Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:00:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors
| |-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  S2000 1 DOLLAR COIN COMPARITOR HELP NEEDED
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 1 DOLLAR COIN COMPARITOR HELP NEEDED  (Read 4128 times)
vegasbaby
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: February 10, 2011, 02:53:13 AM »

Hi
I need some expert help here.I'm a new owner of my first s2000.The problem I'm faced with is the outside door coin inlet is a left side facing drop,and the coin comparitor coin entry is on the left,thus the two don't line up,and 1 dollar token just hangs up wont drop.what am I'm doing wrong in installing.Is there a coin inlet for right side drop that would line up with coin comparitor inlet.THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL HELP.
MARK

* SLOT PARTS 008.JPG (974.02 KB, 2816x2112 - viewed 269 times.)

THANK YOU
Mark
reho33
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 02:57:37 AM »

If I'm not mistaken, you have to reverse the CC (back facing out) for the 1 and 5 dollar tokens. Turn it around and remount it and i'll bet it lines up

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
vegasbaby
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 03:03:03 AM »

Do you mean the metaL bracket  that mounts to inside door,that holds comparitor.Or what is the cc back facing ?
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

THANK YOU
Mark
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 05:48:40 AM »

Pull the Comparator out of its mounting clips
It pulls out without any tools.

Turn the comparator so side you see in your picture is facing towards the door.
Basically 180 degrees.
The Metal back of the comparator will be facing you when you are done
you do not have to change the bracket.
Also try to reroute the wiring between the bracket and door.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
vegasbaby
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 12:09:23 PM »

HI
Thanks for your response.That make sense now.The one problem i have now is once i turn over to mount into bracket,the white plug wires on lower right wont fit into bracket,as it sticks to far out.The other side of bracket is cut out to make room for wires and plug.Do i need to cut a opening in bracket?
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.
MARK

* question 007.JPG (937.15 KB, 2816x2112 - viewed 246 times.)

THANK YOU
Mark
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 01:02:59 PM »

I have never seen a dollar cc set up in S-2000.  if it is the same as a S+, then you have to do two things to convert the mounting bracket to use a dollar acceptor.

First off: the cc that you are using is not the right one for a dollar coin, you need a cc-33 for a dollar coin.
2= the four mounting clips have two positions , one for the dollar acceptor and the other for the small coin acceptor. the position for the dollar acceptor is: hold the clip out a little so the plastic node is out of the metal slot , then push all the way to the back of the bracket and lock in place. do this for the rest.
3= install proper dollar cc-33, the cc-33 also uses a different cable , it has a three pin connector opposed to the six pin used for the cc-16.  it does get flipped around so the sample coin is facing the belly glass. ( meaning, you won't see it )
why are you using dollars??  the coin denom shows 25 cents. also the display is missing.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
vegasbaby
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 01:34:45 PM »

HI Jim
This is a machine i bought almost complete,so I'm in the process of replacing missing parts .The insert of 25 cents was how the last owner used it,i have alot of gold Frannie's 1 dollar tokens,so thought i would use them.I'm almost out the door for work,so i will work on this tonight.This is my first s2000.I'm still having hard time understanding,i get I'm using wrong cc for dollars,but inserting the comparitor into bracket is where I'm hung up,as metal bracket is in the way for lower wire plug,its not in the way if comparitor is turned the normal way like with green lite outwards.Maybe i will just keep this machine at 25 cents.I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP,this site has been very helpfull.
THANKS MARK

THANK YOU
Mark
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 02:20:29 PM »

It's hard to tell from my bad Pic. but that's a CC 16 D 13 Volt coin comparator and a right hand Dollar coin head. ( on a S 2000 )  I don't know if these are the right parts or the wrong parts, I do know it works !! 

vegasbaby  Some comparator brackets are made so you can reverse the comparator and still plug in the wires. Take a look at your other S+ or S 2000 machines and maybe you have one.

* PICT0319.sm.jpg (244.57 KB, 800x600 - viewed 267 times.)

* PICT0322.sm.jpg (257.25 KB, 800x600 - viewed 280 times.)

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.