Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:57:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  TITO Problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TITO Problem  (Read 3216 times)
Italian Stallion
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 25

« on: June 08, 2013, 01:25:39 PM »

Hi all.  I 've had the TITO unit in my IGT S2000 for a few months now and everything was working perfectly until yesterday (6/7/13).  It stopped accepting tickets and will not cash out and print a tricket either. When trying to cash out  the message is "see attendant" and beeps continuosly until I reset the machine.  It does accept currency just fine.  The unit's yellow/amber light is steadily blinking.  I believe all of the unit's lights should be on with no blinking.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Rick
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 02:40:25 PM »

Rick,

The fact that the TITO device is lit up tells me that it is receiving power properly, however, if the amber light is blinking this tells us it is not communicating with the main computer board.  The machine will not print tickets or accept them as long as there is no communication between the TITO and the main computer board.

This can be for several reasons and I would suggest troubleshooting in the following order:

Turn on your machine and let it fully booted and ready to play (the machine should be powered on and running for the following 4 steps):

1)  In the picture below you will see the power distribution box (silver box with everything plugged into it).  Note on the left front side of it is a multi-colored flat ribbon cable.  Push IN on this cable and watch the amber light to see if it goes from flashing to solid amber.  If solid you are done and working again, if not go onto step two.

2)  Looking at the flat ribbon cable again, carefully and WITHOUT touching the green backplane board (located on the back left of your machine and what the main computer board plugs into), see where the ribbon cable leads up to and plugs into the backplane board.  You may have to lightly push some cables to the left to see it.  Note the ribbon cable plugs into the backplane board on the right side, middle, just below where the black reel harness plugs in.  With your fingers touching on the plastic gray parts of the plug push it in, especially at the top of the plug as it often becomes loose here.  Again, look at the amber light for results....does it go from blinking to solid?  If solid, you are done and working again, if still blinking, go to step 3.

3)  Looking at the TITO device itself and the picture below, you can see there is a serial cable plugs into one side of the the device and then the cable leads back and plugs into the power distribution box.  While bracing the TITO device, try unplugging and plugging in again at the TITO's serial port....check the amber light again.  Repeat this process by unplugging and plugging in again where it goes back into the power distribution box.  Finally, try flexing the cables at the ends of each plug (long shot but worth a try).

4)  Try unplugging the power to the TITO board and plugging back in so the board reboots.

If none of the above actions work we would need to go onto the next step.  Although very rare, we have had cases where the existing distribution / comm board with your machines power distribution box has failed.  We have also had a couple of cases with the machines backplane or main computer boards had failed.  Finally, although it would be a first, it's possible the TITO board itself has failed.

PM me or post the results of the 4 steps above and we will go from there.

Jim
Bettor Slots

* IMG_7177.jpg (122.71 KB, 640x480 - viewed 213 times.)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 02:47:05 PM by Bettor Slots » Logged

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
Italian Stallion
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 07:05:14 PM »

Jim,
Thanks so much for the repair tips for my TITO.  I wll try these shortly.  One question I have is what and where is the "backplane" board that is described in fix #2.  I take it that it is somewhere in the picture.  I am somewhat of a newbie with this but I'm sure I can accomplish this, especially with the great instructions you gave.

Rick
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 07:49:48 PM »

The backplane is just to the left and back from the power distribution box pictured above.  It is pictured below and I am pointing to the location of the ribbon cable that should be pushed back into the backplane.  Again be careful when you do this and only touch the plastic part of the top of the plug.

* back.jpg (280.86 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 217 times.)

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
Italian Stallion
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 09:33:08 PM »

Jim,
Again, thanks a lot.

Rick
Italian Stallion
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 05:45:09 PM »

Jim,
I think the problem seemed to be coming from one of the 2 wires (blue & gray) going from the TITO unit to the distribution panel.  Wiggling the blue wire seemed to affect whether the amber light flickered or stayed solid.  It was still difficult to manipulate the wire in a way to keep the amber light solid.  I then wiggled the entire TITO unit and this seems to have worked.  All 3 lights are lit solid and it accepted the ticket.

Rick 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.