reels.

Good luck.

Mark

Its Always Something...
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 12:55:47 PM »

The one that locks all 3 reels or the individual reel solenoid?
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 01:53:32 PM »

There is one for each of the reels.  You can hear them "clunk" one at a time at the end of the spin, with each clunk that reel comes to a instant stop.

Its Always Something...
brett777
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 06:09:53 PM »

hi i'm new here so please bare with me. i have a bally e2090 slot it tilts with error code 73 i moved the 3rd reader to 2nd wheel error changed to 42 and 72 which i belive are saying the same error reading 2nd wheel. question since i moved the reader and the error followed does it mean its the reader that needs replaced?  and also when the wheels do lock as they should which is sometimes and i get a winner the bell sounds but hopper will not pay out. it somtime restes fast and most times very slow. my reason for questions is if i need a board i don't want to buy a bunch of parts i don't need thank you for any help you may give brett
theprocat
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 08:14:51 PM »

hi i'm new here so please bare with me. i have a bally e2090 slot it tilts with error code 73 i moved the 3rd reader to 2nd wheel error changed to 42 and 72 which i belive are saying the same error reading 2nd wheel. question since i moved the reader and the error followed does it mean its the reader that needs replaced?  and also when the wheels do lock as they should which is sometimes and i get a winner the bell sounds but hopper will not pay out. it somtime restes fast and most times very slow. my reason for questions is if i need a board i don't want to buy a bunch of parts i don't need thank you for any help you may give brett

Brett, you have a bad reader.  You can send it out for repair or buy a rebuilt one.  If you buy one, make sure that you find out which style you have.  If your reader has a large resistor, you have the 50volt style, otherwise, it's the 5volt style.  Also, welcome to the board.....
Ron

If all else fails, get a bigger hammer.
brett777

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 08:21:12 PM »

thank you i found a man on ebay selling readers for 17.00 would that cause the hopper not to pay out when it does hit a winner when the the wheels do lock. the bell rings but no coins come out . again thank you for your help. brett
theprocat
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 10:10:24 PM »

thank you i found a man on ebay selling readers for 17.00 would that cause the hopper not to pay out when it does hit a winner when the the wheels do lock. the bell rings but no coins come out . again thank you for your help. brett

With errors due to your bad reel reader, payouts should not happen.  Best thing to do is solve one problem at a time and go from there.
Ron

If all else fails, get a bigger hammer.
MarkInAz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 02:13:24 AM »

hi i'm new here so please bare with me.

Hi Bret and welcome to NLG.  Glad you are getting help with your machine but we were helping BR549 in this thread.  What we normally do here is start a new subject (thread) so the following discussions matches the title of the thread.

...and now you know.  And again welcome to NLG.

Mark

Its Always Something...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.